Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen Pissed Away the Utah Game, but he won't Admit it

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Petersen can't get out of this season without some flags ... there are issues that need to be addressed.

But the good still outweigh the bad. The trends are still far more positive than not.

Barring an absolute disaster next season, he'll still be around for Year 4. It's the next 2 years that are going to really define what we have in Petersen going forward. He can't slip up next year and go 7-5 or whatever. That won't be good enough. But he definitely needs to get past the 8-4 or 9-3 measure and at least win the North in the next 2 years to really maintain the "all is well" mindset.

He needs to win the north next year.

The only way it's acceptable if he doesn't if it's a 1 loss situation like when Andrew Luck and Harbaugh had to go to the Orange Bowl and the Ducks played for the Natty. I don't think any teams in the north are really primed to be elite next year so I don't see it playing out like that.

Win it next year.
    I haven't paid enough attention to who returns and who doesn't next year to figure it out.

Stanford will still be a tough out ... helps that we get them at home. Not completely sure how Oregon and the Cougs will be. I expect Cal to take a massive step back.

But to think that we could be looking at a 7-2 or better season in the conference next year would make a lot of sense.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wazzu will actually be one of the tougher teams next year. I agree the usual suspects of Stanford and Oregon will be the ones to watch, but both are going to be breaking in new QBs and that could be the difference. In Oregon's case, if they go with Lockie we know he sucks, so it's him or a frosh/soph with little to know experience.

Stanford's backup was a highly ranked kid, but who knows how that plays out. They'll still have Mccaffery and Line play to fall back on though.

Cal will plummet. OSU is still way behind athletically. We should be better than Cuog.

It's going to come down to the game in Eugene. Petersen has walked in there before and done it. If he has any of that 92-12 Boise magic left, he'll need to show it at Autzen.
  • Options
    Reason it is hard to peg Oregon is because I fully expect that they will go grad transfer route again ... I seriously doubt that there's a single QB on their roster they are interested in handing the keys over to at this point.
  • Options
    KnocksvilleEKnocksvilleE Member Posts: 75
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    "In a game where Jake Browning (a struggling, pure freshman quarterback) was starting, and with monsoon conditions at Husky Stadium, one would think Petersen would show some conservative intelligence.

Why didn't Myles Gaskin start at tailback? Not only is he dynamic, but he's proved he can protect the football.

But no! For baffling reasons, Petersen starts Dwayne Washington, a running back with a well-documented history of fumbling away the football. And Mr. Washington fumbled twice in the first half, including one that was returned directly for a touchdown."

Utah has the 17th ranked run defense in the country and the 92nd ranked pass defense. Dwayne is a much better asset in the passing game (315 yards vs 5 for Gaskin). I can find only one other instance of him losing a fumble this year (maybe there are more he recovered, I'm not sure).
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

"In a game where Jake Browning (a struggling, pure freshman quarterback) was starting, and with monsoon conditions at Husky Stadium, one would think Petersen would show some conservative intelligence.

Why didn't Myles Gaskin start at tailback? Not only is he dynamic, but he's proved he can protect the football.

But no! For baffling reasons, Petersen starts Dwayne Washington, a running back with a well-documented history of fumbling away the football. And Mr. Washington fumbled twice in the first half, including one that was returned directly for a touchdown."

Utah has the 17th ranked run defense in the country and the 92nd ranked pass defense. Dwayne is a much better asset in the passing game (315 yards vs 5 for Gaskin). I can find only one other instance of him losing a fumble this year (maybe there are more he recovered, I'm not sure).

Valid poonts...

Now,

LEAVE!!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

We want a need a great coach. Period end of fucking story. Not interested in seeing if Petersen can improve to mediocre.

Race. We have a GREAT defense and the offense is only struggling because they are YOUNG. You are the worst type of Huskie fan.
    Funny how the defense has young starters and key subs, yet aren't out there fucking the dog.

• Options

PurpleJ said:

We want a need a great coach. Period end of fucking story. Not interested in seeing if Petersen can improve to mediocre.

