Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented without comment

OK Cal fans... When we sing FIGHT FOR CALIFORNIA do we mean it? When we command everyone YOU TELL THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD THIS IS BEAR TERRITORY are we being serious? I have a lot to say (shocking) but I'm going to start with some straight talk. Now Cal has some AMAZING fans... We have people who have stuck with this team despite a 50-year Rose Bowl drought and, quite frankly, more bad seasons than good. The vast majority of the Cal family is awesome... But, I'm embarrassed by some of what I've seen from Cal fans the last few weeks (and I include myself in that).

We’re 5-4. We still have a quarter of the season to play. Here’s the time we show our mettle. We’re all in this together and it’s time to frickin step up and unite as Bear Nation!!! I’m going to be blunt here – stop your fucking complaining. Stop going to the blogs and saying “I need a place to vent.” Really, why? Why do you really need a place to vent? Stop bashing the coaches and questioning their future. Stop questioning the ability of the players. Yes, the Oregon and UCLA games sucked. You know that. I know that. They know that. Do you think you accomplish a thing by petulantly complaining online? You don’t. Well actually you do – you look like Tennessee basketball fans circa 2014. Is that what you want? I’d love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment.

OK, now for some more typical Fiat Lux pep and perspective.

We’re 3/4th the way through the season. We are 5-4 after losing four straight games of what everyone knew going into the season would be a brutal four game stretch. We all thought we could pull at least one if not two of them out… And we ALMOST did! And while I’m an avowed sunshine pumper, I really did believe we could win them all. As you’ll recall I spoke to the team before the season (have I told you this story… a hundred times…) and said there’s no reason we can’t go 12-0. It’s a competitive frame-of-mind and outlook you simply have to have. But life throws things at you, and when it does how do you handle it? We reset expectations.

Comments