Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Softy on sark

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited October 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
"Feel bad for him. And hope he gets the help he needs."

Are you kidding me? The guy had millions of dollars, a house on Lake Washington, drove his boat to work, and still managed to screw up his life - not to mention the UW's football program.

Feel bad for him? I've watched 2 people close to me wither away from cancer. Sorry Softy, my sympathy is committed elsewhere.

Comments

• DontCallMeShirleyDontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    Every see someone wither away from liver cancer caused by alcoholism? Didn't think so.
    edited October 2015

I like to feel bad for people who make terrible life choices when they have been handed amazing oppertunities for no good reason. It is what I like to do.

I've seen many people fuck up great lives do to addiction. I've never taken joy in it and do feel pity on them. Sark is an arrogant prick, but I don't wish him dead or ruin. I reserve that for fags like Grinolds.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,090 Swaye's Wigwam

I like to feel bad for people who make terrible life choices when they have been handed amazing oppertunities for no good reason. It is what I like to do.

I said basically this on that post and someone felt bad for me and called me ignorant. I feel good now because someone feels bad for my lack of compassion for dumbshitism
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,471 Founders Club

Every see someone wither away from liver cancer caused by alcoholism? Didn't think so.

My dad
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

"Feel bad for him. And hope he gets the help he needs."

Are you kidding me? The guy had millions of dollars, a house on Lake Washington, drove his boat to work, and still managed to screw up his life - not to mention the UW's football program.

Feel bad for him? I've watched 2 people close to me wither away from cancer. Sorry Softy, my sympathy is committed elsewhere.

I said pretty much the same thing on another bored and was told I was a douchebag by USC fans.

People are fucking retarded.
    Tequilla said:

Anybody that has ever been around alcoholics know how debilitating it can be. For those with a problem AND are interested in help, I hope they get it. For those that are in denial and/or don't want help, I hope they find it someday and in the interim have no sympathy.

As for Softy, I don't have a ton of respect for guys in his position that saw things and swept them under the rug when they served his purposes and when it doesn't be a vocal critic.

Doing the right thing is a full time job and not when it is convenient

Before they go for help most need to hit Rock Bottom. This appears to be that.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

As for Softy, I don't have a ton of respect for guys in his position that saw things and swept them under the rug when they served his purposes and when it doesn't be a vocal critic.

This.

Ty was always a shitty coach. The fact that UW gave him an insane amount of money to be a shitty coach wasn't Ty's fault. It was those who enabled Ty.

Same with Sark.

Sark has been a drunk douche since before UW gave him a bunch of cash to be their head coach.

The question now becomes who enabled Sark while he was here. This needs to be answered.
    I was going to say the same thing ... will be interesting to see what exactly comes out from his UW time period. And let's be honest, the things we know about are just a fraction of what happens behind closed doors. Questions of Woody need to be asked and it can easily argue that it is time for a fresh set of eyes as the AD
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This.

Ty was always a shitty coach. The fact that UW gave him an insane amount of money to be a shitty coach wasn't Ty's fault. It was those who enabled Ty.

Same with Sark.

Sark has been a drunk douche since before UW gave him a bunch of cash to be their head coach.

The question now becomes who enabled Sark while he was here. This needs to be answered.
    I was going to say the same thing ... will be interesting to see what exactly comes out from his UW time period. And let's be honest, the things we know about are just a fraction of what happens behind closed doors. Questions of Woody need to be asked and it can easily argue that it is time for a fresh set of eyes as the AD
    Just goes to show how fucking valuable the AD thought this faggot was after @Owen12
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.

#TheSarkening is so powerful that Boobs didn't flag a KJR thread.

Is the world about to end?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

#TheSarkening is so powerful that Boobs didn't flag a KJR thread.

Is the world about to end?

It was a tweet.

HTH