Race. We have a GREAT defense and the offense is only struggling because they are YOUNG. You are the worst type of Huskie fan.
    Funny how the defense has young starters and key subs, yet aren't out there fucking the dog.

Nope:

Defensive starters: 4 SRs, 2 JRs, 5 SOs, 0 FR
    Offensive starters: 3 SRs, 1 JR, 4 SOs, 3 FR (including QB, RB, and LT)

Offense is a hell of a lot younger than Defense
  • Options

Valid poonts...

Now,

LEAVE!!
    Yup, let's have our average at best offense rush against the 17th ranked run defense instead of passing against the 92nd ranked pass defense. We would all make better coordinators than Smith.
  • Options

Nail on the head. Great poonts.

If you coach at Washington, you need to be run first.

I want to puke when he talks about Dawg weather. He is a fucking pass happy faggot who practices indoors when it rains.

It's fucking startling incompetence. I hate offense first/pass first fag coaches.

Whittingham outclassed Pete by simply doing the thing that made sense.

Fuck. I hate Pete's fucking bullshit.

Everyone on this bored knew: RUN THE BALL 30 TIMES TO GASKIN AND YOU WIN.

How could Pete not know that? It's not that he doesn't know it, it's just that he feels no pressure to win, doesn't give a fuck about stealing money from our fans and wants to prove he's right more than he wants to prove he knows how to win.

It's a fucking joke. FMFYFE.

Everyone on this board didn't check out Utah's defensive stats apparently
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

He didn't start the freshman RB. That's not a hell of a lot, its a little
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

The top subs that play are:

Gaines R-Fr
    Johnson R-Fr
    BBK Fr
    McIntosh FR

Plenty of young guys play on defense and they all play at a fairly high level.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Gaines R-Fr
    Johnson R-Fr
    BBK Fr
    McIntosh FR

Note that the comment I was responding to mentioned "starters". Almost all depth on this team is young cuz Sark's later guys keep leaving. But you don't rotate the True Frosh QB (outside the occasional Wildcat QB play). Though I will say the development on the defense is also extraordinary in general.
  • Options

I want to puke when he talks about Dawg weather. He is a fucking pass happy faggot who practices indoors when it rains.

It's fucking startling incompetence. I hate offense first/pass first fag coaches.

How could Pete not know that? It's not that he doesn't know it, it's just that he feels no pressure to win, doesn't give a fuck about stealing money from our fans and wants to prove he's right more than he wants to prove he knows how to win.

I don't need to use my eyes to look at numbers when I've watched enough of Utah to understand what they are and aren't good at.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Gaines R-Fr
    Johnson R-Fr
    BBK Fr
    McIntosh FR

Note that the comment I was responding to mentioned "starters". Almost all depth on this team is young cuz Sark's later guys keep leaving. But you don't rotate the True Frosh QB (outside the occasional Wildcat QB play). Though I will say the development on the defense is also extraordinary in general.
    Starters AND subs you fucking idiot.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

He didn't start the freshman RB. That's not a hell of a lot, its a little
    3 True Freshmen (including the QB) to Zero. That is a lot.

Gaskin was the starter for the last few games before the Utah game and he is probably going to be for the AZ State game as well. And the True Freshman RB is getting a hell of a lot more carries than the Jr this season. So saying he wasn't the starter for the Utah game is trivial.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Gaines R-Fr
    Johnson R-Fr
    BBK Fr
    McIntosh FR

Starters AND subs you fucking idiot.
    So I am the idiot cuz you can't read?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I don't need to use my eyes to look at numbers when I've watched enough of Utah to understand what they are and aren't good at.
    @GrandpaSankey? Does this make scents? DAWG cents?!?1
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sometimes, regardless of what the other team is good at, you stick with what you do best. What we do best is run the ball.

When Stanford plays Oregon this weekend, they will run the shit out of the ball despite Oregon having a porous pass defense. Same goes for when they play Utah.

The excuses for this staff are beyond old. If they cut the cutesy bullshit and played to the strength of the team, which is clearly running the ball, this season would look a lot better and we would all be pumped about next year.