Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Lose-Win-Win Solution: Kiffin Fired, Sark to USC, Mora to UW

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageThe Lose-Win-Win Solution: Kiffin Fired, Sark to USC, Mora to UW

As news broke late Saturday night of Lane Kiffin's firing at USC, the path has been cleared for the one solution that would make everyone excited. Steve Sarkisian to USC, Jimmy Mora to UW. Far fetched? Of course. But it's the move that would restore natural order to the Pac-12 universe.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    I'd be overjoyed if that happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at ucla and woodward blunders the hire. Mora has a great thing going down there and I'm not sure I take the KJR quote at face value since he already turned down the job, albeit when we were coming off 0-12.
  • How can USC hire Sark and UW hire Mora when they have a CONTRACT!
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

How can USC hire Sark and UW hire Mora when they have a CONTRACT!

Plus Mora would have to recruit harder. And everyone knows he will never coach in college because he hates recruiting.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

How can USC hire Sark and UW hire Mora when they have a CONTRACT!

Plus Mora would have to recruit harder. And everyone knows he will never coach in college because he hates recruiting.
    Section14aFS never said he couldn't recruit, he just said he wouldn't want to recruit. Some of you need to learn the difference.

FTG

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    If he were scaling the snow-swept Himalayas with a group of sherpas, Sark would be the guy in the visor.

Visor superiority guy.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Why the fuck would Mora downgrade like that?
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Mora is a under achiever. Look at Atlanta and Seattle.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club
    Pete Carroll is an underachiever. Look at New England and the NY Jets.
    Bill Belichick is an underachiever. Look at Cleveland.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    alumni94 said:

alumni94 is a under achiever. Look at this poast.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Fantasy football. Everybody can play the coach game and nobody loses or wins.

Looking south in the Pac-12, who would want to coach down there anywhere near L.A.? Sure, I believe Mora would come back to Seattle to coach football at UW in a heartbeat, but there's no way, even if Sarkisian should leave, that Woodward is going to hire even a distant Don James protégé.

Don't forget that Pool Boy believes this football thing should be done the "Oregon Way" and he likes promoting coordinators to rookie head coaching positions rather than doing the right thing by hiring an established head coach away from another program.

Should the wishes or dreams of many here actually come true and we see Sark jumping on a plane back to L.A. to replace Kiffin at Troy, Woodward will make the economic move and promote Wilcox on the cheap to the Husky head job. Mora as before will be shunned without receiving even the time of day from UW and will continue rebuilding a UCLA powerhouse.

Wilcox or Mora...... either way we would see a defensive mind back in the head coaching position for the first time since Halfbright and that to my mind would be better than a poke in the eye.

But first, Sark must leave Montlake either under his own volition or by getting fired, both of which are fantasy football. Sark simply isn't good enough (yet?) to receive any offers of a better job and he'd have to do far worse with Husky Football to ever be in trouble with Pool Boy.
    edited September 2013
    Tailgater said:

Looking south in the Pac-12, who would want to coach down there anywhere near L.A.? Sure, I believe Mora would come back to Seattle to coach football at UW in a heartbeat, but there's no way, even if Sarkisian should leave, that Woodward is going to hire even a distant Don James protégé.

Don't forget that Pool Boy believes this football thing should be done the "Oregon Way" and he likes promoting coordinators to rookie head coaching positions rather than doing the right thing by hiring an established head coach away from another program.

Should the wishes or dreams of many here actually come true and we see Sark jumping on a plane back to L.A. to replace Kiffin at Troy, Woodward will make the economic move and promote Wilcox on the cheap to the Husky head job. Mora as before will be shunned without receiving even the time of day from UW and will continue rebuilding a UCLA powerhouse.

Wilcox or Mora...... either way we would see a defensive mind back in the head coaching position for the first time since Halfbright and that to my mind would be better than a poke in the eye.

But first, Sark must leave Montlake either under his own volition or by getting fired, both of which are fantasy football. Sark simply isn't good enough (yet?) to receive any offers of a better job and he'd have to do far worse with Husky Football to ever be in trouble with Pool Boy.

How does this scan? Sark's dream is to be HC at SC. Would beating Stanfurd and Oregon make that dream more believable? That is, would he be perceived as "good enough?"

I seriously doubt he can lead the team to these two wins, but perhaps he has new found "hypothetical" incentive to show the program has returned to elite status.

If Sark leaves, I also believe Pool Boy wouldn't give any consideration to hiring Mora, or any competent, proven HC.

But, I would rather take our chances with Wilcox than be stuck with Sark.

Tailgater said:

How does this scan? Sark's dream is to be HC at SC. Would beating Stanfurd and Oregon make that dream more believable? That is, would he be perceived as "good enough?"

I seriously doubt he can lead the team to these two wins, but perhaps he has new found "hypothetical" incentive to show the program has returned to elite status.

If Sark leaves, I also believe Pool Boy wouldn't give any consideration to hiring Mora, or any competent, proven HC.

Fuck that shit.

Tailgater said:

Fuck that shit.
    Please explain that shit. What shit is better?
    Hiring a new guy to learn on the job is worse than dealing with the current new guy learning on the job.

HTH
    Thanks. I agree. But if Sark leaves, I am not sure Woodward gets it. Who has more potential to learn on the job, Sark or Wilcox? I guess, I am thinking Wilcox. Only because TPIFO (this program is fucking over) as long as Sark is HC at WA.
  • PhilBleenorPhilBleenor Member Posts: 54
    This thread is silly. Scott isn't letting Sark go anywhere. Mora isn't even on the radar. We wouldn't have a new stadium if Mora had not turned down the job in 2007. He may have said he wanted the job but when President Emmert called him after the Hawaii defeat Mora told him no. So President Emmert kept Ty for 2008. Mora burned his bridges here and at any rate Sark is a much better coach and more highly thought of than Mora.

I talked to Pat Haden this morning. They want Sark bad, but as I said, Scott won't let that happen. The extension will be announced after the win over Stanford.

Fuck off
    DJ just stirring shit. But we like our silly threads. Thanks for poasting.

Hi Pat.