Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next Husky Commit?

I think he's visiting today:

https://rivals.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Strong-181394

Could be that the staff put more focus on him since UCLA offered Myles Bryant (or it could be unrelated).

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,596
    Well based off of how his 2014 recruits were playing by mid-season last year, right now I'm willing to give Jimmy Lake the benefit of the doubt.

I loved Myles Bryant's film though....haven't watched this guy's yet.

With Hale getting booted, the staff will probably take 3 CBs this year (Love, Strong, and hopefully a stud corner like Murphy or Gilchrist).

If Strong commits, Gilchrist better commit soon (though the chances of landing Murphy are probably not that great).

meh?

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    With Bryant likely going to UCLA, and Hale gone, mtly guess is that Petersen recently contacted this kid and told him his offer was commitable.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

With Bryant likely going to UCLA, and Hale gone, mtly guess is that Petersen recently contacted this kid and told him his offer was commitable.

FWIW, I don't think any Petersen offer is commitable until the kid comes to campus and understands his OKG contract system.
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    bryant is 5-7 and 160. ill fuckin pass
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Scout article today says Gilchrist will probably commit soon. Sounds like he was planning to take visits but is feeling the heat to commit. In his talk about the teams he said he liked ASU's coaches, Oregon would be fun to play for, and then gave 5 or 6 reasons why he liked UW. Unless he's a great poker player, he will be committing to UW soon
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Scout article today says Gilchrist will probably commit soon. Sounds like he was planning to take visits but is feeling the heat to commit. In his talk about the teams he said he liked ASU's coaches, Oregon would be fun to play for, and then gave 5 or 6 reasons why he liked UW. Unless he's a great poker player, he will be committing to UW soon

They're just stealing that info from the podcast!!!!11!!!1
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

They're just stealing that info from the podcast!!!!11!!!1
    Yeah @bananasnblondes, @CokeGreaterThanPepsi reported that stuff first on the podcast!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Penace said:

You mean like Nate Robinson?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited August 2015
    salemcoog said:

Penace said:

2 star 5'9 180lb Nate who played basketball?
    I am positive had Nate played in 91 he would have been a walk on. No way he even steps on the same field as 6'3" Dana Hall

1991 Footbal Team >>> 2002
    HTH

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,303
    salemcoog said:

Penace said:

Nate was listed at 5-11in the football program
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogman has him at 5'9" 170lb in this premium content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyL63DFkaRc
  • BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    If Nate the Great had stuck with football, he definitely had the talent and mindset to play cornerback in the NFL.

A walk-on?

You're kidding, right?

edited August 2015

salemcoog said:

Penace said:

I am positive had Nate played in 91 he would have been a walk on. No way he even steps on the same field as 6'3" Dana Hall

HTH

You're trippin. True freshman Nate Robinson might not see the field for the '91 team, but he was going to be a stud. You're talking about a world class athlete that is built like a tank.
    built like a tank, is not 5-7 160. But yes Nate was amazing, and I thought he would have been an NFL talent. But he wasn't playing on that 91 team, or 92 team
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

salemcoog said:

Penace said:

HTH

1991 Football Team >>>>>>>> Almost any cfb team ever. Water is wet.

Nate Rob could have had a scholly in 91 though, no question. You're talking a surefire All Pac10 corner by his junior year, and probably before that. DJ (ILTCHDJ....Go Dawgs!) was no fool.

salemcoog said:

Penace said:

HTH

You're trippin. True freshman Nate Robinson might not see the field for the '91 team, but he was going to be a stud. You're talking about a world class athlete that is built like a tank.
    built like a tank, is not 5-7 160. But yes Nate was amazing, and I thought he would have been an NFL talent. But he wasn't playing on that 91 team, or 92 team
    There's a big gap between "walk on" and "not playing". There were plenty of scholarship athletes that didn't play in 91 and 92.

Also, Nate would have played in 92.
    salemcoog said:

Penace said:

Nate hasn't been 160 since high school jv.
    edited August 2015
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Penace said:

HTH

1991 Football Team >>>>>>>> Almost any cfb team ever. Water is wet.

Nate Rob could have had a scholly in 91 though, no question. You're talking a surefire All Pac10 corner by his junior year, and probably before that. DJ (ILTCHDJ....Go Dawgs!) was no fool.

Bull shit, who's offer was he taking. You have way too much sand in your Vag lately

If Nate the Great had stuck with football, he definitely had the talent and mindset to play cornerback in the NFL.

A walk-on?

You're kidding, right?

Facetious more like. I was pointing out to the Coog that we really don't need any 5'7 160 lb corners, and if we want to get back to 91 92 talent level a 5'7 corner,
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Re Gilchrist - small class, and it's filling up.