Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

That hyphen QB

2»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    digits said:

HuskyInAZ said:

digits said:

HuskyInAZ said:

6'2" 185. So he's probably 6'0" 175-180. I don't care enough to watch his film and I hope he surprises, but the way this staff embraces little, weak armed QB's is annoying. Is this guy at least mobile?

We have no idea how tall he is or how much he weighs, and you're right, they are almost always inflated. However, I took a bit of time to watch his highlights from last year, "weak arm" didn't pop into my head. He's no John Elway, but he looked far from shitty. And yes, he's mobile.

Maybe before passing judgement, you could spend a few minutes evaluating a player's performance. Or, if you "don't care enough", why post an opinion?
    This QB was previously committed to New Mexico Fucking State, and his offer list includes such perennial powerhouses as South Dakota St., UNLV and Tulane (Hi, Nick Montana!)! No need to watch the film, I already know what I need to know.
    Cool story, dumbass. Watch his hudl video then report back. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of @Jesus_H_Christ. But to form an opinion without looking for yourself is beyond FS.
    Hurtful. No story being told here, Jeenyus. Just relaying the facts, and this fact bares repeating: He was previously committed to NEW MEXICO STATE.

I'm not a college football coach, so I don't know what to look for in a QB recruit, and that's my point: If he is "far from shitty," then why didn't he receive any instate offers from the Arizona schools or @ least one PAC-12 offer?
    In general I agree that sorting by offer lists is about as accurate and unbiased a way to evaluate a class as there is.

There are exceptions. I watched Hyphen II's tape and he looked good to me but I won't pretend to know enough about QB evaluation to form an educated opinion. His #1 WR also looked good although he is too short and slow.

If I was going to argue that Hyphen II is a hidden gem I would point out that Arizona got early commitments from its top two QB targets- both 4*. And ASU landed Texas hyphen- also a 4*. Being behind those guys on the in-state schools lists doesn't tell us much.

He also plays at a small school in one of the lowest divisions of Arizona HS football so its possible he escaped the notice of out of state schools.

Then again what are the chances that Jonathan Smith of all people discovered him if he is actually legit?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

digits said:

HuskyInAZ said:

6'2" 185. So he's probably 6'0" 175-180. I don't care enough to watch his film and I hope he surprises, but the way this staff embraces little, weak armed QB's is annoying. Is this guy at least mobile?

We have no idea how tall he is or how much he weighs, and you're right, they are almost always inflated. However, I took a bit of time to watch his highlights from last year, "weak arm" didn't pop into my head. He's no John Elway, but he looked far from shitty. And yes, he's mobile.

Maybe before passing judgement, you could spend a few minutes evaluating a player's performance. Or, if you "don't care enough", why post an opinion?
    This QB was previously committed to New Mexico Fucking State, and his offer list includes such perennial powerhouses as South Dakota St., UNLV and Tulane (Hi, Nick Montana!)! No need to watch the film, I already know what I need to know.
    Cool story, dumbass. Watch his hudl video then report back. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of @Jesus_H_Christ. But to form an opinion without looking for yourself is beyond FS.
    Hudl is for NAMBLA fags.

Fag.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,590
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    But does he have a noodle arm?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Babushka has a way with the bruthaz
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Browning holds every passing record in California.

No wait, bad example

Browning will be fine.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

No wait, bad example

Browning will be fine.
    At Central.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I watched his video, although I am no QB guru, here's what I saw: He has awkward footwork (tends to throw off of his back foot or both feet in the air on long balls), appears to have a short release, and doesn't look like he has PAC 12 size or speed, all of which would explain why he had no other PAC 12 offers. Otherwise, great video!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

No wait, bad example

Browning will be fine.
    How did you know who would draw first?

I knew it wouldn't be Browning, he had scared eyes

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Hyphen can run which will serve him well behind UW's o-line.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I wasn't thrilled to see his offers were from f*cking Mountain West and Conference USA types teams, but who knows. Lindquist was a four star and he sucks. I follow Southern AZ high school football a little, but Huskyinaz probably knows more about Paradise Valley TBSing.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HS sports coverage in PHX is horrible, unless you're a big school in the SE Valley. I watched his JR year highlights, which were decent and his team is #1 rated in his division. Through 9 games, 2400 yards passing, 500 yards rushing. I know, not much help.