Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

one Alabama fan is already calling for head coach Nick Saban to step down

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bump. Just don't blow it Florida.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

So you're going to crow about one undefeated SEC team beating another undefeated SEC team?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So you're going to crow about one undefeated SEC team beating another undefeated SEC team?
    Christ. Teams that are actually good are never down 25-0 at halftime to anyone.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nick should have retired with dignity after that loss, just like Spurrier should have last week after losing at home to Kentucky.

Mississippi is really good. They have three WRs that will go in the frist two rounds of the NFL draft. It was hilarious watching #5 at corner get destroyed play after play.

On top of that, they have the #1 recruit in the nation at D-line and he was completely unblockable. Based on what I've seen so far, I think Ole Miss and LSU are the two best teams in the country. Yes, I think they're better than Ohio St., TCU, and Michigan St.
    Look at all the awesomes. Are we done here, Boobie?
  • Options

Christ. Teams that are actually good are never down 25-0 at halftime to anyone.
    Agree. No one is good this year.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Ole Miss would kick the shit out of UW and every other Pac12 team this year.

BUMP
  • Options

BUMP
    That might still be true.

HTH
  • Options
    Founders Club

BUMP
    That might still be true.

HTH
    That's a stretch.
  • Options

The Ole Miss dick sucking proves how much control ESPN and the media have over you. Ole Miss is no different from UCLA, USC, or Stanford. They are all pretty good teams with average coaches. Average coaches win some games but almost always blow it. Don't ever bet on an average coach. That's my Iron Law.

I agree with all of this, except Ole Miss has better talent and perhaps a worse coach than those three teams.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Ole Miss dick sucking proves how much control ESPN and the media have over you. Ole Miss is no different from UCLA, USC, or Stanford. They are all pretty good teams with average coaches. Average coaches win some games but almost always blow it. Don't ever bet on an average coach. That's my Iron Law.

I agree with all of this, except Ole Miss has better talent and perhaps a worse coach than those three teams.
    Agree. Shaw, Mora, Sark, Freeze.
  • Options

Agree. Shaw, Mora, Sark, Freeze.
    CHRIST. I'd put them in exactly the same order.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

You guys are overrating the teams in the SEC. Ole Miss is still Ole Miss.

I think you're getting carried away now to make a poont. Don't be Auburndawg. 'Ole Miss is Ole Miss' is saying that the current iteration of Ole Miss is dreck, because Ole Miss is usually dreck or just as smidge above it.

This Ole Miss team is far from dreck. I agree with everyone else; they'd kick the crap out of any team in the Pac right now, except that Oregon might catch them in a shoot out 2 out of 10 games (I'm still not convinced that there's a team out there who can hold Oregon to less than 21).

What I do disagree with is the idea that any of them is better than Ohio State. Urban went down there and beat up Alabama. They are starting a little slow, but in a big game where both teams are focused and prepared, I'll take the Bucks right now over any fucking body in the cuntry.

Talent + Brilliant Coaching + Attitude = Can't Lose Bucks have all 3. Cook it!
    Ole Miss is coached by Hugh Freeze. They were #1 at one point last year. The same poasters acted like Ole Miss was great last year too. They even poo poo'd getting plungered by Arkansas, who was the best 7-6 team of all time.

They are a talented team with a shitty coach. They aren't much different than 3 or 4 PAC 12 teams.
    If Treadwell doesn't dislocate his ankle at the goal line last year, they may have made the CFB playoff
    And if Dennis Dixon doesn't tear his ACL the Ducks win a natty.
    And if Stanback doesn't get hurt, Ty Willingham is our coach.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Roadie has fully joined Puppy and myself on the SEC call-out bandwagon. I'm proud.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Disagree. Ole Miss has a >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> win than any of those teams does.

They deserved their high ranking. And they deserve the tumble they're about to take.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Disagree. Ole Miss has a >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> win than any of those teams does.

They deserved their high ranking. And they deserve the tumble they're about to take.
    I'm talking about the board. Not the dumbass national media.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,914
    Founders Club
    Well let's see here... Don James blew games almost every year he went to the Rose Bowl. The '77 team lost to lowly Syracuse and Minnesota. The 1980 team lost at home to Oregon 34-10 and to lowly Navy. The '81 team lost 31-0 to UCLA. The great 1990 team lost at home to a shitty UCLA team.

It happens. I love Mora and always will. This would have been a fun era of Husky Football since December 2007 if Emmert wasn't such a fucking coward and fired Tyler and hired Mora.

So now we better hope Petersen has some humility and common sense, because Woodward isn't going to win the coaching lottery twice.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Road is playing the long game. The odds favor him being able to bump this thread if/when Ole Miss shits the bed like last year.

but this isn't last year's Ole Miss

BUMP.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Well let's see here... Don James blew games almost every year he went to the Rose Bowl. The '77 team lost to lowly Syracuse and Minnesota. The 1980 team lost at home to Oregon 34-10 and to lowly Navy. The '81 team lost 31-0 to UCLA. The great 1990 team lost at home to a shitty UCLA team.

It happens. I love Mora and always will. This would have been a fun era of Husky Football since December 2007 if Emmert wasn't such a fucking coward and fired Tyler and hired Mora.

So now we better hope Petersen has some humility and common sense, because Woodward isn't going to win the coaching lottery twice.

So your still going with the whole Mora thing...

Christ almighty. He's one of the biggest frauds going.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,914
    Founders Club

So your still going with the whole Mora thing...

Christ almighty. He's one of the biggest frauds going.
    *you're