Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting stat on Kevin Smith

The 4-star WR who is now a senior has played great so far this year. But the interesting stat is that he has ZERO career receiving touchdowns. He's too fast and talented for that to happen.

Let's rewind to 2010. You had Kearse, Aguilar, Goodwin, Johnson, and Bruns. Why the fuck did Sark burn Smith's redshirt that year? He had I think one catch which was in garbage time against Syracuse.

I would have love to have seen Smith get another year with us. Hopefully this week he can finally get his first career receiving touchdown.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Yup. After the Illinois game I said to myself "man I am glad we only have Kevin Smith for this season"
  • Sark also hasn't learned ANYTHING from that mistake as he has burned Stringfellow's RS this year despite him being what? Our 5th or 6th WR? I also heard he might burn Daniels RS as well.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    Smith was key on special teams as a freshman. Oh wait, no he wasn't. FS
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212

Sark also hasn't learned ANYTHING from that mistake as he has burned Stringfellow's RS this year despite him being what? Our 5th or 6th WR? I also heard he might burn Daniels RS as well.

Both are burnt I believe... Daniels is on ST
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited September 2013
    For 1, Daniels has already make a good impact on S/T. He is always one of the first ones down the field and is definitely not afraid of contact. And I hope they actually move the kid to S.

In this offense, it is not always about the catches for the WR (see Oregon). When Mickens had his big game vs. Boise St, it was String blocking on several of those bubble screens.

I almost through my remote at my PLASMA when we had Mickens blocking for Kasen on one of those plays and it got blew up. Those plays are effective when you get your big guys blocking for the Mickens/Ross types.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam

Interesting.

If Smith gets a td, it will be interesting. If not, it will be interesting.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
    Smith isn't the only one to waste a red shirt under Sark. His piss poor timing of playing freshmen is only passed his piss poor timing of calling for low percentage pass plays.

See Bishop Sankey returning a kick vs. Nebraska
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

For 1, Daniels has already make a good impact on S/T. He is always one of the first ones down the field and is definitely not afraid of contact. And I hope they actually move the kid to S.

In this offense, it is not always about the catches for the WR (see Oregon). When Mickens had his big game vs. Boise St, it was String blocking on several of those bubble screens.

I almost through my remote at my PLASMA when we had Mickens blocking for Kasen on one of those plays and it got blew up. Those plays are effective when you get your big guys blocking for the Mickens/Ross types.

None of the other WRs know how to block?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299
    Lets chill the fuck out, he got a rushing TD against colorado in 2011, critical TD, he won us that game john ross style.

I'm cool with you bashing Sark, but if you're going to bash his over recruitment and underutilization (abundance) of WRs I'M THE FUCK OUT
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Smith isn't the only one to waste a red shirt under Sark. His piss poor timing of playing freshmen is only passed his piss poor timing of calling for low percentage pass plays.

Sankey's one after this year anyway. With the shelf life of running backs if you have a good one you have to play them right away. No issues with that redshirt being burnt. No chance Sankey would be playing for UW in 2015.

• IrishDawgFS, Kasen and Campbell are good blockers along with Smith.

Great passive aggressive defense of Sark as always.
  • dnc said:

Sankey's one after this year anyway. With the shelf life of running backs if you have a good one you have to play them right away. No issues with that redshirt being burnt. No chance Sankey would be playing for UW in 2015.

Don't have an issue with Sankey either. He's blown a lot of true frosh RS for stupid reasons.

Smith just really stands out cause he's finally living up to his potential and he's gone after this year.
    dnc said:

My comment on Sankey wasn't only about burning his RS but about putting a true freshman back to return a kickoff on the road against a top 25 opponent.

IrishDawgFS, Kasen and Campbell are good blockers along with Smith.

What about Polk???
  • dnc said:

My comment on Sankey wasn't only about burning his RS but about putting a true freshman back to return a kickoff on the road against a top 25 opponent.
    First time ever touching the ball is in that environment. Sark is such a fucking moron.
  • IrishDawgFS, Kasen and Campbell are good blockers along with Smith.

What about Polk???
    Pretty good RB. We talking bout this roster. Try to keep up.

IrishDawgFS, Kasen and Campbell are good blockers along with Smith.

What about Polk???
    Pretty good RB. We talking bout this roster. Try to keep up.
    We are talking about WR blocking and your favorite 5* recruit.

I would say try and keep up, but that ain't happening.