Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The excitement of Petersen has diminished significantly.

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2015
    Agreed. Sarkisian invariably won his home games while being strongly favored against a less talented opponent (but then he'd go on the road and lose to WSU or Oregon State).

...and if we somehow find a way to beat USC, the dooging will go right back through the roof and Petersen will be the guy again.

I will take Pipe Dreams for $500, Alex.
  • Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm not really sure where all of this pessimism is coming from...maybe I'm the worst doog in the world but he literally has nothing to work with on O. This is not the usual youth excuse: A true frosh QB that looks too young for Sandusky and a line that might not be the best in the WIAA this year. Geez.

The D was already deep and has remained that way, and Kwat has been incredible. Pesky Pete wasn't hired to recruit, he was hired to develop, and 18 months in you guys are all panties in a bunch. LIFPO.

I'm going back to Dawgman unless you guys invite me to STAY.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'm not really sure where all of this pessimism is coming from...maybe I'm the worst doog in the world but he literally has nothing to work with on O. This is not the usual youth excuse: A true frosh QB that looks too young for Sandusky and a line that might not be the best in the WIAA this year. Geez.

The D was already deep and has remained that way, and Kwat has been incredible. Pesky Pete wasn't hired to recruit, he was hired to develop, and 18 months in you guys are all panties in a bunch. LIFPO.

If he has nothing to work with on offense after 18 months of development, he probably sucks.

Hope this helps.
  • Options

If he has nothing to work with on offense after 18 months of development, he probably sucks.

Hope this helps.
    Ossai's don't grow on trees, you know.
  • Options

Hope this helps.
    So we need to wait until 2019 to have a competent OL?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hope this helps.
    2023 will be special.
  • Options

Hope this helps.
    Nah, but I think the first real (Pac-12) game those guys have played is too soon. They should get better through the year, or else FYFMFE.
  • Options

droggins said:

I know. Water is wet. But listening to the pods was really depressing. I'm feeling depressed.

I see stubbornness getting in the way. The signs are there. The. hart is stubborn. The lack of change and progression on offense is stubborn. I think the stubbornness is making him delusional. He says the offense is progressing. But last week was the worst performance of his tenure as UW coach.

The pod talked about James when he made a change? When will that be for Petersen? What will it take? A boatrace? An assplunger? Will it be too late?

I hope the defense doesn't give up. They pass the eye test. They look more and more like a Husky Defense each week.. They are progressing each game. The defense at this point is acceptable. I did not expect the worst offense in the conference from Petersen.

The sizzle is gone.

Droggins welcome to HH, now t a ke your retarted giner back outta here. Dipshits like yourself epitomize the dawgman poster. You know zero what you speak spanky
    Off the meds Friday. Buckle up
  • Options
    edited October 2015

4 years of bad offense for Petersen. Time to open your eyes. It wasn't youth that made the coaches abandon the running game against Cal. It wasn't youth last year either.

Youth would likely prevent the offense from being really good. It isn't the reason they have been the worst in the PAC 12.
    This offense is the biggest shit sandwich since Willingham, I agree. Smith is playcalling shit that needs diverse skills from his OL, it's an all around circus shitshow. But look at that depth chart...it's full of true and RS frosh starting and/or that are almost as good as the SR talent today. I'm just sayin'. I've never seen anything like it on a roster.

We will literally losing nothing on offense. Zero. Nada. Not a single quality player. I might be dooging, but I'm excited for the future Renfro, McC, Moontlake Jake, and Gaskin and OL with more experience.

WR 8 Pettis, Dante SO 18 Renfro, Isaiah FR
    WR 4 Mickens, Jaydon SR/3 13 McClatcher, Chico FR
    WR 81 Lenius, Brayden SO 16 Hall, Marvin SR/3
    LT 72 Adams, Trey FR 73 Kirkland, Andrew SO
    LG 79 Shelton, Coleman SO 52 Eldrenkamp, Jake JR
    OC 65 Tufunga, Siosifa SR/3 67 Kneip, Michael JR
    RG 75 Sosebee, Jesse RS FR 60 Brostek, Shane JR
    RT 58 McGary, Kaleb RS FR 71 James, Matt RS FR
    TE 82 Perkins, Joshua SR/3 15 Daniels, Darrell JR
    QB 3 Browning, Jake FR 5 Lindquist, Jeff JR
    RB 12 Washington, Dwayne JR 9 Gaskin, Myles FR
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2015
    The thing I don't understand is the narrative that Petersen's offenses have been crap going on 4 years now (sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&sort=537&conference=I-A_all&year=2012)

2012: 53rd in scoring at BSU (with BSU's D ranking 6th in points allowed)

2013: 17th in scoring at BSU (Washington with the high powered brah was 19th and BSU's D slipped to 38th in scoring).

2014: 55th in scoring (while inheriting Miley Cyrus, his former team with all his players at BSU was 9th in scoring).

2015: 77th in scoring (while starting a true frosh and 7 underclassmen total on offense, his former team is 34th in scoring with 8 upperclassmen starting).

Look, I'm frustrated as well but some people are going a little overboard. With so many young players enduring a steep learning curve on offense, I believe the offense will get better especially since Browning has already flashed and and the unit that needs the most work (OL) is manned by the offense's best coach (Strausser).

