Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This week's sign of the apocalypse

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
GameDay is at the Richmond-v-James Madison game Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2015
    TheGlove said:

Who cares about the GameDay clowns?

Trick question?

Cuogs.
    You goddamn right they do. There was a bit on king5.buttfucker last night about how the cuogs are trying to get GameDay to come to Pullme (hardy har har) for their game against $tanfraud (tee hee). Of course, their gaybob flag-waving was mentioned.
  • Options
    Founders Club

TheGlove said:

Trick question?

Cuogs.
    You goddamn right they do. There was a bit on king5.buttfucker last night about how the cuogs are trying to get GameDay to come to Pullme (hardy har har) for their game against $tanfraud (tee hee). Of course, their gaybob flag-waving was mentioned.
    Boobs Memorial Flagging for watching King5
    Fuck you! I was trying to fall asleep.

...and you're no Sven.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

Trick question?

Cuogs.
    Oddly enough I bet that simple weekly GameDay flag is getting the cougs more nationwide notice than the huskies. Kids (who watches GameDay anyways?) could be growing up knowing who the coog is just because of that and having no clue or care who the huskies are. UW is in deep doodoo
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen seriously needs to start winning so I don't have to talk about gameday, flags, or coogs ever again
  • Options
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Petersen seriously needs to start winning so I don't have to talk about gameday, flags, or coogs ever again

The next coach needs to start winning. Petersen has already bared his ass. It is clear what we have with him. It's painfully obvious that he's not the answer. I'm afraid he's not going to change his ways. Fuck his system and fuck waiting for the freshmen to become seniors for his system to work.

I really wanted to like him. I'm sure he's a good guy, but his coaching decisions leave a LOT to be desired.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

phineas said:

The next coach needs to start winning. Petersen has already bared his ass. It is clear what we have with him. It's painfully obvious that he's not the answer. I'm afraid he's not going to change his ways. Fuck his system and fuck waiting for the freshmen to become seniors for his system to work.

I really wanted to like him. I'm sure he's a good guy, but his coaching decisions leave a LOT to be desired.
    What I don't get is all the hate at this point ... it's just not constructive. As many have said, if Petersen isn't the guy, it's not going to result in a change after this year ... even if he loses every game from here on out.

Have there been areas of the program where there are frustrations and disappointments? Absolutely. The Smith hire was panned almost universally early on as being a head scratcher and it has been proven out on the field. Same with Pease. Not surprisingly that the two guys on the staff that had the most questionable resumes are the areas where this team is struggling the most.

That being said, there are also an abundance of positives in the program. So unlike some regimes where we could look at and say that everything is broken, that's not the case here. There are some areas where progress and changes need to be made. This is true in almost every single program at some point in time.

Now, if Petersen goes 5-4 next year in conference, then it's a good indication that he isn't the long term answer. The defense should be loaded next year. The lumps that the offense is taking now should be better for it next year. Add an uptick in coaching/scheme to the offense and that can accelerate that. Outside of Stanford, everybody else is in some phase of bad to regressing. There's plenty of reason to expect results next year and results mean being in position to win the North.

Following the 4 win mark set by Vegas this year and echoed in seemingly every single preseason prediction that I saw, the expectation was that the talent on this team was somewhere between shitty and overly young. You don't get predictions of 4 wins without some sizable holes on the roster.

What those that are whining and crying right now about every single loss is doing is looking at the fact that the 3 losses that we've had have been by a grand total of 15 points and looking at that as an indication of how close we are to being 6-0 ... which if we were would absolutely earn Petersen pole position into the Coach of the Year race. Probably also true if he was 5-1.

But for those carrying the pitchforks, the difference between leading the Coach of the Year race and being a disaster is razor thin.

I could swear that I heard on a certain podcast before the season that the prediction was that if Petersen was the coach that we thought he was that there's no way that he'd have a losing record this year even though the path to 6 or 7 wins didn't look great and was going to require some stretch. He's on the path to do that and the goal posts are being moved.

In the unlikely event that UW beats Stanford this weekend, those that have been the loudest this week won't point to the great job by the team or the coaching staff in beating Stanford. Instead, they'll point to some combination of how they blew games earlier in the season to Boise, Cal, and Oregon or how Shaw/Stanford aren't as good as people think (see loss to Northwestern).

It's a difference of opinions ...

