Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MLB playoff preview

Blue Jays over the Royals in the AL

Cardinals over the Dodgers in the NL

I like #MyJays in the Series.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club

I like #MyJays in the Series.

FREE PUB!!!!!!!!!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I like the Rangers. #hitequilla
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited October 2015
    I know the Pirates shouldn't bitch because they had a chance to win the division and blew it, but the MLB should consider restructuring the playoffs so the worst two records regardless of division standing needs to play in the one game playoff. The Pirates and Cubs should be playing each other in a 7 game series, not a one game playoff. The Mets and Dodgers should be playing each other and that winner taking on the Cardinals.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I've been on the pirates bandwagon for a couple of season, but I think they lose to Arrieta tonight unfortunately.
    I'll go Jays over the Dodgers in the WS. The Jays with Price, Stroman and that offense are borderline unbeatable over a 15 game stretch. But it's a short series so anything can happen.
    I do like the teams that are in the playoffs, new blood and not the same old shit that we see year after year
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Winner of tonight's game beats the Cardinals

Kershaw and Greinke are too much for the Mets.

The NLCS will be great theatre with tremendous pitching.

I like the Royals and Jays to get out of the first round setting up a tremendous, and bitter, ALCS.

If we get the above 2 matchups, there will be a lot of must watch baseball for the first time in a while.

I agree that there's a lot to like with the Jays between their offense, Price, and in particular getting Stroman back was huge. He may actually be better than Price. The pen is definitely a concern though.

I'll take the NL to win the World Series this year and think that it will be the winner of tonight's game which is way too close to call in my mind.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,936 Founders Club
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    edited October 2015
    Tequilla said:

I like the Royals and Jays to get out of the first round setting up a tremendous, and bitter, ALCS.

If we get the above 2 matchups, there will be a lot of must watch baseball for the first time in a while.

I agree that there's a lot to like with the Jays between their offense, Price, and in particular getting Stroman back was huge. He may actually be better than Price. The pen is definitely a concern though.

I'll take the NL to win the World Series this year and think that it will be the winner of tonight's game which is way too close to call in my mind.

The Cubs aren't beating the Cardinals withouth Arrieta pitching game one. No fucking way.

You must be unaware of playoff Kershaw. He is the Peyton Manning of pitchers. He will win 1 Rog eventually but it won't be this year.
    edited October 2015
    I do agree that the Royals and Jays will be a tremendous series.

The Blue Jays decided they wanted to win the World Series at the trade deadline when they literally sold the farm for Price and Tulowitzki.
    I just want the Cubs to win so Back to the Future can say they were right.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I'm excited to see this Pittsburgh team, they're rested and ready, and I think they can really do something here in the playoffs.

Tequilla said:

The Cubs aren't beating the Cardinals withouth Arrieta pitching game one. No fucking way.

You must be unaware of playoff Kershaw. He is the Peyton Manning of pitchers. He will win 1 Rog eventually but it won't be this year.
    on paper they shouldn't, but this is a short series in baseball so anything can happen. See: MLB playoffs 2014.
    kershaw will choke though, that is a given. Just don't think it will come against the mets
    Do remember though before you completely discount the rest of the cubs rotation. Lester was consistently great in big games even when he was good not great in boston. He could easily catch fire again. Not to mention he beat the cards twice in the WS 2 years ago
    How are the Blue Jays looking?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    PurpleJ said:

How are the Such Fag Jays looking?

PurpleJ said:

Terrible. Good thing I'm a huge Rangers fan and had them winning the series rather easily say 3-1?
    I thought it was implied...
    edited October 2015
    PurpleJ said:

pretty good. If not for that bullshit replay call the series might be over
    I like my Cubbies this year.