Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

True Detective season 2 finale (spoilers so don't fucking open the thread RoadDawg)

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Just fucking terrible. What a horrible 8 and a half hours of bull shit. It's like they were setting up the entire season just to go "Hey look it is actually HIS kid!!!1!!1!"

Classic lets just kill everyone but the female characters ending too.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The evil fucks got away with it and the good guys either died or ran away. What a satisfying finale.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Didn't watch True Detective yet.

But I can tell you Ray Donovan delivered guys doing coke off hookers' asses.

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Nick Pizzolato probably going to be selling his couch soon.

Just a disaster of a season.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was just a piss poor "detective" storyline in general with almost zero mystery as to what was going on. The scene with the retired cop and Woodrough stuck out like a sore thumb amid the rest of the plot, pretty much shouting that it was one of them that killed Casper. I also like how Velcoro sees that there's an SUV full of people who want to kill him so he drives up into the woods to make that more convenient for them.

Lincoln Laoiwya and Woody plus an actual crime story made the last season.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thought the finale was great. vince Vaughn telling the Russian he would kill him then delivering. Sweet . Also colin Farrell in a denim jacket smoking a cigarette. The gunfights were cool too. Didn't matter if any of it made sense. Don't you guys get that?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Thought the finale was great. vince Vaughn telling the Russian he would kill him then delivering. Sweet . Also colin Farrell in a denim jacket smoking a cigarette. The gunfights were cool too. Didn't matter if any of it made sense. Don't you guys get that?

I'm guessing you're anxiously awaiting Taken 4
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was a big season 1 fan, but man that was painful. I still like the look of it, but it was pretty frustrating. Killing the leads just so you can was dumb. It wasn't artfully done. Basically my issue with the show is Pizzolatto is such a douchebag. He overwrites everything.

I will be back to unleash the fury TLDR fashion, but i'm too hungover to fully dive into why season 2 was frustrating.

I wish the little drummer boy was followingm vince vaughn in his walk of death. Or the conway twiddie impersonator. I was laughing the entire time.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Flagged for lack of boobs
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Flagged for lack of boobs

WTF for one of the reasons the season being terrible was lack of tits (sans one scene).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I opened the thread. I am a few episodes behind, but I don't want to watch it. I've moved on to Mr. Robot.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    Swaye's Wigwam

I opened the thread. I am a few episodes behind, but I don't want to watch it. I've moved on to Mr. Robot.

I watched the first 3 and a half episodes of Robot and bailed
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've only watched 2. The pilot was great. Episode 2 was okay. I saw an article where the writer said it takes off in episode 5.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2015

I've only watched 2. The pilot was great. Episode 2 was okay. I saw an article where the writer said it takes off in episode 5.
    If the writer was worth a crap, it would have taken off 5 minutes into episode 1. I never understood why there's lulls in series. I get movies, because you need to develop a plot and characters for about 30-45 minutes in order to get the action and conflict going. However, series have an unlimited amount of time to develop their characters and plot. Bring the good stuff, and sprinkle in a little development here and there. By the time the 10th or so episode airs you pretty much will organically have something.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the writer was worth a crap, it would have taken off 5 minutes into episode 1. I never understood why there's lulls in series. I get movies, because you need to develop a plot and characters for about 30-45 minutes in order to get the action and conflict going. However, series have an unlimited amount of time to develop their characters and plot. Bring the good stuff, and sprinkle in a little development here and there. By the time the 10th or so episode airs you pretty much will organically have something.
    The pilot was great. It was fast paced the whole time. I agree with what you are saying though.