Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

6 SEC teams play FCS opponents this weekend...

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The B1G and the SEC have a defacto challenge in their bowl match ups. The B1G cleaned up last year which really helped bring their rep back. Results are amazing things.

Both leagues have a huge advantage with east coast January 1 or thereabouts bowl games.

We(?) get match ups with the Mountain West in early December.

The Pac 12 is only going to fall farther behind with out women's tennis commissioner. I can watch every B1G and SEC game every week. Then the best bowl games.

The stat that Road posted about NFL players shows how far the Pac is falling. In the 80's and 90's the Pac 12 was the best league with the best players and quarterbacks. That's where puppy lives these days, in the past.

Oregon has been far superior to every Pac 12 team the past half dozen years or so other than Stanford. Yet nationally they struggle. They win close or lose. They beat most Pac teams by 4 TDs. Or did.

They are putting players into the NFL but not war daddy D linemen and not at the All Pro level of the SEC.

Your eyes don't lie. Those SEC games have better players playing in them
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The B1G and the SEC have a defacto challenge in their bowl match ups. The B1G cleaned up last year which really helped bring their rep back. Results are amazing things.

Both leagues have a huge advantage with east coast January 1 or thereabouts bowl games.

The Pac 12 is only going to fall farther behind with out women's tennis commissioner. I can watch every B1G and SEC game every week. Then the best bowl games.

The stat that Road posted about NFL players shows how far the Pac is falling. In the 80's and 90's the Pac 12 was the best league with the best players and quarterbacks. That's where puppy lives these days, in the past.

Oregon has been far superior to every Pac 12 team the past half dozen years or so other than Stanford. Yet nationally they struggle. They win close or lose. They beat most Pac teams by 4 TDs. Or did.

They are putting players into the NFL but not war daddy D linemen and not at the All Pro level of the SEC.

Sounds like you watch the games
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2015

That was a great post, but Oregon would have destroyed a lot of SEC teams. They lost twice to the best teams in the country, but they were good. The runner up team played Auburn to the end and the team that lost last year plungered FSU. They were good, but Ohio State was on a mission and coached by Urban Meyer. Helfrich had no chance. They got bullied, just like Ohio State did against Florida back in the day. Urban Meyer could end up the best coach of all time. The guy has never lost a Big 10 regular season game in four years.

It's not as much as a conference issue as it is individual match up. I do agree that the SEC has more talent, but QB and offensive coaching matter in today's college football, and the SEC is weirdly lacking.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015
    Living in the past Race? The pac12's 11th worst qb would start for every SEC team except maybe Brandon Allen at Arkansas, maybe kyle Allen (who isnt even starting full time). Coker wouldnt start at any pac12 school. Maybe Oregon St, but doubt it. The pac12 is so far ahead of the SEC offensively its mind boggling, and certainly equal on defense.

In previous years the SEC could claim their defenses distinguished themselves from the pac12. SEC defenses are fucking horrible the last 2-3 years. In other words, the SEC is way behind the Pac and big10 . They squeak by the big12 only because the big12 has 10 teams, and 6 of them suck hind teat.

Come on Race, you know better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coker would start here and it isn't close. There are half a dozen SEC QBs better than Brownstain

Pac 12 defenses aren't horrible? Seriously?

I think we're done here
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015

Coker would start here and it isn't close. There are half a dozen SEC QBs better than Brownstain

Pac 12 defenses aren't horrible? Seriously?

I think we're done here

Were done here? Coker is a pure product of Derek Henry you butthuffing tard Race. We saw how good Coker was vs a jc pukeback in Chad Kelley. 2 horrible defenses, best qb won. It wasnt Coker. Now name me a pac12 qb kelly or Coke r would start ove r beside s brownin g and OSU'z hurdler? Notice I said 10 pac qbs? Did I mention Browning would start in the SEC?

Next year, when browning isnt an 18 year old true frezhman, he'll be good enough to start for 10 ou t of 14 SEC teams. The pac12 is so ahead of the SEC offensively, a nd in terms of pro ready qb's its laughable
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Uh we were done here
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Every QB in the pac12 sucks this season, besides Falk.

I know this because I watch the games