Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,091 Founders Club
    5 reasons ready to rumble will be AWESOME.
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    I already know that I won't be able to draw any lasting conclusion on starting freshman on the O Line and at QB until after the season is done. If they do alright and don't get hurt then that's great, no harm done, year of experience. If you trot an 18 year old kid, no matter how "freakish" he is and get him seriously injured in the first 3 months of his college career that is a really fucking terrible.

I understand the "We will be special in 2019" line and I don't disagree but I just feel like it's an unnecessary risk given the fact that, at QB, we don't have the next Jake Browning on the roster or committed. And we have a shot at having a legitimate top 3rd in the Pac 12 O Line with Trey Adams, Sosebee, some fuck at center, Henry Roberts, and Kaleb McGary. Add in guys Like Wattenburg and Matt James and you have some depth as well.

Give the ball the the QB with the hotter hand between Lindquist and KJCS from game to game and just see what happens. They'll make some plays but they'll also get their asses kicked against most of the opponents we play and we won't give a fuck if either of them gets hurt.

Browning 2016!!!!!

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,763 Standard Supporter
    Fuck those guys.

"Your access to read topics on this forum has been revoked."
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

I already know that I won't be able to draw any lasting conclusion on starting freshman on the O Line and at QB until after the season is done. If they do alright and don't get hurt then that's great, no harm done, year of experience. If you trot an 18 year old kid, no matter how "freakish" he is and get him seriously injured in the first 3 months of his college career that is a really fucking terrible.

I understand the "We will be special in 2019" line and I don't disagree but I just feel like it's an unnecessary risk given the fact that, at QB, we don't have the next Jake Browning on the roster or committed. And we have a shot at having a legitimate top 3rd in the Pac 12 O Line with Trey Adams, Sosebee, some fuck at center, Henry Roberts, and Kaleb McGary. Add in guys Like Wattenburg and Matt James and you have some depth as well.

Give the ball the the QB with the hotter hand between Lindquist and KJCS from game to game and just see what happens. They'll make some plays but they'll also get their asses kicked against most of the opponents we play and we won't give a fuck if either of them gets hurt.

Browning 2016!!!!!

Best player plays. Period.

Pussies need to LEAVE and open a spot for someone TUFF.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,648 Founders Club
    Some $EC guys and I trolled their boreds a long time ago, back in the Hawkins days, and they were little twats and banned us. That was back when the media didn't overhype and overpay for the SEC so I got along with them.

Cool story, Bill
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,091 Founders Club
    I didn't know @IrishDawg22 had so many BroncBlue handles over there.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Some doog asked a question over there about why they think their defense will be "special" if they were so mediocre last year? Basically all the responses were best summer ever/new coach breakdowns/best DC ever!!!!11!1!!/they were still washing their hands of coach Peetamus/most of the points given up were due to breakdowns that won't happen this year.

Bozo fans deserve to meet my friend Owen badly. But an encounter with Cinq will suffice.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    God I hope we fucking beat them. What a disgrace it is for us to travel and play on that Blue turf. Poolboy needs to be D.A.O.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,558 Founders Club

Having been in marching back in the day, marching on the blacktop outside the stadium, I can attest that "...what is that!?" are words frequently exclaimed through each and every day. You see some weird stuff on those days. I'll give you an example.

Hot August day. It was at least 120 degrees on the blacktop. Your shoes would pull up tar stuck to them with every step. It's late in the day. Probably 3pm-ish. We have our backs to Broadway as we're practicing the pre-game show. When we finish that run-though and have stopped playing, we're immediately hit with the unmistakable sounds of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" behind us. Loudly. Literally the entire band turns around almost at the same time. We see a guy in a Ronald McDonald outfit without the makeup riding down the sidewalk on one of those penny-farthing bikes (giant wheel up front, small one in the back....looooong before hipsters riding them was ever a thing). He's got a giant cigar clenched between his teeth and one of the most humongous boom boxes I have ever seen in my entire life perched on his shoulder. He turns his head to us and waves his hand around Michael Jackson style going "Whooo! Whooo! Whooo!" along with Michael in the song. He gets to the intersection at University and Broadway and completely ignores the stoplight and just keeps on going. A car slams on its brakes to avoid running into him and the car behind it drives right into its rear end. Penny-farthing-cigar-smoking-Ronald-McDonald gives absolutely zero poos and keeps right on riding down the street going "Whooo! Whooo! Whoooo!". We could hear him even after we couldn't see him anymore.

The whole band just sort of stood there for a minute, silent and speechless (a rare occurrence for that group, I can assure you). Finally someone says "What the hell was that!?"

Yeah, you see and hear some weird stuff during band camp.
    Go! Orange! Go Big Blue! Fight! Fight! BSU!
    Last edited 08/17/2015 11:35 AMby ThatBroncoGuy

That's a great story, bro.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Those dumbfucks deserve 0-12.

That was my point exactly. The weird thing is I'd go back and live there in a heartbeat. Their fans are borderline retarded and living amongst them was a large downside because they are too dumb to even troll as most don't know anything about football except "bcs sucks".

But as a quality of life standpoint, Bozo is top-notch
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,763 Standard Supporter

That was my point exactly. The weird thing is I'd go back and live there in a heartbeat. Their fans are borderline retarded and living amongst them was a large downside because they are too dumb to even troll as most don't know anything about football except "bcs sucks".

Boise is great if you're into the anal.

Too many fucking Mos.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,808 Founders Club

That was my point exactly. The weird thing is I'd go back and live there in a heartbeat. Their fans are borderline retarded and living amongst them was a large downside because they are too dumb to even troll as don't know anything about football except "bcs sucks".

Boise is great if you're into the anal.

Too many fucking Mos.
    Clearly, you've never been to Idaho Falls.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,558 Founders Club
    I'm going to have to dust off the old scout screen name and fuck with these guys. Doubt I last long. They remind me of gonzaga basketball fans. They sucked in Vegas too.