Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would Tedford be a good hire as Offensive Coordinator?

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I would love to see Tedford as UW's OC.

Look at Cal's offensive performance the last three years of his tenure to see why I would absolutely fuckingly love him at UW.

The theory being is that he got burned out as a head coach. If you look at his Oregon offenses they were dynamic
    If you look at his first six years at Cal, yeah, his offenses were dynamic. Have you seen the size of his fucking playbook lately? Having to carry it around is probably what gave him heart trouble. I hear he's really lighting it up in the CFL, too.

Like I said, I would LOVE to see him at UW, just for the comedic effect here. It'd be like chasing some old flame from years gone by only to find that she got wrinkly and disgusting just like you did.
    Yes, people never change or learn from their mistakes.
    The Tedford for whom you pine doesn't exist anymore. But hey, don't listen to me. You Dawgs sure as hell didn't listen to me and other Cal people who counseled you to under no conditions give Gilby the keys to the program a dozen years ago. That worked out splendidly, I should think.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Look at Cal's offensive performance the last three years of his tenure to see why I would absolutely fuckingly love him at UW.

The theory being is that he got burned out as a head coach. If you look at his Oregon offenses they were dynamic
    If you look at his first six years at Cal, yeah, his offenses were dynamic. Have you seen the size of his fucking playbook lately? Having to carry it around is probably what gave him heart trouble. I hear he's really lighting it up in the CFL, too.

Like I said, I would LOVE to see him at UW, just for the comedic effect here. It'd be like chasing some old flame from years gone by only to find that she got wrinkly and disgusting just like you did.
    I'm trying to think of an analog where a moderately successful head coach flames out and then comes back to a lesser position and is successful.

Kiffin is one, but he's also about 15-20 years younger and has Bamas talent.
    A lot of d coords fail as HCs and then go back to what they're good at very successfully.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tom Cable.

Both as a retread HC who did ok afterward (this year notwithstanding) and as a possible OC next year if interested...
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    whlinder said:

Tom Cable.

Both as a retread HC who did ok afterward (this year notwithstanding) and as a possible OC next year if interested...

You think he'd take a college OC job at this point in his career? I don't.
  • Options
    If y'all are so hot to recreate some of that old Oregone magick, why not hire Joey Harrington? He was there too, and he's a lot less withered.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

That's a fact.

Just like at the idiots on this bored who keeping thinking this time it will be different.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2015

whlinder said:

Tom Cable.

You think he'd take a college OC job at this point in his career? I don't.
    I doubt it... I was mostly trolling... however if he got fired... you never know
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,409
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

The Tedford for whom you pine doesn't exist anymore. But hey, don't listen to me. You Dawgs sure as hell didn't listen to me and other Cal people who counseled you to under no conditions give Gilby the keys to the program a dozen years ago. That worked out splendidly, I should think.
    Down voted because I hated that hire before it was announced. That started the revolution.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have the best play caller in the nation available, and you guys want washed up Tedford?
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Down voted because I hated that hire before it was announced. That started the revolution.
    We agreed then, so why are you taking out your frustrations on my rating? My gawd, I thought we had something together.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm all for it. A guy with his experience is going to be 10x better than Smith at optimizing results from the players we have.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    ...of the Coney Island Tedfords?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

I'm trying to think of an analog where a moderately successful head coach flames out and then comes back to a lesser position and is successful. Kiffin is one, but he's also about 15-20 years younger and has Bamas talent.

My Bammer friends must have a different definition of "successful" than you.
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I would rather have Mike Leach then the current clowns running the UW football program. HC, OC, DC, AC.... I don't care
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho
  • Options

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho

He drove a healthy Cal program post-Snyder into the ground, but yeah, go with the Idaho story, 'cause, like, winning in a bumfuck backwoods shit league translates better than losing as an HC in the same fucking conference
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Gilby was 28-9 at Idaho

He drove a healthy Cal program post-Snyder into the ground, but yeah, go with the Idaho story, 'cause, like, winning in a bumfuck backwoods shit league translates better than losing as an HC in the same fucking conference
    Once again, we are talking about his role as a coordinator and not as a head coach. Are you really this dense? Race vouched for you, but I'm not seeing it. I know you've been around and I thought you were a solid poster.

Gilby won two Rose Bowls as the OC and a third as an integral part of the offensive strategist.