Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dwayne Washington

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,617 Standard Supporter
    Wood hit both.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2015

81% of the time.

Mommy looks like could be hotter than daughter
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    At Monday's press conference Petersen said that Washington broke a couple tackles when he caught the pass on the final drive. "But otherwise we didn't see too much of that."
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2015
    He has value, just not the way he's being used. I can see him being a very productive NFL 3rd down back. The guy can catch the rock. converted receiver if I recall. He's 6'2 over 230lbs, and runs a 4.4. He can run a draw play, and best thing is he can pass protect. Get this guy the rock on 3rd downs let him make his occasional great play. Let Gaskin and Cooper carry the load as your every down backs. Let Coleman transfer his ass to Montana.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2015
    Seriously: if D Wash is the guy, (not saying he is. Don't twist) they need to plan on running him at least 25 times per game. Most of the time its between -1 to 3 yes but if given the carries he always seems to rip off two long ones (not farts). One a you # guys should poast the digits for the bored's review.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    If Smith and Peterman aren't willing to do that, play someone else.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    He's a converted receiver because he could not catch the rock. He has zero instincts with the ball in his hands, and his pass protect resulted in one of the two sacks on Browning. And he likes to put the ball on the ground.

If the OL opens a gaping hole and he's headed toward it, he's hell on wheels. Otherwise, I hope we have better alternatives.
    HuskyInAZ said:

He's a converted receiver because he could not catch the rock. He has zero instincts with the ball in his hands, and his pass protect resulted in one of the two sacks on Browning. And he likes to put the ball on the ground.

If the OL opens a gaping hole and he's headed toward it, he's hell on wheels. Otherwise, I hope we have better alternatives.

If there is one thing he did last game, he caught the rock, I'm sure he's better than 81% of the other running backs at this. Used correctly I would bet he can be productive. But that's the key, using him correctly. He's a could be a serious mismatch on 3rd down as holes tend to open up on passing downs. Blocking, make him work on it in practice, if he doesn't get it bench his ass for the season.
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    Outside of third down the best thing Washington has going forward is he is one year closer to exhausting his eligibility. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice three times shame on me.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Outside of third down the best thing Washington has going forward is he is one year closer to exhausting his eligibility. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice three times shame on me.

@DerekJohnson, true!?!/1!!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Dwayne Washington is bad. He killed us in several different ways last Saturday.

A good coach would put him in a position to succeed not fail.
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379

A good coach would put him in a position to succeed not fail.
    @RoadDawg55 @NeGgaPlEaSe I'm bailing on DW, I can't love anymore. Ts & Ps
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521

HuskyInAZ said:

If there is one thing he did last game, he caught the rock, I'm sure he's better than 81% of the other running backs at this. Used correctly I would bet he can be productive. But that's the key, using him correctly. He's a could be a serious mismatch on 3rd down as holes tend to open up on passing downs. Blocking, make him work on it in practice, if he doesn't get it bench his ass for the season.
    He is not a good receiver though, I disagree with you. Yes 81% of RBs can catch swing passes or screen passes.
    What Chris Polk was doing, on the other hand, I don't think the majority of running backs catch these passes.