There's a time to take risks and time where exercising patience matters. I don't find myself a big believer in the Chip Kelly school of thinking that you go for it at all times and consistently push the envelope. In what you expect to be a close game, some times these types of decisions can be the difference in winning or losing.

My personal opinion and decision would have been to punt in that situation. I fully understand what the math says.

A similar discussion could be had regarding the decision to go for 2 after a TD like what Helfrich did after the first score. IF you think you can succeed in those situations at a greater than 50% clip, the math would tell you that you should go for 2 consistently. Just because the math says that you should do it doesn't mean that you should do it.

I tend to be of the opinion that the fuckers in Vegas know what the fuck they are doing ...

They had UW pegged for 9 wins last year ... we had 8 and pissed away the Arizona game. Bottom line business says Petersen was -1 last year versus unbiased expectations.

They had UW pegged for 4 wins this year ... we already have 3. It's looking like Petersen will exceed expectations this year.

Now, if you want to be pissed off because Petersen isn't getting MORE out of the team, then go for it. But to act like he's run the program into the ground as a disaster ... then I suggest you go back to the days of having coaches like Gilby and Tyrone running the program. That's what a disaster looks like.

@RoadDawg55

You are the king of cherry picking what I say that fits your narrative.

You're right, I've said that why not us this year? I also said that I thought that we had the talent to be a 7 or 8 win team this year ... 9 if everything broke right. I was the one saying that there was a lot more talent to this team than what most were willing to buy into when most were crying with the TSIO shit before the season started. Perhaps I've been more right about this season than most.

As for 12-1 last year, same idea. There was a path to it. Realistic? Maybe ... maybe not.

I don't set goals or expectations at levels that are easy to reach ... I set them as stretch goals that are difficult to achieve.

If the definition of being a doog is not panicking after every single fucking loss and wanting to burn the program down as a result ... then I guess I'm guilty as are many others around here.

If you would have asked me 12 months ago if the voice of reason on the Husky Fan Podcast was going to be @HeretoBeatmyChest I would have never believed it.

Take a fucking walk and get a perspective ... take a few of your blowhards with you.
    I don't recognize this work but I'm 81% sure I can identify the originator.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

phineas said:

What I don't get is all the hate at this point ... it's just not constructive. As many have said, if Petersen isn't the guy, it's not going to result in a change after this year ... even if he loses every game from here on out.

Have there been areas of the program where there are frustrations and disappointments? Absolutely. The Smith hire was panned almost universally early on as being a head scratcher and it has been proven out on the field. Same with Pease. Not surprisingly that the two guys on the staff that had the most questionable resumes are the areas where this team is struggling the most.

That being said, there are also an abundance of positives in the program. So unlike some regimes where we could look at and say that everything is broken, that's not the case here. There are some areas where progress and changes need to be made. This is true in almost every single program at some point in time.

Now, if Petersen goes 5-4 next year in conference, then it's a good indication that he isn't the long term answer. The defense should be loaded next year. The lumps that the offense is taking now should be better for it next year. Add an uptick in coaching/scheme to the offense and that can accelerate that. Outside of Stanford, everybody else is in some phase of bad to regressing. There's plenty of reason to expect results next year and results mean being in position to win the North.

Following the 4 win mark set by Vegas this year and echoed in seemingly every single preseason prediction that I saw, the expectation was that the talent on this team was somewhere between shitty and overly young. You don't get predictions of 4 wins without some sizable holes on the roster.

What those that are whining and crying right now about every single loss is doing is looking at the fact that the 3 losses that we've had have been by a grand total of 15 points and looking at that as an indication of how close we are to being 6-0 ... which if we were would absolutely earn Petersen pole position into the Coach of the Year race. Probably also true if he was 5-1.

But for those carrying the pitchforks, the difference between leading the Coach of the Year race and being a disaster is razor thin.

I could swear that I heard on a certain podcast before the season that the prediction was that if Petersen was the coach that we thought he was that there's no way that he'd have a losing record this year even though the path to 6 or 7 wins didn't look great and was going to require some stretch. He's on the path to do that and the goal posts are being moved.

In the unlikely event that UW beats Stanford this weekend, those that have been the loudest this week won't point to the great job by the team or the coaching staff in beating Stanford. Instead, they'll point to some combination of how they blew games earlier in the season to Boise, Cal, and Oregon or how Shaw/Stanford aren't as good as people think (see loss to Northwestern).

