Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

well, this is fucked up. Court to set teacher compensation?????

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

section8 said:

Teachers don't get 3 months paid vacation. They get a salary for 190 days of work and it gets divided up into 12 months.

HTH
    When you work 60 fewer days per year than most people, you're getting three months (20 working days per month) of extra vacation.

Did you teach Vernon Adams math in school?
    You are really stupid. Teachers sign contracts for 9 months of work, not 12.
    CHRIST. You just made my point for me.
    And they get paid for 9 months of work, not 12. How do you not understand this? Is it the concept of "paid vacation" you don't understand or do you not understand how salaries work? I'm Guessing you've never had a job that had either
    You just told me that they get paid all 12 months of the year. 9 months of work, 3 months of paid vacation.

I've had a REAL job with paid vacation for 15 years now. I know how it works.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ok boobs. I'm worried about you passing the SBAC so we're going down to the special ed math class where they break things down.

A - The teacher is paid $1 a month per his salary.
    The teacher works 9 months out of a 12 month year.
    The teacher earns a salary of $9.
    If you divide $9 / 12 months, you get the teachers monthly pay

B - Another teacher works at an imaginary school that gives "free paid vacation" for the 3 months he is not working.
    He also gets $1 a month for salary.
    He gets $9 for his 9 months of work and then gets $3 for the months he is not working - his "free paid vacation"
    This teacher makes $12 for 9 months of work and 3 months of paid vacation.

Scenario A is the way teacher salaries work. Teachers get the $9.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Another scenario:

Let's say I agreed to pay you $12 for mowing my lawn on Monday. You mow my lawn and I give you $9 and tell you to come back tomorrow for the other $3. You come back, you don't do any lawn mowing but I give you the $3 I owe you. Did I give you payment for doing no work? No, I just gave you the money you already worked for. That's how teacher summers work. They give you the money you already earned. When you take a paid vacation, you don't do anything but you get paid for a full day's work anyways.
  • Options

Ok boobs. I'm worried about you passing the SBAC so we're going down to the special ed math class where they break things down.

Even Vernon Adams thinks you really suck at math.

9/12 is 0.75, not 1.

• Options

Another scenario:

Let's say I agreed to pay you $12 for mowing my lawn on Monday. You mow my lawn and I give you $9 and tell you to come back tomorrow for the other $3. You come back, you don't do any lawn mowing but I give you the $3 I owe you. Did I give you payment for doing no work? No, I just gave you the money you already worked for. That's how teacher summers work. They give you the money you already earned. When you take a paid vacation, you don't do anything but you get paid for a full day's work anyways.

I punch you in the FACE and break your jaw in this scenario.

If you have to use the Sark tactic of inventing bullshit hypothetical situations to make your argument, you've already admitted defeat.

At least you know why the rest of us hate you Section 14a Fucking Stupid teachers now.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

9/12 is 0.75, not 1.

No shit. I'm making the point that teachers are not paid for 12 months of the year. They are paid for 9.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2015

Another scenario:

I punch you in the FACE and break your jaw in this scenario.

If you have to use the Sark tactic of inventing bullshit hypothetical situations to make your argument, you've already admitted defeat.

At least you know why the rest of us hate you Section 14a Fucking Stupid teachers now.
    I'll take your angry outburst and calling me Sark as you finally realizing I'm right. I'm sorry it took so long. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp
  • Options
    I'm not the one arguing that getting paid during a vacation is hypothetically different than a paid vacation. You are.
  • Options

9/12 is 0.75, not 1.

No shit. I'm making the point that teachers are not paid for 12 months of the year. They are paid for 9.
    Then why do they get paid during their vacations?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

9/12 is 0.75, not 1.

Because they are paid about 3/4 of their contractual salary they earned during the non-summer months. They do this for tax reasons and so that teachers are gEttinger part oF their saLary in the months they arent on contract. They could just as easily give their entire salary as a lump sum in january. That wouldn't mean they are working for free the other 11 months. They could also only pay teachers the 9 months they work. It would be the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY. Look, I'm not gonna do this anymore. Teachers are not paid for time they are sitting on their ass unless they take a "paid leave day". During summer they are being given the 1/4 of their contractual pay they already earned but was witheld

There's nothing else I can say about this.
    I'm done.
    Have a great day.
  • Options

9/12 is 0.75, not 1.

Because they are paid about 3/4 of their contractual salary they earned during the non-summer months. They do this for tax reasons and so that teachers are gEttinger part oF their saLary in the months they arent on contract. They could just as easily give their entire salary as a lump sum in january. That wouldn't mean they are working for free the other 11 months. They could also only pay teachers the 9 months they work. It would be the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY. Look, I'm not gonna do this anymore. Teachers are not paid for time they are sitting on their ass unless they take a "paid leave day". During summer they are being given the 1/4 of their contractual pay they already earned but was witheld

There's nothing else I can say about this.
    I'm done.
    Have a great day.
    That's exactly how a paid vacation works. I get the same thing at my job.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Teachers are heros and deserve to be making millions of dollars.

just axe Damone! that fucking comie.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seriously, I wish I had 3 months off from my job where I could do something else on the side to make money and be stress-free if that project went to shit.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Boobs took the teacher-victim-complex-folks to school in this thread.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

section8 said:

Teachers don't get 3 months paid vacation. They get a salary for 190 days of work and it gets divided up into 12 months.

HTH
    When you work 60 fewer days per year than most people, you're getting three months (20 working days per month) of extra vacation.

Did you teach Vernon Adams math in school?
    You are really stupid. Teachers sign contracts for 9 months of work, not 12.
    CHRIST. You just made my point for me.

Teachers get paid vacation just like the rest of us, they just get three months of it.

They are overpaid for being 3/4 time employees.
    This should have ended the thread. How the contract is structured and how the salary is distributed are irrelevant.

The bottom line that really matters is what is the TOTAL annual cost of a teacher to tax payers? Salary, benefits, pension, employment taxes, training, overhead, ..... etc. That number would piss off most tax payers.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If 'most' teachers wanted out of the union, there would be no union.