Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LSU would be foolish in my mind to fire Miles ...

He's definitely on the downward side of his career and probably only has 3-5 years left, but he should be able to choose when and how he goes out.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

LSU would be foolish in my mind to fire Miles ...

He's definitely on the downward side of his career and probably only has 3-5 years left, but he should be able to choose when and how he goes out.

Disagree. They want to be the best. It's not going to happen with Miles when Saban is at Alabama. They could continue on or they could take a chance they hire a guy who can beat Saban.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Right, but Saban isn't going to be at Alabama that much longer as well.

Point being that what they need to make sure of is that they are at the front of the line and beat Alabama to the punch when it comes to a new coach.

Miles has done well there. He lost to Bama and then lost a hangover game. I would be surprised if they lost out the rest of the way.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They should hire CP
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I'd fire Miles if I were LSU and I knew I could get a great coach, but they're not going to pay the $15 million buyout AND be able to afford the $7 million or more per year that it would take to get JImbo.

I doubt Miles goes anywhere.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,498
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I were Jimbo, I would stay at Florida State. He can stockpile some of the best talent available and play two tough games every year.

I'm hearing that LSU only plays one tough game a year.

And LSU has more talent than FSU. Miles record would be tough to follow. Fans are restless because they won two nattys under Saban and Miles and are now losing 2 games a year.

It would be like actually firing Don James in the 80's and he hadn't won a natty yet. Only worse
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015
    Miles' buyout is $15million....his assistants total buyout would be another $2million.

I realize chump-change ...but then you throw in Fisher's $5 million buyout they would also have to pay...plus his $5million salary......that's a lot of cabbage.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I'd fire Miles if I were LSU and I knew I could get a great coach, but they're not going to pay the $15 million buyout AND be able to afford the $7 million or more per year that it would take to get JImbo.

I doubt Miles goes anywhere.

I bet they could afford it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I were Jimbo, I would stay at Florida State. He can stockpile some of the best talent available and play two tough games every year.

I'm hearing that LSU only plays one tough game a year.

And LSU has more talent than FSU. Miles record would be tough to follow. Fans are restless because they won two nattys under Saban and Miles and are now losing 2 games a year.

It would be like actually firing Don James in the 80's and he hadn't won a natty yet. Only worse
    This year LSU only played one tough game.

The SEC used to be good when Auburn had Newton and Arkansas had Petrino. In the future it should be good again. It's nothing special right now, mostly because nobody has a QB.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Fisher isn't really that great of a coach, honestly
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Right, but Saban isn't going to be at Alabama that much longer as well.

Point being that what they need to make sure of is that they are at the front of the line and beat Alabama to the punch when it comes to a new coach.

Miles has done well there. He lost to Bama and then lost a hangover game. I would be surprised if they lost out the rest of the way.

Would be great if LSU paid a fortune to dump Miles and shortly afterward Saban announced he's going back to the NFL...
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "Big boy programs?" Dumb. There was talk of putting Saban out to pasture after his loss to Ole Miss too. Didn't happen, nor will this.

Miles > Fisher.

.780 win percentage. Oh, and this:

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I'm hearing LSU will get in a bidding war for Chip Kelly with Texas.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

"Big boy programs?" Dumb. There was talk of putting Saban out to pasture after his loss to Ole Miss too. Didn't happen, nor will this.

Miles > Fisher.

The reason to hire Fisher is simple. He was the OC of that title team. He will get a good QB to LSU and once they have that they are set. They will always have a good defense and some good RB's.

Their problem has been QB and OC forever. They had a team with two starting NFL WR's (Beckham and Jarvis), a starting RB in the NFL (Jeremy Hill), and Zach Mettenberger and were still 10-3. It's not crazy to fire a coach over that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Leach would jump ship
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Miles > Fisher.

The reason to hire Fisher is simple. He was the OC of that title team. He will get a good QB to LSU and once they have that they are set. They will always have a good defense and some good RB's.

Their problem has been QB and OC forever. They had a team with two starting NFL WR's (Beckham and Jarvis), a starting RB in the NFL (Jeremy Hill), and Zach Mettenberger and were still 10-3. It's not crazy to fire a coach over that.
    This is such typical impetulant, millennial gibberish. How about fire Patterson & Boyles because their defense sucks balls? Hire bright, young, successful DCs as head coach and the they'd be set. Right? Fire Kelly at ND too. He has more losses @ND than Miles has at LSU since 2010. Maybe even fire Pete Carroll because his offense sucks. A proven OC to replace him, the Hawks would be set. It's beyond FS.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

TTJ said:

Miles > Fisher.

This is such typical impetulant, millennial gibberish. How about fire Patterson & Boyles because their defense sucks balls? Hire bright, young, successful DCs as head coach and the they'd be set. Right? Fire Kelly at ND too. He has more losses @ND than Miles has at LSU since 2010. Maybe even fire Pete Carroll because his offense sucks. A proven OC to replace him, the Hawks would be set. It's beyond FS.
    Fisher was OC, their offense has sucked (for the talent level) since he's left and he's won 27 games in a row and a title at Florida State. Other than that, great post.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hi, Gary Crowton was LSU's OC for their last Natty. Jimbo was there for the ridiculous roster Saban left behind.

Obviously Les just needs to hire an elite OC and get out of their way.

If he doesn't then he will deserve whatever the AD chooses to do one way or the other.