There's a time to take risks and time where exercising patience matters. I don't find myself a big believer in the Chip Kelly school of thinking that you go for it at all times and consistently push the envelope. In what you expect to be a close game, some times these types of decisions can be the difference in winning or losing.

My personal opinion and decision would have been to punt in that situation. I fully understand what the math says.

A similar discussion could be had regarding the decision to go for 2 after a TD like what Helfrich did after the first score. IF you think you can succeed in those situations at a greater than 50% clip, the math would tell you that you should go for 2 consistently. Just because the math says that you should do it doesn't mean that you should do it.

I tend to be of the opinion that the fuckers in Vegas know what the fuck they are doing ...

They had UW pegged for 9 wins last year ... we had 8 and pissed away the Arizona game. Bottom line business says Petersen was -1 last year versus unbiased expectations.

They had UW pegged for 4 wins this year ... we already have 3. It's looking like Petersen will exceed expectations this year.

Now, if you want to be pissed off because Petersen isn't getting MORE out of the team, then go for it. But to act like he's run the program into the ground as a disaster ... then I suggest you go back to the days of having coaches like Gilby and Tyrone running the program. That's what a disaster looks like.

@RoadDawg55

You're right, I've said that why not us this year? I also said that I thought that we had the talent to be a 7 or 8 win team this year ... 9 if everything broke right. I was the one saying that there was a lot more talent to this team than what most were willing to buy into when most were crying with the TSIO shit before the season started. Perhaps I've been more right about this season than most.

As for 12-1 last year, same idea. There was a path to it. Realistic? Maybe ... maybe not.

I don't set goals or expectations at levels that are easy to reach ... I set them as stretch goals that are difficult to achieve.

If the definition of being a doog is not panicking after every single fucking loss and wanting to burn the program down as a result ... then I guess I'm guilty as are many others around here.

If you would have asked me 12 months ago if the voice of reason on the Husky Fan Podcast was going to be @HeretoBeatmyChest I would have never believed it.

Take a fucking walk and get a perspective ... take a few of your blowhards with you.
    TL; DR
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

phineas said:

@RoadDawg55

Sounds like Pete is playing with House money then.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

phineas said:

@RoadDawg55

私は何を取得しないと、それだけで建設的ではないのです...この時点ではすべての憎悪です。ピーターセンは男ではない場合、言ったように、多くの、それは彼が外にここからすべてのゲームを失った場合でも...今年の後に変化をもたらすことはないだろう。

欲求不満と失望があるプログラムの領域があったことがありますか?絶対に。スミスのレンタルは難問であると早い段階でほぼ普遍的にパンされ、それがフィールドに出て証明されています。ピーズと同じ。最も疑わしい履歴書を持っていたスタッフの2人が、このチームは、最も苦労している領域である驚くことではないこと。

言われていること、また、プログラム中の陽性の豊富があります。だから、私たちは見て、すべてが壊れていることを言うことができるいくつかの政権とは違って、それはここではそうではないのです。進捗状況や変更が必要ないくつかの分野があります。これは、ある時点で、ほぼすべての単一のプログラムで真です。

ピーターセンは、会議に5-4来年行けば今、それは彼が、長期的な答えではないことを良い兆候です。防衛は来年ロードする必要があります。犯罪が現在取っている塊は来年のために良いはずです。犯罪にコーチング/方式で上昇を追加し、それはそれを加速することができます。スタンフォードの外では、他のみんなは、回帰に悪いのいくつかの段階にあります。来年結果を期待し、その結果を北朝鮮に勝つために位置にあることを意味する理由がたくさんあり​​ます。

今年ラスベガスで設定されたと私は見た、一見すべての単一のシーズン前の予測にエコー4勝マークに続いて、期待はこのチームの才能はどこかくだらないと過度に若い間のことでした。あなたは、名簿上のいくつかのかなり大きな穴がない4勝の予測を得ることはありません。

どのような泣き言と泣いて、今、ほぼすべての単一の損失がやっているされているものが私達が持っていた3損失は15ポイントの総計によってされているという事実を見て、私たちはどのくらい近いかの指標として、その見ています我々があった場合は、絶対に年のレースのコーチにピーターポールポジションを獲得だろう6-0 ...であることに。彼は5-1だった場合、おそらくも事実。

