Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

6 SEC teams play FCS opponents this weekend...

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015

I've never argued that the SEC isn't the best conference, but you fluffers are FS sometimes.

The only really good team is Alabama. There are 4 or 5 other pretty good teams. It's not that far superior to the other conferences. They play 8 conference games and schedule 4 patsies.

I actually agree with this. I just like trolling the idiots who can't admit it's the best conference. They are absolutely aided by playing 8 conference games and a very soft non conference schedule, but it's more 8 conference games, 1 good non conference team and 3 patsies.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alabama's two best wins: A win over #20 Wisconsin in Dallas and #17 LSU at home... What a tough schedule and strong resume. But, but... The SEC teams beat up on each other!

And I would never say Bama doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. They do. They are one of the top 4 teams, but pretending they have played a really excruciating schedule? Fuck off. UW plays a tough schedule too according to the people who determine that shit. Neither do.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,865
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The staunch SEC people have been resorting to name calling for a while. Even by their own criteria, the ACC and Big 10-14 have been the best conferences since 2013 since those schools won.

I guess PuppyBill were right.

Stack the Big Ten up against it right now. It's just as good if not better.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Iowa and Ohio State are undefeated and no SEC team is.
  • Options

The staunch SEC people have been resorting to name calling for a while. Even by their own criteria, the ACC and Big 10-14 have been the best conferences since 2013 since those schools won.

No.

Sagarin has the SECW as the #1 division/conference and the SECE as the #7. He has the Integer W 5 and Integer E at 8.

The SEC >>>>>>>>>>>> the Integer. And I have no idea WTF you're smoking about the ACC.

If there's a conference with an argument for supremacy right now is the Big 12, not the Big 10.
  • Options

Ohio State has played no one. At all. Iowa beat Wisky which is a solid win and a massively overrated Northwestern team. That's it. Iowa could very easily finish the regular season undefeated without a win over anyone in the final top 25. Ohio State will at least have to earn it if they finish undefeated.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015
    Oregon wouldn't have beat any team in the Country that night. They beat a team that should have 3 losses now. The PAC 12 has about 4 decent teams in it this year and another 5 teams that can beat a top 25 team. And the bottom feeders. I'd say the PAC 12 s bottom half is as good any other conferences bottom feeders. It's not a great conference but it's a tough conference to play in
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

No.

Sagarin has the SECW as the #1 division/conference and the SECE as the #7. He has the Integer W 5 and Integer E at 8.

The SEC >>>>>>>>>>>> the Integer. And I have no idea WTF you're smoking about the ACC.

If there's a conference with an argument for supremacy right now is the Big 12, not the Big 10.
    No
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Did anybody catch the piece on ESPN where Saban was talking up Charleston Southern? Even SEC and Alabama honk Feinbaum was making fun of him.

In a network full of jokes of human beings, Feinbaum fits in perfectly. He doesn't know shit outside of the SEC and is basically a fucking cheerleader. He even wrote a book about why the SEC is the best conference. Faggot.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I've never argued that the SEC isn't the best conference, but you fluffers are FS sometimes.

The only really good team is Alabama. There are 4 or 5 other pretty good teams. The team that was touted as a top 4 team just got dominated by Bama and lost to a might Arkansas team that lost to Toledo and Texas Tech. The SEC East champ needed a late FG to beat Vandy. It's not that far superior to the other conferences.

Most of these teams play 8 conference games and schedule 4 patsies. Arguing that they play really tough schedules is dumb and easy to pick apart.

Nicely put Road. Al a bama has not played the 2nd strongest sched. Alot of bias is inherent in that. What team has bama beat that is legit top 25? The only team worthy of ranking is Arkansas, and they're unranked. Arkansas is playing better than anyone. Alabama has beat 1 ranked team. Is that the 2nd best sched? Fucking tards galore around here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Ohio State has played no one. At all. Iowa beat Wisky which is a solid win and a massively overrated Northwestern team. That's it. Iowa could very easily finish the regular season undefeated without a win over anyone in the final top 25. Ohio State will at least have to earn it if they finish undefeated.
    It's easy to pad a resume when your conference starts off with nine teams ranked. Fuck off Sven, that makes a difference.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,505
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

It's easy to pad a resume when your conference starts off with nine teams ranked. Fuck off Sven, that makes a difference.
    Here's the thing. If you play in a Power 5 conference, and you win all your games or only lose one, and you aren't Baylor, you will almost certainly make the playoff.

Quit bitching, start winning. Fuck the rest of the Pac-12, SEC, ACC, or whatever.

Just win. That's the point of the fucking game, is to score more points than the other guy and win more games.

This is something that was really driven home to me during the last six or so years when Oregon was good. If you win, things take care of themselves. If you have to root for other teams to win or lose so something good happens to your team, your team isn't that good anyway and it doesn't really matter.

Like this year. Oregon could still get to the conference championship game if we(!) win out and Stanford loses to Cal. But if I really start caring about the Big Game, that makes me a faggot. So if it happens I'll be happy, but I'm probably not going to turn on #Pac12AfterDark on Saturday because I will be shitface-wasted after the early games.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

Here's the thing. If you play in a Power 5 conference, and you win all your games or only lose one, and you aren't Baylor, you will almost certainly make the playoff.

Quit bitching, start winning. Fuck the rest of the Pac-12, SEC, ACC, or whatever.

Just win. That's the point of the fucking game, is to score more points than the other guy and win more games.

This is something that was really driven home to me during the last six or so years when Oregon was good. If you win, things take care of themselves. If you have to root for other teams to win or lose so something good happens to your team, your team isn't that good anyway and it doesn't really matter.

Like this year. Oregon could still get to the conference championship game if we(!) win out and Stanford loses to Cal. But if I really start caring about the Big Game, that makes me a faggot. So if it happens I'll be happy, but I'm probably not going to turn on #Pac12AfterDark on Saturday because I will be shitface-wasted after the early games.
    So if you've won all of your games, like Iowa, and you're behind a one loss team, there isn't a legitimate grievance?

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

So if you've won all of your games, like Iowa, and you're behind a one loss team, there isn't a legitimate grievance?

If Iowa is unbeaten at the end of the season, they will be in because they will have beaten Ohio State or Michigan State.
    I can't believe you had to spell that out.

Actually, yes, I do believe it.

This is why retards love midseason rankings debates.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

So I'll put you down for being in favor of BYU's 1984 National Championship.