Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla Thoughts: Go Fuck Yourself Edition

2»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

Tequila, do you feel like Utah is a top 15 team?

Seeing wilson play up close I think he truly sucks...his arm motion is up there with cyler. Booker is a total stud and Utah had some size on the Dline.

I would hate say as defensive player I was beaten by Wilson.

Utah is really good at every spot but QB.
    They're not that good, but it doesn't take much to be a top 15 team this year
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They're a 9-3 or at best a 10-2 team IMO. Great teams don't lose by 18.
  • Options
    HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    hardhat said:

After the game I went to 3rd place pub and saw lots of faggy bearded fucks in skinny jeans playing trivial pursuit. Some fags came in wearing Utah jerseys. Does anyone under 40 give a shit about Husky football in this town? Probably not.

Yes, but the feeling is dying.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

After the game I went to 3rd place pub and saw lots of faggy bearded fucks in skinny jeans playing trivial pursuit. Some fags came in wearing Utah jerseys. Does anyone under 40 give a shit about Husky football in this town? Probably not.

People over 40 hardly care about husky football at this point. Why would anyone else?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You didn't realize at Husky Stadium, ref's all put in $20.00 and the one who makes the worst fucking call and/or throws a flag from the farthest point away from the infraction wins the pot.

Bonus $ goes to the one who throws it the latest after penalty happened (happened at the twenty, ball carrier running free at the fifty.... watch me and what I can do, here comes the flag for everyone to see!!!!!)
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Seeing wilson play up close I think he truly sucks...his arm motion is up there with cyler. Booker is a total stud and Utah had some size on the Dline.

They are 8-1 and got thoroughly outplayed on the road and won. Sounds like a top 20 team to me.

No one is saying they're great, but they are a legit top 20 team.

Half this bored acts like being called 'good' means you have to be Bama. I'd take 8-1 with a bunch of close wins right the fuck now.
    This. 2000 Huskies say hello to all the idiots on the bored. Winning close and ugly doesn't matter when you are in a real bowl and 10-1 or whatever. Fuck.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where is the point about firing Peterman?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    RE the holding call on Shelton... Mike Pierrerrerrrerra said on the broadcast that it was because Shelton had his left arm around the defender and it would appear to be a hold the ref's perspective. it wasn't far on the outside of the defender but enough to appear as a hold.

It's just what I'm hearing, don't twist.

I thought it was a crap call since it was 99% pancake and 1% arm slightly too far around the defender.

FUCK

We* had a chance to man up and show how we could overcome adversity and bullshit and still find a way to win, and we didn't do it, because there is still too much loser around.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

jecornel said:

They are 8-1 and got thoroughly outplayed on the road and won. Sounds like a top 20 team to me.

No one is saying they're great, but they are a legit top 20 team.

Half this bored acts like being called 'good' means you have to be Bama. I'd take 8-1 with a bunch of close wins right the fuck now.
    Top 25 teams, especially in conference have tough games. The thing the separates the top 10-15 in the country is that they find a way to finish. I saw teams like florida gut their way to a win. I saw teams like Ark plunger Ole miss. Okay state gave a big dildo to TCU and their purple frog. Iowa gutted out another win on the road vs the powerhouse 4-5 indiana.

Not every game is going to be a blow out, and winning ugly is part of what football becomes. If anyone watched that fucking abortion of a florida/vandy game you get the drift. But at the end of the day you know what you remember in 4 weeks? A fucking W in the left column.

Looking at the games this year. UW (as bad as it sounds) could be one of those top 25 teams but constantly chooses to find ways not to finish. The most disappointing thing I see in CP coached team this year is the lack of finishing in any game.

Lost to BSU by puking and shitting all over the field. Blowout vs Sac, USU and zona. USC should have been a loss other than sark was drunk and went BABUSHFS and wouldn't run the ball. Then we have CAL and Utah and oregon which were all very winnable games. We won zero because we refuse to run, refuse to grab our sacks and make a play. The only game UW clearly should have lost this season is Stanford(and maybe USC which we won). That is it.

That we have lost at home to CAL, Oregon and Utah and there is nothing in me which thinks we win the apple cup. Tip of the cap to CP in season 2 when you throw up a 1-4 at home in the conference
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

They are definitely a Top 20 team. Top 15 team depending on the year.

What I respect about Utah is that they know who they are. They have a strong defensive front 7 that can make running the ball on them difficult. You do need to run it to keep them honest defensively and because they often try to rely on the Front 7 to get pressure they will play a lot of single deep safety that if you can get past the first level you can get some solid chunk plays out of the run game. They know that Booker is their guy on offense and they call the game accordingly.

Wilson is who he is as a QB ... he's the definition of a game manager that limits them when playing higher end defenses. He lacks the arm strength to push the ball down the field or into tight windows. He's massively helped if the run game with Booker can get going and he can work play action to help out down the field.

Unlike many teams that are Top 15-20 caliber, Utah's ability to push up their game when playing an elite team is lacking. To win such a game Utah's really got to be playing A+ football and hope that they catch their opponent on a relatively average or mediocre game.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Not long enough.

But awesomed it for the effort.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Speaking of fucktarded calls, did anyone else notice that BS calling Perkins out at the 1, and then reviewing it and sticking with the call. Didn't matter since we scored the next play, but wtf did Perkins do? Go chocolate thunder on the refs daughter or something. That boy got fucked all day.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Excellent write up!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    hardhat said:

All those dudes went to Wesleyan or whatever.