Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dwayne Washington

2»

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2015

He has value, just not the way he's being used. I can see him being a very productive NFL 3rd down back. The guy can catch the rock. converted receiver if I recall. He's 6'2 over 230lbs, and runs a 4.4. He can run a draw play, and best thing is he can pass protect. Get this guy the rock on 3rd downs let him make his occasional great play. Let Gaskin and Cooper carry the load as your every down backs. Let Coleman transfer his ass to Montana.

¿da fuq?
    he got blown the fuck up
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Warshington is as useless as tits on a boar hog.

Speaking of tits, @NeGgaPlEaSe's new avi is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DWarsh
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

“That’s the plan, to be that main running back,” Washington said Wednesday. “But as far as this offense, we do a lot of rotation. But, yeah, I would like to be that guy.”
    When healthy, Washington averaged 12 carries per game last season, and never more than 19 in a game. His breakthrough November — in which he had three consecutive 100-yard games to close out the regular season — had many forecasting him as UW’s best offensive weapon coming into this season. He did have a team-high seven catches for 53 yards against Boise, but Washington said he expects better production in the running game.

“The coaches, they’ve just got to trust what I do,” he said. “I have to give them that mindset that they can’t take me off the field. I’ve got to build trust with my quarterback and my coaches.”
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

HuskyInAZ said:

He's a converted receiver because he could not catch the rock. He has zero instincts with the ball in his hands, and his pass protect resulted in one of the two sacks on Browning. And he likes to put the ball on the ground.

If the OL opens a gaping hole and he's headed toward it, he's hell on wheels. Otherwise, I hope we have better alternatives.

If there is one thing he did last game, he caught the rock, I'm sure he's better than 81% of the other running backs at this. Used correctly I would bet he can be productive. But that's the key, using him correctly. He's a could be a serious mismatch on 3rd down as holes tend to open up on passing downs. Blocking, make him work on it in practice, if he doesn't get it bench his ass for the season.
    He is not a good receiver though, I disagree with you. Yes 81% of RBs can catch swing passes or screen passes.
    What Chris Polk was doing, on the other hand, I don't think the majority of running backs catch these passes.
    Damn, I miss Chris Polk. That guy was nasty. To go from Polk to Sankey to DWarsh. One of these things is not like the other...

Maybe it's PE but I have to think Jomon Dotson will wash out but Gaskin followed by Wellington will hopefully be a formidable backfield. If Pete can pull the muscle hamster and Ajayi out of nowhere, there's no reason he can't find productive guys with much better resources at his disposal.

With that said, I have to think Gaskin will be the guy come mid-season. And how the fuck is Cooper only a junior? The guy graduated like 3 years ago.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

That Washington quote..... yikes. I don't think he even understands that he is not doing a good job and there is a reason he didn't get 20 carries last year and won't this year either. It's because he is not a 20 carry back. Even I can't blame Smith and the offensive staff for not getting him in there more. He can't pass block, he struggles catching the ball, has no feel and doesn't make people miss. Other than that he is great.

I can't wait for the day that #MyGaskin passes him by.

#odealove NTTAWWT
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Dwayne Warshington is a big piece of shit.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 368
    Gaskin and McGrew. Wellington will be lb. I hope Gaskin gets 15 carries this week
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

Gaskin and McGrew. Wellington will be lb. I hope Gaskin gets 15 carries this week

Fuck D-Warsh, Gaskin and #MyChico should get every 2nd half snap.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    Fuck. These highlights of Washington in this thread smell like dead animals. What a waste of talent. He doesn't even think he is bad. Are the coaches too nice to this guy? Who is fluffing him so hard that he thinks the coaches just need to trust him?