Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next Husky Commit?

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited August 2015

Bull shit, who's offer was he taking. You have way too much sand in your Vag lately

Take your pick, Josh Moore, Darrell Greene, Larry Goncalves. Nate was a better corner than anyone on the 91 team besides Hall, Bailey and maybe Russell Hairston, and that's being super generous to 91 cause a junior Nate is probably a better corner than any of them besides Hall. He maybe doesn't get a scholly over William Doctor and those three but easily over any of the other guys. The 91 team was Hawesome but there was still plenty of dreck to toss overbored for a freak like Nate.

And I'm sand free, thanks. You're the one getting sandy at the thought of Nate on the 91 team.

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited August 2015
    dnc said:

Bull shit, who's offer was he taking. You have way too much sand in your Vag lately

Take your pick, Josh Moore, Darrell Greene, Larry Goncalves. Nate was a better corner than anyone on the 91 team besides Hall, Bailey and maybe Russell Hairston, and that's being super generous to 91 cause a junior Nate is probably a better corner than any of them besides Hall. He maybe doesn't get a scholly over William Doctor and those three but easily over any of the other guys. The 91 team was Hawesome but there was still plenty of dreck to toss overbored for a freak like Nate.

And I'm sand free, thanks. You're the one getting sandy at the thought of Nate on the 91 team.

What are you basing this on again? I am certain its not factual since Nate really never got any accolades for football. Thoughts of Nate playing corner against the receivers like Keyshawn Johnson, J. J Stokes, Randy Moss. It's ok you keep him on your team, because I want tall corners like DJ did. I will take Marcus Peters over Nate any day. Are we even sure Nate was playing the position that best suited him for the NFL? I recall him being a better receiver.

Actually topic is recruiting a 5'7 160 lb corner in 2015. And since Nate was so highly recruited in football in 2002 I'm sure he would have been just as highly recruited by Don James. Let the DNC speculation continue. At least Mario and DJ McCarthy would have had a corner they could stand next to in practice.

dnc said:

What are you basing this on again? I am certain its not factual since Nate really never got any accolades for football. Thoughts of Nate playing corner against the receivers like Keyshawn Johnson, J. J Stokes, Randy Moss. It's ok you keep him on your team, because I want tall corners like DJ did. I will take Marcus Peters over Nate any day. Are we even sure Nate was playing the position that best suited him for the NFL? I recall him being a better receiver.

Actually topic is recruiting a 5'7 160 lb corner in 2015. And since Nate was so highly recruited in football in 2002 I'm sure he would have been just as highly recruited by Don James. Let the DNC speculation continue. At least Mario and DJ McCarthy would have had a corner they could stand next to in practice.
    No shit sherlock, I'll take Peters over Nate anyday too. Peters was an NFL first round corner. There was only one of those on the 91 team.

And no, I'm not BRB, JO'ing off the short TBS corner. As a rule I'll take taller corners just like you. But if you can't see Nate was a freak athlete who would have been a star at corner (or WR, or RB) if he played three years there even @GrandpaSankey's doctors can't help you. Hell, he was a star as a true frosh corner.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

No shit sherlock, I'll take Peters over Nate anyday too. Peters was an NFL first round corner. There was only one of those on the 91 team.

And no, I'm not BRB, JO'ing off the short TBS corner. As a rule I'll take taller corners just like you. But if you can't see Nate was a freak athlete who would have been a star at corner (or WR, or RB) if he played three years there even @GrandpaSankey's doctors can't help you. Hell, he was a star as a true frosh corner.

A star at corner, who only started 6 games made 34 tackles and 2 interceptions... Ok DNC Personally I still believe he would have been better on offense. Freak Athlete? No shit, he could have been an pro soccer player, a two way player at UW and played in the NFL and NBA.
    But in 2015 I still don't want a 5'7" 160 lb corner

dnc said:

dnc said:

A star at corner, who only started 6 games made 34 tackles and 2 interceptions... Ok DNC Personally I still believe he would have been better on offense. Freak Athlete? No shit, he could have been an pro soccer player, a two way player at UW and played in the NFL and NBA.
    But in 2015 I still don't want a 5'7" 160 lb corner
    I never wanted a 5'7" 160 lb corner.

