Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just talked to my guy in Eugene

2»

Comments

• sjdsjd Member Posts: 270

Per ESPN in Spokane, there's white smoke pouring out of Autzen. Which means either there's a new pope or the Memorial Stadium arsonists are at it again.

It's fucking Eugene.

When isn't there smoke?

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

Oregon will plunger UW this year regardless of whether Adams is on the team. I just want him to fail because he sounds like a piece of shit and I'd love Baldwin to have the last laugh on this situation

The expectation by most is Oregon probably goes 10-2 which is fair. That wouldn't surprise me.

The years before last year Oregon was a lot better and really stacked. You could have taken away a few of their best guys and they would have been the same team.

Yet we've seen some vulnerability when missing a few key guys. Early last year while having the OL injuries they beat WSU by 7 and lost at home to Arizona who frankly wasn't that great.

Mariota was giving them 99% play at the most important position on the field. They also lost some of their best OL and now Johnstone is hurt again. Freeman is outstanding and their TE's are awesome. But if they have issues at QB and OL their offense could regress a lot. Not for the entire season but perhaps for a few games here and there.

Also they really got embarrassed in the NC game and I think as a result pac12 teams are going to be less afraid playing them.

If they have Adams UW has no chance. But if they play with Lockie and UW looks competitive in prior games then its a chance for an upset. Personally I hope the streak ends in Eugene. Otherwise our faggy fans will rush the field.
    Doog that I am, the field rush will be acceptable. Let's face it, they've been the superior team for well over ten years. The Oregon State and Stanford field rushes were pathetic though.

I'm with you on their slow decline. See Miami from 2003 to 2006.
    Quite honestly, i don't think anyone here is in denial

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Oregon will plunger UW this year regardless of whether Adams is on the team. I just want him to fail because he sounds like a piece of shit and I'd love Baldwin to have the last laugh on this situation

The expectation by most is Oregon probably goes 10-2 which is fair. That wouldn't surprise me.

The years before last year Oregon was a lot better and really stacked. You could have taken away a few of their best guys and they would have been the same team.

Yet we've seen some vulnerability when missing a few key guys. Early last year while having the OL injuries they beat WSU by 7 and lost at home to Arizona who frankly wasn't that great.

Mariota was giving them 99% play at the most important position on the field. They also lost some of their best OL and now Johnstone is hurt again. Freeman is outstanding and their TE's are awesome. But if they have issues at QB and OL their offense could regress a lot. Not for the entire season but perhaps for a few games here and there.

Also they really got embarrassed in the NC game and I think as a result pac12 teams are going to be less afraid playing them.

If they have Adams UW has no chance. But if they play with Lockie and UW looks competitive in prior games then its a chance for an upset. Personally I hope the streak ends in Eugene. Otherwise our faggy fans will rush the field.
    Too Drunk, Can't Read
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

DPOTD!

Oh...
    Quarterback transfer Vernon Adams has passed his final online math exam, thus ensuring his transfer to Oregon. It's been a long Spring and Summer with many doubters haters doogs Boobs expecting the transfer never to take place.

Adams is now cleared to fully participate in Fall camp with the team. He is now expected to compete with Jeff Lockie for the starting quarterback position.

Oregon opens up competition this season with Eastern Washington on Sept. 5. The next week the squad travels to East Lansing for a gigantic tilt with Michigan State.

Expect the quarterback competition to kick up with Adams now in the fold. Lockie has been publicly deemed the starter by Mark Helfrich thus far. Most national analysts, and myself, expect this to eventually be Adam's team to lead.

Adams has had a playbook this Spring and Summer. However he was not allowed to practice with any of his teammates this Summer. Recently Adams told DuckTerritory.com he has been throwing with roommates and friends to stay active.

Last season at Eastern Washington Adams threw for 3,483 yards and 35 touchdowns.He also added 285 yards and 6 more scores on the ground.

Lockie has 41 pass attempts in his career at Oregon.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Adams is still a downgrade from Mariotta. I think he will be really good in the Oregon offense but for now he's just sizzle (well deserved sizzle) for FBS so I don't understand why this shit is so important especially when he still has to win the QB position.

People need to be talking wayyyyy more about Royce Freeman who might be the most talented back Oregon has had in their run which is saying a lot.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club
    If Helfrich is relying on a QB this year he should be fired
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I would have fired Helfrich the days this Adams to Oregon rumor started.

He's had YEARS to come up with a post-Mariato plan.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    sjd said:

Per ESPN in Spokane, there's white smoke pouring out of Autzen. Which means either there's a new pope or the Memorial Stadium arsonists are at it again.

It's fucking Eugene.

When isn't there smoke?

.gif is incomplete without the duck falling out the front and chip walking away in back ....

I've tried, I can't find said version ...
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,588
    I think Adams will be a significant downgrade for them because Mariota could hurt you in every way while Adams' career ypc is 4.1 and his yards per carry decreased every year from 2012-2014.

Mariota was also taller and had better acceleration so he could use his field vision to take advantage of teams who didn't account for him by escaping the rush by splitting the pocket up the middle.

Anyway, I wouldn't spy VA and I wouldn't be particularly concerned about him running. If I'm MSU's DC and he starts against me at my place, I'd run a lot of Cover 3 and Cover 4, force him to make dink and dunk completions while determining if I can get to him rushing 4 and / or blocking his 5'11" frame's vision / passing lanes since my DL has All-American Shilique Calhoun (6'5"), my other DE is 6'4", and both my starting DTs are 6'6".

Adams is still a downgrade from Mariotta. I think he will be really good in the Oregon offense but for now he's just sizzle (well deserved sizzle) for FBS so I don't understand why this shit is so important especially when he still has to win the QB position.

People need to be talking wayyyyy more about Royce Freeman who might be the most talented back Oregon has had in their run which is saying a lot.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club

I would have fired Helfrich the days this Adams to Oregon rumor started.

He's had YEARS to come up with a post-Mariato plan.
    You can't expect Helfrich to recruit a QB to a school that wins the league every year and gives the QB a shot at the Heisman.

He has been Sark like in that regard. If he starts throwing it all over the field with those running backs..................
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,945

In the glare of the story that Oregon's D coordinator had no answer for that TE pulling seal block springing Elliot for yard-gouging runs, over and over and over, another story, just as important, was lost: Freeman did not fucking show up to that game. Tyner ran much harder and played like he was there to win. Freeman was nowhere to be found, and they needed him.

I was in Chelan (cue topdawg here) at a bar arguing with this dipshit who was trying to argue that Mariota choked and played like shit. Uh, ok. I don't think so.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    LaZoris said:

pawz said:

sjd said:

It's fucking Eugene.

When isn't there smoke?

.gif is incomplete without the duck falling out the front and chip walking away in back ....

I've tried, I can't find said version ...
    Right-click --> Save As