しかし、熊手を運ぶ人のため、今年のレースのコーチをリードし、災害であることの違いはカミソリ薄いです。

私は予測があったことをシーズン前に特定のポッドキャストで聞くことを誓うことができることをピーターセンは、我々は彼が今年負けレコードを持っているだろうと方法はありませんということだと思ったコーチだった場合にもかかわらず6または7へのパス勝利は素晴らしい見ていないと、いくつかのストレッチを必要とするつもりでした。彼はそれを行うには、パス上にあるとゴールポストを移動されます。

UWは、スタンフォードにこの週末を打つこと万一、今週声高されたものは、スタンフォード大学を破って中にチームやコーチングスタッフが素晴らしい仕事を指しています。その代わりに、彼らはボイジー、カル、およびオレゴン州に以前のシーズンゲームを吹いたか、どのようにショー/スタンフォード方法のいくつかの組み合わせを指します人々は(北西部に損失を参照してください)​​考えるほど良いものではありません。

それは意見の違いです...

忍耐の事項を行使リスクと時間がかかるための時間があります。私は自分自身にあなたがすべての回でそれのために行くと一貫して封筒をプッシュ思考のチップケリースクールに大きな信者を見つけることはありません。あなたが近いゲームであることを期待するもので、いくつかの回の決定のこれらのタイプは勝ち負けの違いすることができます。

私の個人的な意見や判断がその状況にパントすることであっただろう。私は完全に数学が言うことを理解しています。

同様の議論がヘルフリックが第1のスコアの後に何をしたかのような、TD後に2のために行くの決定について持っていた可能性があります。あなたは、50%を超えるクリップでそのような状況で成功することができると思う場合は、数学は、あなたが一貫して2のために行く必要があることを言うだろう。数学は、あなたが何をすべきと言っているからといって、それはあなたがそれを行う必要があることを意味するものではありません。

私はラスベガスで同好会は、彼らが何をしているか知っている性交という意見になりがち...

彼らは我々が8を持っていたし、アリゾナゲームを離れて怒って... UWは昨年9勝のために釘付けでした。ボトムライン事業はピーターセンが-1であった公平な予想対前年言います。

彼らは、我々はすでに今年の期待を超えてしまいますこれは、ピーターのように見ている3を持っている... UWは4勝、今年のために釘付けでした。

あなたはピーターセンがチームからより多くを取得していないため、怒っする場合は今、それのために行きます。しかし、彼は災害のように地面にプログラムを実行しているよう行動する...私はあなたが戻ってプログラムを実行ギルビーとタイロンのようなコーチを持っていることの日に行くお勧めします。それは災害は次のようになります。

@ RoadDawg55

あなたは桜の王が、私はそれがあなたの物語に合う言うことを選んでいます。

あなたは、私はなぜ私たちは今年と述べましたが、正しいですか?私はまた、すべてが右破った場合、私は9 ...我々は今年7または8勝利チームであることが才能を持っていたと考えていると述べました。私はほとんどがシーズンが始まる前に、ほとんどのTSIOたわごとで泣いていたときに購入して喜んでいたものよりも、このチームにもっと多くの才能があったと言って一人でした。おそらく私はほとんどより今季の詳細右してきました。

12-1昨年のように、同じ考え。それへのパスがありました。現実的?多分...そうでないかもしれません。

私は達成することは困難であるストレッチ目標として、それらを設定する...簡単にアクセスできているレベルでの目標や期待を設定しないでください。

doogであることの定義はすべての単一のクソ損失の後にパニック、結果としてプログラムを全焼したいされていない場合は...その後私はここの周りの多くの人がそうであるように私が有罪だと思います。

ハスキーファンポッドキャスト上の理由の声は、私はそれを信じたことがないだろう@HeretoBeatmyChestになる予定だった場合は、12ヶ月前に私に尋ねたであろう場合。

クソ散歩を取り、視点を得る...あなたとあなたblowhardsのいくつかを取ります。
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    But how is college football a fucking dreckfest?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

If I do not get anything, it just is no constructive and ... at this point it is all the hatred. If Petersen is not a man, as said, of many, it is not going to bring change after the even ... this year if he has lost all of the games from here on out.

Have you had the area of ​​the program that there is disappointment and frustration? definitely. Smith rental almost universally panned in the early stages and is a challenge, it is has been proven out in the field. Same as the Peas. 2 staff had a most suspicious resume is that the team is not surprising that it is a region that is most difficult.

