Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is how big-boy programs operate:

2»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Hi, Gary Crowton was LSU's OC for their last Natty. Jimbo was there for the ridiculous roster Saban left behind.

Obviously Les just needs to hire an elite OC and get out of their way.

If he doesn't then he will deserve whatever the AD chooses to do one way or the other.

@RoadDawg55 said he was the OC for that LSU national title in 2007....except he was the OC at FSU 2007-2009 at FSU, where they went 7-6, 9-4, 7-6. His tenure as OC at LSU was 2000-2006. Are you suggesting that @RoadDawg55 is wrong? How dare you.

I agree that Miles needs to get a good OC. But when a dumb fuck suggests he needs to be fired at this point and then flat fucking lies about history....color me surprised.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Mosster47 said:

Hi, Gary Crowton was LSU's OC for their last Natty. Jimbo was there for the ridiculous roster Saban left behind.

If he doesn't then he will deserve whatever the AD chooses to do one way or the other.

@RoadDawg55 said he was the OC for that LSU national title in 2007....except he was the OC at FSU 2007-2009 at FSU, where they went 7-6, 9-4, 7-6. His tenure as OC at LSU was 2000-2006. Are you suggesting that @RoadDawg55 is wrong? How dare you.

I agree that Miles needs to get a good OC. But when a dumb fuck suggests he needs to be fired at this point and then flat fucking lies about history....color me surprised.
    My bad I missed it by one year. I forgot Crowton was hired. Fisher was OC when Saban won at a title at LSU.

LSU can continue to go 10-3 and get beat by Saban every year or they can try something new. I know which option I would choose. Jimbo Fisher has proven himself to be a pretty good coach. If you remembered the FSU stuff at all, Fisher and his guys didn't get along with the Bowden coaches. It was an ugly situation.

You are the only one who is probably dumb enough to use Fisher's time as OC at FSU against him. I know it's just you searching for anything to point out that I'm wrong, but it's still pretty stupid. It's even dumber when you consider that FSU became elite again once Fisher became the head guy.

I am suggesting that you are an annoying doog who has a very similar posting style to Section14A.
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Mosster47 said:

My bad I missed it by one year. I forgot Crowton was hired. Fisher was OC when Saban won at a title at LSU.

LSU can continue to go 10-3 and get beat by Saban every year or they can try something new. I know which option I would choose. Jimbo Fisher has proven himself to be a pretty good coach. If you remembered the FSU stuff at all, Fisher and his guys didn't get along with the Bowden coaches. It was an ugly situation.

You are the only one who is probably dumb enough to use Fisher's time as OC at FSU against him. I know it's just you searching for anything to point out that I'm wrong, but it's still pretty stupid. It's even dumber when you consider that FSU became elite again once Fisher became the head guy.

I am suggesting that you are an annoying doog who has a very similar posting style to Section14A.
    Don't know who or what Section14A is, nor do I care. I do have an issue with impetulant millennials who spew stupid shit.

I didn't bring up Fisher. He's obviously a very good HC, but to suggest he is an upgrade to Miles is FS. My problem is that when I see FS posts from someone who I view as a good poster, I have a really hard time holding back. If hondo posted the same thing, I wouldn't give a fuck. I've grown to appreciate your posts, but when you lay a turd, I'm gonna call it out and let you know it stinks.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Mosster47 said:

Don't know who or what Section14A is, nor do I care. I do have an issue with impetulant millennials who spew stupid shit.

I didn't bring up Fisher. He's obviously a very good HC, but to suggest he is an upgrade to Miles is FS. My problem is that when I see FS posts from someone who I view as a good poster, I have a really hard time holding back. If hondo posted the same thing, I wouldn't give a fuck. I've grown to appreciate your posts, but when you lay a turd, I'm gonna call it out and let you know it stinks.
    I don't think it's a guarantee he's better. I understand why LSU would want Miles out and I also understand why Fisher would be a good fit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

"Big boy programs?" Dumb. There was talk of putting Saban out to pasture after his loss to Ole Miss too. Didn't happen, nor will this.

Miles > Fisher.

