Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ezekial Elliot

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,865
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You don't bitch about it through the media. I know pros can get it away with it, but college kids need to STFU and respectfully address the coaches about it privately.

Some of you probably haven't coached.

Or played any sort of actually competitive team athletics
    Yeah...

I get his frustration, and he's probably right, but he clearly entered insubordination territory. Rural Meyer should bench his ass, at least for a few series to send a message, but he probably won't.
    I bet you him and Meyer cuss each other out followed by Elliot getting a lot of carries against Michigan. I could be wrong, but Ohio State cares about winning.
    Of course they care about winning. Meyer also cares about setting a precedent and not letting a whiner get his way. If he does nothing, other guys will think they can get away with acting like that. There's not an owner's skirt Elliot can hide behind.

He has to do something, and he needs to make sure the other players know about it. Handling it internally is fine, but Elliot needs to know that handling it that way isn't acceptable.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Clarett is nodding in approval somewhere...

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

BayDawg said:

The point isnt whether hes right or not, its completely inconsequential. He probably is. As an amateur player you do not publicly call out the coaches. The pros can get away with it, college kids absolutely not. Period.

For those who dont understand the problems with that going on definitely havent coached at a remotely elevated level.

Disagree. I once coached an intramural flag football team back in 96.
    Well, I stand corrected. My bad.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

BayDawg said:

The point isnt whether hes right or not, its completely inconsequential. He probably is. As an amateur player you do not publicly call out the coaches. The pros can get away with it, college kids absolutely not. Period.

For those who dont understand the problems with that going on definitely havent coached at a remotely elevated level.

Disagree. I once coached an intramural flag football team back in 96.
    Did you throw bubble screens?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You don't bitch about it through the media. I know pros can get it away with it, but college kids need to STFU and respectfully address the coaches about it privately.

Or played any sort of actually competitive team athletics
    Yeah...

I get his frustration, and he's probably right, but he clearly entered insubordination territory. Rural Meyer should bench his ass, at least for a few series to send a message, but he probably won't.
    I bet you him and Meyer cuss each other out followed by Elliot getting a lot of carries against Michigan. I could be wrong, but Ohio State cares about winning.
    If they care about winning so much why didn't Urban give him the ball more???

#FireUrbanMeyer
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

why don't you give Ohio State your resume?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The lesson I've learned in this thread is that athletes that make their schools millions of dollars and don't get paid need to shut the fuck and respect the coach making millions off them.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The lesson I've learned in this thread is that athletes that make their schools millions of dollars and don't get paid need to shut the fuck and respect the coach making millions off them.

This is correct. The janitor shouldn't call out the CEO.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Janitors are paid. Poor comparison.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

D1 football players are paid in other ways, or is pussy not a currency?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

D1 football players are paid in other ways, or is pussy not a currency?
    Axe @CFetters_Nacho_Lover