Anyone who expected 8 wins is FS and even 7 wins was being optimistic. I expected 6 wins and a bowel game and with the team playing well in 2 of 3 facets of the game, the team is probably still on track. Now if we were starting older players (Lindquist, Eldrenkamp, Brostek, and Hall) and still 2-2 with the offense looking bad, I wouldn't have much hope since the offense would be starting 8 upperclassmen but Petersen decided to go with a true frosh at QB and he / Strausser had seen enough of the older OL so they went young on the OL too.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015
    I don't think you can judge Boises offense on a metric like total scoring. That metric will be dominated by points against shit teams. I believe it also includes all the defensive and ST TDs UW had last year.

FEI for CCP from 2010 to 2014 went: 17th, 23rd, 52nd, 49th, 98th
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015

4 years of bad offense for Petersen. Time to open your eyes. It wasn't youth that made the coaches abandon the running game against Cal. It wasn't youth last year either.

Youth would likely prevent the offense from being really good. It isn't the reason they have been the worst in the PAC 12.
    This offense is the biggest shit sandwich since Willingham, I agree. Smith is playcalling shit that needs diverse skills from his OL, it's an all around circus shitshow. But look at that depth chart...it's full of true and RS frosh starting and/or that are almost as good as the SR talent today. I'm just sayin'. I've never seen anything like it on a roster.

We will literally losing nothing on offense. Zero. Nada. Not a single quality player. I might be dooging, but I'm excited for the future Renfro, McC, Moontlake Jake, and Gaskin and OL with more experience.

WR 8 Pettis, Dante SO 18 Renfro, Isaiah FR
    WR 4 Mickens, Jaydon SR/3 13 McClatcher, Chico FR
    WR 81 Lenius, Brayden SO 16 Hall, Marvin SR/3
    LT 72 Adams, Trey FR 73 Kirkland, Andrew SO
    LG 79 Shelton, Coleman SO 52 Eldrenkamp, Jake JR
    OC 65 Tufunga, Siosifa SR/3 67 Kneip, Michael JR
    RG 75 Sosebee, Jesse RS FR 60 Brostek, Shane JR
    RT 58 McGary, Kaleb RS FR 71 James, Matt RS FR
    TE 82 Perkins, Joshua SR/3 15 Daniels, Darrell JR
    QB 3 Browning, Jake FR 5 Lindquist, Jeff JR
    RB 12 Washington, Dwayne JR 9 Gaskin, Myles FR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZchE4x7zlE

Disagree, That offense moved the rock against #10 Ohio State
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

godawgst said:

droggins said:

I know. Water is wet. But listening to the pods was really depressing. I'm feeling depressed.

I see stubbornness getting in the way. The signs are there. The Chart is stubborn. The lack of change and progression on offense is stubborn. I think the stubbornness is making him delusional. He says the offense is progressing. But last week was the worst performance of his tenure as UW coach.

The pod talked about James when he made a change? When will that be for Petersen? What will it take? A boatrace? An assplunger? Will it be too late?

I hope the defense doesn't give up. They pass the eye test. They look more and more like a Husky Defense each week.. They are progressing each game. The defense at this point is acceptable. I did not expect the worst offense in the conference from Petersen.

The sizzle is gone.

This is the best looking defense we've had here in almost TWENTY YEARS. Tough up front, linebackers (at least the two sophomores) flow to ball, hit hard, and stop ballcarriers at point of contact. Corners who can cover one vs one and be left on the island.

This will all come down to his ability to get the offense to be above average. It doesn't have to be lights out with what we have on defense, but it has to be upper 1/2 of conference.
    Way too much wooching for my tastes...
    I didn't realize it was already psalm Sunday?
    FML.

I actually lol'ed at @Tequilla's joke.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Czar Johnson: can you impose a Twitter like character limit? I'm finding it exceedingly difficult to follow multiple paragraph jibberish
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

The thing I don't understand is the narrative that Petersen's offenses have been crap going on 4 years now (sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&sort=537&conference=I-A_all&year=2012)

2012: 53rd in scoring at BSU (with BSU's D ranking 6th in points allowed)

2013: 17th in scoring at BSU (Washington with the high powered brah was 19th and BSU's D slipped to 38th in scoring).

2014: 55th in scoring (while inheriting Miley Cyrus, his former team with all his players at BSU was 9th in scoring).

2015: 77th in scoring (while starting a true frosh and 7 underclassmen total on offense, his former team is 34th in scoring with 8 upperclassmen starting).

Look, I'm frustrated as well but some people are going a little overboard. With so many young players enduring a steep learning curve on offense, I believe the offense will get better especially since Browning has already flashed and and the unit that needs the most work (OL) is manned by the offense's best coach (Strausser).

Anyone who expected 8 wins is FS and even 7 wins was being optimistic. I expected 6 wins and a bowel game and with the team playing well in 2 of 3 facets of the game, the team is probably still on track. Now if we were starting older players (Lindquist, Eldrenkamp, Brostek, and Hall) and still 2-2 with the offense looking bad, I wouldn't have much hope since the offense would be starting 8 upperclassmen but Petersen decided to go with a true frosh at QB and he / Strausser had seen enough of the older OL so they went young on the OL too.

This Summer I went back and watched the 2013 game against UW. They were borderline loaded (multiple NFL players and a senior QB) and scored 6 points.