Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

APAGderings

With 13 minutes left in the game Sark called a timeout. It was a standard sloppy Sark timeout. Completely wasted. I thought I'm not this lucky. Surely this won't matter. I didn't see when he used his second timeout. I was fast forwarding through parts of the fourth quarter because as Huky fan I've come to expect bad things to happen. I expect they'll lose. But I assume that second timeout was wasted as well. Because Sark. So I'm fast forwarding and I see 3rd and 6 for USC, I press play. Sack. Now it's 4th and long with less than 4 minutes left and I thought oh so this how it ends. Like so many Husky games in the last 10 years, they're gonna blow a coverage and give up a TD. And then I see this dude Sark trotting out the field goal unit with one timeout left, I smiled and for the first time I thought UW was actually going to win.

That game wasn't important because Sark lost. I'll always enjoy a Sark loss. But I've long passed the point of wanting to be right about Sark. I know I'm right about Sark and I've known for years. While some you were jumping on the bandwagon on your shitty podcast after the Nebraska Holiday Bowl I was busy not caring because I knew Sark was who I thought he was. No this game was important because Sark is a loser and Peterman needs to beat losers.

It doesn't mean Peterman is the guy. David Shaw just beat Sark and he stinks. But it's a good sign. It's a good start.

The defense is really impressive. Especially when considering how much talent they lost from last years team. We said Sark gets the blame for his bad defenses when he was here so Peterman gets the credit for this defense.

The offense gets an incomplete from me. I know a lot of you hate Jonathan Smith but a lot of you are idiots. A lot of you thought Cyler Myles was going to be good. Not just going to be good, you thought he was a sure thing. A lot of you thought Sark was going to win 10 games at USC every year. A lot of you think the SEC is bad and Pac-12 is good. A lot of you are idiots. It gets an incomplete from me because I'm not sure if any player on that offense is good. Besides Gaskin. He's really good. But that line isn't good. The receivers aren't good. Maybe the tight ends are ok? And I'm not sure if Browning is good. When I'm watching the offense it often feels like there are things they just can't do. And I don't know how much that's handcuffing Smith. I don't know if the player development isn't there or if there just wasn't anything to work with. I don't know if the play calls and scheme are bad or if the play calls and scheme are being held back because they don't have the players to run it. I don't know when reasons why the offense isn't working become excuses for why the offense isn't working.

They seem committed to the run in a way that Sark never was or will be. Maybe they don't run it enough for some of you. But some of you were complaining about a game last year where UW ran the ball like 50 times about how they didn't run enough. Again, idiots.

I had a hearty chuckle when the broadcasters were praising Sark for recruiting Washington defenders.

I watched the game on dvr. I sent a friend a text telling him to just text me and let me know if it was a brutal loss. On that 3rd and 6th sequence I mentioned I was already typing out a text about how he was an asshole for not telling me they lost that way. Battered wife.

Matthew Hasselbeck is one of only 3 players from the 1998 draft still playing in the NFL...I totally came up with that on my own and wasn't the trivia question for that game...It's great to have the best sport in the world back...Tip off for the season is late October...tick...tick...tick

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

With 13 minutes left in the game Sark called a timeout. It was a standard sloppy Sark timeout. Completely wasted. I thought I'm not this lucky. Surely this won't matter. I didn't see when he used his second timeout. I was fast forwarding through parts of the fourth quarter because as Huky fan I've come to expect bad things to happen. I expect they'll lose. But I assume that second timeout was wasted as well. Because Sark. So I'm fast forwarding and I see 3rd and 6 for USC, I press play. Sack. Now it's 4th and long with less than 4 minutes left and I thought oh so this how it ends. Like so many Husky games in the last 10 years, they're gonna blow a coverage and give up a TD. And then I see this dude Sark trotting out the field goal unit with one timeout left, I smiled and for the first time I thought UW was actually going to win.

That game wasn't important because Sark lost. I'll always enjoy a Sark loss. But I've long passed the point of wanting to be right about Sark. I know I'm right about Sark and I've known for years. While some you were jumping on the bandwagon on your shitty podcast after the Nebraska Holiday Bowl I was busy not caring because I knew Sark was who I thought he was. No this game was important because Sark is a loser and Peterman needs to beat losers.

It doesn't mean Peterman is the guy. David Shaw just beat Sark and he stinks. But it's a good sign. It's a good start.

The defense is really impressive. Especially when considering how much talent they lost from last years team. We said Sark gets the blame for his bad defenses when he was here so Peterman gets the credit for this defense.

The offense gets an incomplete from me. I know a lot of you hate Jonathan Smith but a lot of you are idiots. A lot of you thought Cyler Myles was going to be good. Not just going to be good, you thought he was a sure thing. A lot of you thought Sark was going to win 10 games at USC every year. A lot of you think the SEC is bad and Pac-12 is good. A lot of you are idiots. It gets an incomplete from me because I'm not sure if any player on that offense is good. Besides Gaskin. He's really good. But that line isn't good. The receivers aren't good. Maybe the tight ends are ok? And I'm not sure if Browning is good. When I'm watching the offense it often feels like there are things they just can't do. And I don't know how much that's handcuffing Smith. I don't know if the player development isn't there or if there just wasn't anything to work with. I don't know if the play calls and scheme are bad or if the play calls and scheme are being held back because they don't have the players to run it. I don't know when reasons why the offense isn't working become excuses for why the offense isn't working.

They seem committed to the run in a way that Sark never was or will be. Maybe they don't run it enough for some of you. But some of you were complaining about a game last year where UW ran the ball like 50 times about how they didn't run enough. Again, idiots.

I had a hearty chuckle when the broadcasters were praising Sark for recruiting Washington defenders.

I watched the game on dvr. I sent a friend a text telling him to just text me and let me know if it was a brutal loss. On that 3rd and 6th sequence I mentioned I was already typing out a text about how he was an asshole for not telling me they lost that way. Battered wife.

Matthew Hasselbeck is one of only 3 players from the 1998 draft still playing in the NFL...I totally came up with that on my own and wasn't the trivia question for that game...It's great to have the best sport in the world back...Tip off for the season is late October...tick...tick...tick

Great read as always!
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    Thanks for poasting. We're just lucky you even post here at all, good luck with your health issues!
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    edited October 2015

pawz said:

When akim got run and WE gave up a TD I was preparing my losers lose speech.

Proud of our kids last night. Tuff liberals who smashed the Trojans face in

Sark is better than Peterson.
    Cutting edge motivational technique. Your welcome
    Exactly why I refuse to call this defense good.

That, and I'm not a believer yet.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Front. Page. Belongs.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

This is why I pay my $10.95 a month.

Cutting edge!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club
    I came when you called us all idiots. I came like 4 times. It was fucking awesome.