Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But how is the zone a bad game day feature...?

HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

If our advertising, promo, marketing department is going to be fucking stupid, I prefer they atleast do it crisply...

There is so much wrong with just this one image, the abundance is strong with UW marketing department.

https://www.facebook.com/VisitTheZONE?v=app_375847105831932&rest=1

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Tell me this is farked. It's like they were eating circus animal crackers during a brainstorm.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

who the hell is running things over there

@Franz
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited August 2015
    Not sure why one of the options is clearly a Rhino labeled "Hippo"
    Houhusky said:

Not sure why one of the options is clearly a Rino labeled "Hippo"

Would have at least had some respect if "rhino" or "hippo" was named "Babs"
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    ? who the hell signs off on things like this and crazy larry? names pls
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

I realize that my #TCUMBA is going to overly simplify marketing, but it sure seems to me that good marketing starts with having common sense and paying attention to what your market/customers are telling you.

I can't imagine anybody that doesn't have rocks for brains, or thinks that one of the most popular golf tournaments sets attendance records because of a fucking fashion show, has told UW Marketing anytime in the last 10 years that they are doing a good job.

On the other hand, I think the UW AD marketing department knows its market/customers better than they know themselves.

You idiots keep paying for this bullshit after all.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    ....Is this a whoosh?? Animal crackers??? Lmao...

Tequilla said:

I realize that my #TCUMBA is going to overly simplify marketing, but it sure seems to me that good marketing starts with having common sense and paying attention to what your market/customers are telling you.

I can't imagine anybody that doesn't have rocks for brains, or thinks that one of the most popular golf tournaments sets attendance records because of a fucking fashion show, has told UW Marketing anytime in the last 10 years that they are doing a good job.

On the other hand, I think the UW AD marketing department knows its market/customers better than they know themselves.

The idiots on this board that pay for football tickets aren't the ones that they are responsible for using marketing dollars to attract. We're going to show up regardless. Having a marketing department trying to recruit us is as useful as taking the money allocated to that department, attaching that money to any idiot that thought Crazy Larry was a good idea, lighting said money on fire, and then pushing said idiot off the Aurora Bridge.

The fucking marketing department's job is to find a way to create enough underlying value to attract the random person that likes football and gives them a compelling enough experience to show up to the game instead of watching it on TV. One of the biggest drivers of this has been said on this bored ad nausea ... FUCKING WIN!!!

One other thing that the UW AD should point out to upper campus is that comparatively to the past, the ability for in-state students to attend the UW just seems far lower than it used to be and instead the population for undergraduate students is made up of those from out of state (or country) that could give two shits about being tied into the program (i.e. being a multi-generational student) or athletics. And if anybody doesn't believe that at all, just go sit around the IMA on any normal weekday afternoon and in particular pay attention to how many people play basketball. It USED to be that the wait for losing was long and the quality of play was high. Now? Not so much.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The idiots on this board that pay for football tickets aren't the ones that they are responsible for using marketing dollars to attract. We're going to show up regardless. Having a marketing department trying to recruit us is as useful as taking the money allocated to that department, attaching that money to any idiot that thought Crazy Larry was a good idea, lighting said money on fire, and then pushing said idiot off the Aurora Bridge.

The fucking marketing department's job is to find a way to create enough underlying value to attract the random person that likes football and gives them a compelling enough experience to show up to the game instead of watching it on TV. One of the biggest drivers of this has been said on this bored ad nausea ... FUCKING WIN!!!

One other thing that the UW AD should point out to upper campus is that comparatively to the past, the ability for in-state students to attend the UW just seems far lower than it used to be and instead the population for undergraduate students is made up of those from out of state (or country) that could give two shits about being tied into the program (i.e. being a multi-generational student) or athletics. And if anybody doesn't believe that at all, just go sit around the IMA on any normal weekday afternoon and in particular pay attention to how many people play basketball. It USED to be that the wait for losing was long and the quality of play was high. Now? Not so much.
    I'm from out of state and quite honestly out of state people were/are great fans because nogaf about college football in the pacific northwest, natties included.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    I took 1 marketing class and could do a better job than *our* entire marketing department. What the fuck are these idiots smoking
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    I guess they're targeting four year olds now.