Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A quick thought about Scott Woodward and the Sark years at UW

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,258
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited September 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
I was just listening to the most recent (and highly entertaining) episode of the Husky Fan Podcast. And while they were talking about the current situation at USC with Sark, I started thinking about Sark's time up here at Washington.

Back during Willingham's last season in 2008, Woodward and Emmert claimed that they didn't want to fire Willingham during the season because it would "orphan" the players in the program. The players, said Woodward, were the primary focus for the UW athletic department.

Thinking back to the 5 subsequent years that Sark was at Washington, there were numerous times that Woodward had to talk to him about his drinking and other activities. About being a poor example for the Husky players, etc.

And yet Woodward allowed Sark's tenure to go five fucking years. If Woodward truly cared first and foremost about the kids in the program, then why didn't he pull the plug on that drunk slob after the second season?

No, Woodward let it stretch to five long years. And were it not for Sark's wandering eye toward USC, there is nothing to say that Sark wouldn't still be here right now in his 7th fucking season.

Fuck.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Back during Willingham's last season in 2008, Woodward and Emmert claimed that they didn't want to fire Willingham during the season because it would "orphan" the players in the program. The players, said Woodward, were the primary focus for the UW athletic department.

But how are Woodward a bad AD and Emmert a bad president?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stop plagiarize my shit fucko
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

*plagiarism
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Meek said:

*plagiarism
    *You fucking try to type shit into this message bored on an iPhone...until the Vanillatards fix that feature, I'll assume my butler cabin investment is gone - no warning, just gone.
    You sound hurt and angry.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogs still think Woodward built the new Husky Stadium and is 2-0 in coaching hires.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,008
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You misspelled "but how are Woodward & Emmert 2 flaming liberal fags ($75k)? NTTAWWT.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    "But how is Pool Boy a pool boi?" - @RaceBannon
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Doogs still think Woodward built the new Husky Stadium and is 2-0 in coaching hires.
    Quite honestly, Sark built husky stadium.

HTH
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    2001400ex said:

Quite honestly, Sark built husky stadium.

HTH
    http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/1641/house-that-sark-built
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Meek said:

Meek said:

*plagiarism
    *You fucking try to type shit into this message bored on an iPhone...until the Vanillatards fix that feature, I'll assume my butler cabin investment is gone - no warning, just gone.
    I was using hyperbole to try to be funny in a George Costanza is upset kind of way...re-reading my post I see that was not the case.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

*plagiarism
    I was using hyperbole to try to be funny in a George Costanza is upset kind of way...re-reading my post I see that was not the case.
    Great self-awareness, as always.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

That's very true. I hate the grandstanding about the kids. Call me a doog, but I actually buy (a little) into Chris Petersen GAF about their lives. Maybe that'll flow uphill.

The worst taste of Sark I have in my mouth (I have some things in common with Joey's waitresses) is how that fucker kept mentioning himself in the same breath with Don James (I want to be the next Don James!) and his bullshit antics at the Don James memorial.

Actually I think some of the best coaches do GAF about the players off the field and try to set an example. Both Don James and Tom Osborne for example said they remained college coaches because they could impact kids off the field. The coaches who are about football and winning only are far more likely to go to the NFL. The great ones who remain in college clearly do so because they like molding kids or whatever.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

That's very true. I hate the grandstanding about the kids. Call me a doog, but I actually buy (a little) into Chris Petersen GAF about their lives. Maybe that'll flow uphill.

The worst taste of Sark I have in my mouth (I have some things in common with Joey's waitresses) is how that fucker kept mentioning himself in the same breath with Don James (I want to be the next Don James!) and his bullshit antics at the Don James memorial.

Actually I think some of the best coaches do GAF about the players off the field and try to set an example. Both Don James and Tom Osborne for example said they remained college coaches because they could impact kids off the field. The coaches who are about football and winning only are far more likely to go to the NFL. The great ones who remain in college clearly do so because they like molding kids or whatever.
    Lawrence Phillips isn't too sure what life lessons he got from Coach Osborne.

But still, you're probably right. Lead a horse to water, etc etc
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Lawrence Phillips isn't too sure what life lessons he got from Coach Osborne.

But still, you're probably right. Lead a horse to water, etc etc
    Reggie Rogers too. Some guys are just fucked and theres little you can do.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You misspelled "but how are Woodward & Emmert 2 flaming liberal fags ($150k)? NTTAWWT.