.780 win percentage. Oh, and this:

Fisher > Miles

.835 win percentage. Oh, and this:

1 trophy in 5 years > 1 trophy in 11 years.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Mosster47 said:

If you knew Section14a you'd be a lot more pissed than you are.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

TTJ said:

"Big boy programs?" Dumb. There was talk of putting Saban out to pasture after his loss to Ole Miss too. Didn't happen, nor will this.

Miles > Fisher.

The reason to hire Fisher is simple. He was the OC of that title team. He will get a good QB to LSU and once they have that they are set. They will always have a good defense and some good RB's.

Their problem has been QB and OC forever. They had a team with two starting NFL WR's (Beckham and Jarvis), a starting RB in the NFL (Jeremy Hill), and Zach Mettenberger and were still 10-3. It's not crazy to fire a coach over that.
    This is such typical impetulant, millennial gibberish. How about fire Patterson & Boyles because their defense sucks balls? Hire bright, young, successful DCs as head coach and the they'd be set. Right? Fire Kelly at ND too. He has more losses @ND than Miles has at LSU since 2010. Maybe even fire Pete Carroll because his offense sucks. A proven OC to replace him, the Hawks would be set. It's beyond FS.
    Old man triggered
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Can I get a ruling on what the fuck a millennial is please?

I lost track at Gen X or Z. I'm a boomer and I know our kids are horrible but I think we're past that generation.

If millennials are in their 20's I've met some cool ones that are pretty smart and level headed.

And smokin hot

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait, does' the LSU already have an agreement with Okie State? Expect Mike Gundy to get promoted to LSU after Miles goes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HuskyInAZ said:

TTJ said:

Miles > Fisher.

The reason to hire Fisher is simple. He was the OC of that title team. He will get a good QB to LSU and once they have that they are set. They will always have a good defense and some good RB's.

Their problem has been QB and OC forever. They had a team with two starting NFL WR's (Beckham and Jarvis), a starting RB in the NFL (Jeremy Hill), and Zach Mettenberger and were still 10-3. It's not crazy to fire a coach over that.
    This is such typical impetulant, millennial gibberish. How about fire Patterson & Boyles because their defense sucks balls? Hire bright, young, successful DCs as head coach and the they'd be set. Right? Fire Kelly at ND too. He has more losses @ND than Miles has at LSU since 2010. Maybe even fire Pete Carroll because his offense sucks. A proven OC to replace him, the Hawks would be set. It's beyond FS.
    Let's forget for a second that a) Patterson is a defensive coach and b) has coached not only the #1 defense in the country but also top 5 defenses in the country multiple times, but why don't you do some research on the number of different defensive starters that TCU has had on defense this year as well as the number of defensive starters that made their first start this year.

It's something in the neighborhood of 22 different defensive starters this year with 16 of them making their first career starts this year.

You could make an argument that the fact that Patterson has TCU at 9-1 with that much turnover and youth on his defense speaks to the quality of coach that he is.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,498
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

TTJ said:

Miles > Fisher.

Let's forget for a second that a) Patterson is a defensive coach and b) has coached not only the #1 defense in the country but also top 5 defenses in the country multiple times, but why don't you do some research on the number of different defensive starters that TCU has had on defense this year as well as the number of defensive starters that made their first start this year.

It's something in the neighborhood of 22 different defensive starters this year with 16 of them making their first career starts this year.

You could make an argument that the fact that Patterson has TCU at 9-1 with that much turnover and youth on his defense speaks to the quality of coach that he is.
    Speaks more to the lack of quality of the opposition
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

TTJ said:

Miles > Fisher.

Intent was not to slam either Patterson or Broyles. Both are very good coaches. My intent was to show how FS the "what have you done lately" crowd is. And just to remind you, youth is not an excuse. At least that's what I've been told.
  • Options

I lost track at Gen X or Z. I'm a boomer and I know our kids are horrible but I think we're past that generation.

If millennials are in their 20's I've met some cool ones that are pretty smart and level headed.

And smokin hot

Per my sources (Wiki)....

Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation[1] or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends; most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.

As for the hot ones, no argument. But that's not unique to this generation. Especially to old fucks like you and me.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

And smokin hot

Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation[1] or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends; most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.

As for the hot ones, no argument. But that's not unique to this generation. Especially to old fucks like you and me.
    Obligatory Millennial vs. Blue hair jpeg.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HuskyInAZ said:

And smokin hot

Wikipedia is your source?