Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rashard Lawrence (2016, Top 5 national DT, Louisiana)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

This would be the most unexpected signing of all time. Probably using the official as an excuse to see his family in the area for free.

Still, it's FREE PUB
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Who has been showing the most interest lately?

Washington. They are far out but they are showing me a lot of love. I talk to them all the time. LSU is right down the street. Ohio State. A lot of people don't know that Ohio State is recruiting me real hard. All of them really are coming hard though.

What is it about those West Coast schools that have your attention?

It's just something to look at. Why not? I have to explore my options. I have family in Portland, Oregon so it's not like I don't know anybody. I just want to see it all and see something different.
    Washington (4-1)

Lawrence visited Washington days after The Opening and enjoyed his time there. The good news about the Huskies is that they are the ones showing the most interest, Lawrence told Lopez. The interest is making Lawrence overlook the fact that the school is so far from home.

"They are far out, but they are showing me a lot of love. I talk to them all the time," said Lawrence, who would be the top-ranked player in Washington's 2016 class if he committed. Washington has 12 commits and is in need of a defensive tackle pledge.

Lawrence is being recruited to Washington by defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I want this kid to commit to Washington just so DDY is proven wrong.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

"I just want to see it all and see something different."

The writing is on the wall. It doesn't hurt to try, but a kid from Louisiana isn't turning down the home town school or real title contenders for a middle tier team with nothing except hope of turning into a contender.

I get where you're coming from ...

And I get that we're not national title contenders right now ...

But is it THAT hard to see a scenario where in the next 2-3 years that we're not a national title contender?

I want to see how this season plays out. I want to see if the defense can be as good as I think that they can be. I want to see how much Browning progresses between now and the end of the year.

I'm actually very interested in this Saturday's game and the game against Cal. I'm really starting to feel very bullish and doogish about this team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

"I just want to see it all and see something different."

The writing is on the wall. It doesn't hurt to try, but a kid from Louisiana isn't turning down the home town school or real title contenders for a middle tier team with nothing except hope of turning into a contender.

I get where you're coming from ...

And I get that we're not national title contenders right now ...

But is it THAT hard to see a scenario where in the next 2-3 years that we're not a national title contender?

I want to see how this season plays out. I want to see if the defense can be as good as I think that they can be. I want to see how much Browning progresses between now and the end of the year.

I'm actually very interested in this Saturday's game and the game against Cal. I'm really starting to feel very bullish and doogish about this team.
    It's more unlikely that we aren't contending than we are. I think we are moving in the right direction, but contending for titles is something completely different. Nobody but Husky fans believe contending is imminent. And of course you are bullish and doogish about this team.
  • Options
    I guess my point is that I like us to be in a position of being at worst in the Stanford role of competing with Oregon in the North within 2-3 years max. Win the North and you have a good chance to win the PAC. Win the PAC and you are most likely in the Top 4 at selection time.

There have been plenty of other programs that have come from comparable positions in the last 5-10 years to get into the national discussion. I realize many have PTSD from all of the false hopes that have crushed in the past.

But to use an often quoted and now cliché phrase, why not us?
  • Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    The North is likely reshuffling because both Oregon and Stanford lost better HCs and we upgraded but we are still a couple years behind the Zeros but I believe we will surpass Stanford and close the gap on Oregon very soon. I'm still very bullish on Coach Pete but if the O doesn't show improvent similar to the D from last year as the season progresses I will be worried he doesn't can Smith after the year unless we see major improvment. If Peterman can't turn us around...I don't even want to process failure.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

I guess my point is that I like us to be in a position of being at worst in the Stanford role of competing with Oregon in the North within 2-3 years max. Win the North and you have a good chance to win the PAC. Win the PAC and you are most likely in the Top 4 at selection time.

There have been plenty of other programs that have come from comparable positions in the last 5-10 years to get into the national discussion. I realize many have PTSD from all of the false hopes that have crushed in the past.

But to use an often quoted and now cliché phrase, why not us?

A simple answer to your question:

Husky Football is dead and buried forever under the manboobs of its former coach.

free Harv
  • Options
    Past performance is not indicative of future success
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'll be watching the Stanford / USC game closely to see if we have a reasonable chance of taking one from them down there.

Stanford's OL has declined from 2013 to 2014 and then again to this year plus their WRs corp misses Ty Montgomery. Their true frosh Bryce Love is dangerous though.

Looks like Vegas is projecting a 31-20 USC victory...they last played USC in 2013 and lost 20-17 @ USC then (doesn't matter too much but still interesting).

So IMHO, we finally pass Stanford in the next year or two while I don't think we challenge Oregon consistently until next year at the earliest and probably 2017 when we get them back @ Husky Stadium when Browning is a Junior.

• Options
    I want to see the growth in our offense over the next 2-3 games. If the offense can get to the 30 point range (huge stretch), then I think this is a year where we can hold the Oregon offense to the 20s or low 30s. I'm not ready to write this year off yet in that regards. Particularly depending on what happens with a few of the games leading up to that game with Oregon having a very physical game against Utah on the docket.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I'll be watching the Stanford / USC game closely to see if we have a reasonable chance of taking one from them down there.

Stanford's OL has declined from 2013 to 2014 and then again to this year plus their WRs corp misses Ty Montgomery. Their true frosh Bryce Love is dangerous though.

Looks like Vegas is projecting a 31-20 USC victory...they last played USC in 2013 and lost 20-17 @ USC then (doesn't matter too much but still interesting).

So IMHO, we finally pass Stanford in the next year or two while I don't think we challenge Oregon consistently until next year at the earliest and probably 2017 when we get them back @ Husky Stadium when Browning is a Junior.

We should have a chance against Stanford. It will probably be a really ugly, low scoring game. Both teams have worthless offenses and good defenses.

SC is breaking out the plunger on us.
  • Options

HFNY said:

We should have a chance against Stanford. It will probably be a really ugly, low scoring game. Both teams have worthless offenses and good defenses.

Cal should be a decent measuring stick game for us.

I really do think that we have a chance to have a Top 3 in the conference defense this year. If we do, I'd be very surprised if we have the plunger broken out on us this year ... and if we do no more than once. Agree though that SC would be a potential likely spot for that to occur.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

HFNY said:

The SC plunger is script sadly, especially with Sark on a Thursday night. If he's still around next year though the script flips.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

The SC plunger is script sadly, especially with Sark on a Thursday night. If he's still around next year though the script flips.
    Couldn't have said it better, Coke.

SC is plunger worthy. Hate the matchup and Cutty will be ready. Lose by 14+.

The Furd is an ugly, but winnable game if the offense can score a TD or two. The UW defense matches up well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

HFNY said:

Couldn't have said it better, Coke.

SC is plunger worthy. Hate the matchup and Cutty will be ready. Lose by 14+.

The Furd is an ugly, but winnable game if the offense can score a TD or two. The UW defense matches up well.
    We might have jumped the gun on the SC game. It's still going to be tough to get a win.