BTW, the 91 team had one with those exact dimensions, at least if this roster is to be believed:

Darrell D. Green
    Position: #11 Cornerback
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 160 lbs.
    I didn't start following TBS at all until the 91 class (Nip/Damon) and not closely until like 98, so I can't tell you if this kid was on scholly or not. @Dennis_DeYoung, little help?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    We got the wrong fucking Darrell Green there, didn't we? I've never even heard of him.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Why did this thread turn all gay?
    edited August 2015

Why did this thread turn all gay?

Why did DNC proclaim Nate Robinson to be a "star" corner on a 7-6 team which had NFL drafted Derrick Johnson 6' 190 lb and NFL starter starter 6' 195lb Rock Alexander in 2002. Nate didn't displace either of these guys, he took over after an injury mid season to Alexander who was the starter. Had Nate played in 2003, does he start in front of Rock Alexander or All American candidate Derrick Johnson? I highly doubt it.

Derrick Johnson : "One of the top cornerbacks in nation ... voted a team captain for the 2004 season ... solid cover corner ... an All-American candidate ... set UW record in 2003 by recording an interception in four consecutive games ... ranks as the No. 11 cornerback in the nation in the Sporting News season preview as well as being named to the preseason Pac-10 first team and hailed as the fastest defensive back in the conference ... Street & Smith's magazine named him a preseason All-American Honorable Mention ... ranked in the top-20 cornerbacks in Lindy's season preview and named a first team All-Pac-10 DB"

Rock Alexander : "tied for sixth in the conference with four interceptions … broke up 11 passes to tie Chico Fraley (1990) as the third-best single-season mark in UW history … helped Washington rank fourth in the conference in pass defense, allowing just 220 yards per game … led a Husky pass defense which allowed more than 250 yards passing in just three of 11 regular-season games … became just the eighth player in school history to score multiple special-teams touchdowns in the same season … picked up a blocked field goal in the fourth quarter against Michigan and returned it 77 yards for the go-ahead score … also netted first-career interception vs. the Wolverines"

In terms of the 90's teams, I just don't see where Nate fits in on defense. I see him on special teams and offense, but not defense.
    Are we really putting him on the All time UW CB list based on 7 games from a team that won 7 games?

1991 CB Dana Hall and CB Walter Bailey , Back up Sr William Doctor
    1990 CB Charles Mincy and CB Dana Hall Back up Jr William Doctor
    1992 CB Walter Bailey and Sr Josh More

1993 Reggie Reser and Russle Harrsison

DB Reggie Reser (Pasadena, CA) - 9/10 votes Best in the West
    edited August 2015
    *edit in 1992 Josh More was a RS Junior and he recorded 4 interceptions that season. I doubt James and Lambright would have played him if he was such a Drekfest as you put it.

"Moore has survived a battle with redshirt freshman Reggie Reser for the opportunity to replace Dana Hall in an otherwise veteran defensive backfield that includes free safety Shane Pahukoa, strong safety Tommie Smith (or Louis Jones) and Bailey. Pahukoa and Bailey are widely considered All-Pac-10 prospects."
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,596
    WTF. Where did this talk about Strong being so small come from?

Rivals has him at 5'11" 170 lbs and 247Sports has him at 5'11" 170 lbs too.

Hudl has him at 5'11" 159 lbs.

My guess is that he's probably 5'10" to 5'11" with 5'9" likely being the absolute minimum.

So yes, this thread officially sucks now....thanks guys.

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    HFNY said:

WTF. Where did this talk about Strong being so small come from?

Rivals has him at 5'11" 170 lbs and 247Sports has him at 5'11" 170 lbs too.

Hudl has him at 5'11" 159 lbs.

My guess is that he's probably 5'10" to 5'11" with 5'9" likely being the absolute minimum.

So yes, this thread officially sucks now....thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure the poster was referring to CB recruit Myles Bryant, who is like 5'8''
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Nate Robinson hot talk >>>> some TBS CB 5-10 poasters have ever even heard of.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,596
    I'd rather have Myles Bryant than Marcus Strong.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's sounding like revenge of the nerds around here.