It is said, also, there is a wealth of positive in the program. So, we can see, everything is unlike some of the government can say that is broken, it's not the case here. Progress and change There are several areas necessary. This is, at some point, is true in almost every single program.

Petersen, now if you go 5-4 next year in the conference, it is he, is a good sign that it is not a long-term answer. Defense must be loaded next year. mass crime is taking now should be good for next year. Add a rise in the coaching / system in crime, it will be able to accelerate it. Outside of Stanford, the other guys, located in some of the stages of the bad in regression. Is expected next year result, there are a lot of reasons, which means that it is in a position to win the result in North Korea.

Looked to have been set in Las Vegas I this year, following the seemingly all of echo four wins mark in a single season before the prediction, expectation was that between too young if you do not Bullshit or where the talent of this team. You do not have to get some pretty big hole there is no four wins prediction on the roster.

What kind of whining and crying, now, to look at the fact that almost all of what a single loss has been doing 3 loss that we have had have been by a total of 15 points, I We as an indicator of how close, the look has been if we had, that absolutely is wonder ... a 6-0 win Peter pole position in the race for coach of the year. If he was 5-1, probably also true.

However, for people who carry a rake, to lead the coach of this year's race, the difference of being a disaster is a thin razor.

Coach I Petersen that it is possible to swear that you hear in a particular podcast before the season that there was a prediction, we thought it the fact that there is no way would have a record defeat him this year If not seen great path wins to 6 or 7 Despite the case wanted was, I was going to require a number of stretches. He is to do it, is moved to the goal post and along the path.

UW is, any chance to beat this weekend in Stanford, those that have been vocal this week, in beating the Stanford University team and the coaching staff points to a great job. Instead, they Boise, Cal, and Oregon or blew the previous season game, how you refers to some combination of show / Stanford how people (please refer to the loss in the northwest) It is not good enough to think.

It is a difference of opinion ...

The patience of matters exercise risk and time there is a time for consuming. I do not find a consistent big believer the envelope to chip Kelley School of push thinking in and you go for it at all times to myself. The one to expect that you are a close game, these types of several times of determination can be difference in winning or losing.

My personal opinion and judgment would was to punt in that situation. I understand that say completely mathematics.

A similar argument is as if Helfrich is what you after the first score, there is a possibility that it had about the decision to go for two after the TD. You, if you think you can be successful in such a situation with a clip of more than 50%, mathematics, will say that you need to go for consistently 2. Mathematics, just because you're saying and what to do, it does not mean that you need to do it.

I club in Las Vegas, tend to the opinion that sexual intercourse that they know what you are doing ...

They are to we had a 8, angry off the Arizona game ... UW was nailed for last year nine wins. Bottom line business is called unbiased expected year-on-year Petersen was -1.

They are, we will have already exceeded this year's expected this, you have three you are watching as Peter ... UW 4 wins, was nailed for this year.

Because you have Petersen did not get more from the team, now if you are angry, go for it. However, he will act as you are running the program on the ground like a disaster ... I Shi recommended to go on the day of that you have a coach like run Gilbey and Tyrone the program you back You. It disaster is as follows.

@ RoadDawg55

You cherry king, I have chosen that it says fit your story.

If you I why, but we said that this year, correct? If I also, everything broke right, I 9 ... we have said it is thought to have had the talent to be a year 7 or 8 winning team. I before most of the season begins, than what was willing to buy when I was crying in most TSIO shit, was one to say there was more talent in this team. Perhaps I've been this season of the details right than most.

12-1 as of last year, the same idea. There was the path to it. Realistic? Maybe ... it may not be the case.

As a stretch goal that I want to achieve is difficult, please do not set goals and expectations at a level that can be ... easy access to configure them.

panic after the definition of every single fucking loss of being doog, as if it is not already want to burn down the results as a program ... then I am so a lot of people around here I I think that it is guilty.

If the reason of the voice on the Husky fan podcast, I will if it was going to beHeretoBeatmyChest would have never believed it, I would have asked me 12 months ago.

Take a fucking walk, it takes to get a point of view ... you and some of your blowhards.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sounds like cfb blows this year, might as well not even play all the games. Really though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2015

But how is college football a fucking dreckfest?

image*

*not for cfb