Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Theory on Peterman

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

I like my theory better.

Why not abundance.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don't think he enjoys coaching at all.

When Petersen was first hired, I remember reading an article about him and how he got into coaching. He was talked into coaching the JV team at UC Davis to pay for some of his graduated degree. He originally only planned to do it for 1, or maybe two years. He was successful and this lead to him making a name in coaching circles. Then, of course, he was a commodity and continued to coach. I recall vividly that he said all he really wanted to be was a high school counselor.

We are stuck with him. I think he still might have some mild success, maybe we peak out with a 10-3 season with a bowl win when Brownsocks is a junior or senior. It is what it is. We have fat lesbo as our President, and Woodward isn't going to feel any heat from her (unless pegging with a warm lube goes down)..... and thusly Peterman gets no heat... Sniff gets no heat... etc

Hello 5-7 this year. 7-5 next year. Then some special 8-4ish type seasons in '17 and '18 before the new Brownsocks starts the cycle over.
    FREE PUB MOTHRFCUKERS!!!!
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm torn. Part of me hopes/thinks he might get things headed in the right direction

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I agree...I didn't like the hire when it happened. I thought he was burned out when he started, and he's never had to do an overhaul on a program so there was no track record of whether he'd be good at it or not.

Only chance we have is the challenge/worry that his legacy of being a "great" coach is in enough danger (and he gives enough of a rip about it) that it lights a fire in him and he puts more effort/flexibility in how he does things, but that's probably like saying when Sark was coach that he'd be good if he'd hopefully quit drinking/chasing tail and focus on coaching...
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

I'm sure sure enjoyed 92-12?

Now he enjoys 3.5 million a year mailing it in.

Now he is what he is 12-12.

He was badly exposed yesterday for being a really shitty coach.

Where did you expect him to be 24 games in? He said 1.5-2 years for his process to work. Uh, I saw a contender the 1st half @ ASU, and the better and more experienced team come back and win in the second half.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

doogville said:

He has plenty of money to retire comfortably. Could make a good living as a tv analyst or consultant for other teams.

I have not gotten the impression that he doesn't love coaching.

He's not articulate enough to be a TV analyst.
    I wouldn't assume that from his coachspeak.
    It's not just from coach speak
    Yes. He's not a very technically gifted speaker. Derek should know.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    edited November 2015

Now I know how those double posts happen. Fuck.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

doogville said:

He has plenty of money to retire comfortably. Could make a good living as a tv analyst or consultant for other teams.

Flagged (attempted to...but can't flag Stalin's poasts) for thinking Curtis Conway, Lincoln Kennedy, Nick Aliotti and the rest of the p12 network dreck are articulate.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

doogville said:

Flagged (attempted to...but can't flag Stalin's poasts) for thinking Curtis Conway, Lincoln Kennedy, Nick Aliotti and the rest of the p12 network dreck are articulate.
    Lincoln is good. I miss Neuheisel
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2015

doogville said:

Lincoln is good. I miss Neuheisel
    Neuheisel was the reason I kept a laptop hooked up to the HDMI hub for P12net streaming on my sister's account over the past year. Even built a stand for it on the fireplace. Now, it only gets hooked up for husky games because I can't quite quit this dreck team. The stand is now occupied with a Xbox 1.

batteredwife.jpeg