Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

38 carries 210 yards

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Derek Henry isn't walking through that door, not sorry to say.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

Booker for Utah 34 carries...

Dhdawg, saying but, but, but, gaskin needs a break!!! He can't always be out there.

Gaskin gets better with every carry

If you honestly think Gaskin is the workhorse that Henry is you are more stupid than I thought
    More stupid? I'm full of myself? Got it. I challanged one call by the refs and you and PGOS go full meltdown.

You are telling me gaskin can't handle 25-28 touches a game?

Have you watched this kid play? Greg lewis said he has tree trunk legs. He is low to the ground only took a couple good shots from the D.

Somehow Napoleon was able to handle the workload as a little guy. In my stupid full of myself mind I see gaskin just a shade slower of nip with just as good feet.

Gaskin is a special back capable of the workload...
    Dude Kauffman was a fucking beast. He benched like 425. Gaskin is a little dude. He can probably handle more carries, but comparing his size and durability to NipNap just because they are the same height is a major stretch.
    He benched that as a senior... ask greg Lewis about gaskin. You can't see the similarities?

Gaskin runs really really hard and his feet are as quick as Napoleon's...he isn't as fast but his quickness and cutting ability is on par.

Go back and watch Kaufman as a true freshman.

Gaskin is already breaking records with a shit oline.... go back and look at Kaufman's blockers..

PGOS, stay out of this one you don't even know who Kaufman is.
    I agree. He's playing well getting 18-20 touches a game. Can he handle 26+ touches a game? Doubt it
  • Options

Size is no excuse. No more midgets

Yep. Need a big power back.
    I just don't think Pete is interested in getting one, he's already said he'd rather be a pass first team.
    Which is fucking stupid
  • Options
    jecornel said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

Dhdawg, saying but, but, but, gaskin needs a break!!! He can't always be out there.

If you honestly think Gaskin is the workhorse that Henry is you are more stupid than I thought
    More stupid? I'm full of myself? Got it. I challanged one call by the refs and you and PGOS go full meltdown.

Have you watched this kid play? Greg lewis said he has tree trunk legs. He is low to the ground only took a couple good shots from the D.

Somehow Napoleon was able to handle the workload as a little guy. In my stupid full of myself mind I see gaskin just a shade slower of nip with just as good feet.

Dude Kauffman was a fucking beast. He benched like 425. Gaskin is a little dude. He can probably handle more carries, but comparing his size and durability to NipNap just because they are the same height is a major stretch.
    He benched that as a senior... ask greg Lewis about gaskin. You can't see the similarities?

Gaskin runs really really hard and his feet are as quick as Napoleon's...he isn't as fast but his quickness and cutting ability is on par.

Gaskin is already breaking records with a shit oline.... go back and look at Kaufman's blockers..

Your point?
    Kaufman as a freshman had 67 carries freshman year. And then 167 in 11 games at a sophomore, which is only about 15 carries a game.
  • Options

We keep hearing how recruiting is so much better but it's still a bunch of skinny midgets out there

It's all bullshit. Yeah we don't have a big back. No shit. Because the coach sucks

Do I want to "run Gaskin into the ground "? No. Happy?

I want to pound the ball and not have a team of midgets coached by retards.

Next year won't be better or the year after. Fuck off

As I said I don't think he's interested in getting bigger. And if that's true it will be one of the many reasons he fails here
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Behind all the trolling on SEC football is the fact that they have big and fast players. The Pac12 generally has fast players.

The eye test isn't just a joke about Kim. It's real. Put UW out against Bama and it's still Gilby's midgets.

I saw James turn UW into a big team then a big fast team. UW won't look like any of the playoff teams. They will continue to lose to physical teams.

If Petersen is going to make it he needs to actually recruit better. Nothing has changed so far
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gaskin got 20 carries ... I'm guessing the plan was to get Washington another 15+ carries.

Utah's front 7 is solid ... running the ball was necessary but to expecting that there was going to be a steady stream of 4-5 yards per carry and that the game was going to be won by being run first and not being balanced is fooling themselves.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The problem is never the TOTAL amount of carries. The problem is a run-first offense that utilizes its weapons properly and to their best advantage.

We? don't do that.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

In 1982 the Huskies were ranked #1 in the nation. Huge storm at Husky Stadium. Jacque Robinson rushes 40 times for 205 yards.

Huskies beat Texas Tech 10-3.

And the legend of Senor Sack was born.

Until he got paralyzed.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    jecornel said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

You're right he probably wasn't benching that as a frosh. He also averaged 6 carries a game as a freshman.

Gaskin's a damn good running back. Kaufman was a freak.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

Being a workhorse isn't about being 6-3 240. Sankey was pretty small, and he was an absolute horse. Even holds the UW single game carries record
    Sankey was bigger and more well built than gaskin
    Well just load them on the flatbed and we can check their teeth.
    I specifically said no racist....

Aw fuck, you're right.
  • Options

The problem is never the TOTAL amount of carries. The problem is a run-first offense that utilizes its weapons properly and to their best advantage.

We? don't do that.

absolutely, until Browning grows up this absolutely must be a run first team.
    And if Gaskin isn't someone who can carry it 25+ times a game he needs to find someone else better than Dwash and fast