Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Q for those who went to the Spring Fling

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,722 Swaye's Wigwam
I was looking over the Spring Game stats and noticed that Lindquist went 13-16 for 237 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT.

How the hell did that happen?

Also, there've been people shitting on KJCS and saying he's struggling with accuracy and can't complete a pass over 5 yards, but he went 11-12 for 123 with an INT.

I know, I know, it's Spring Game stats, with a vanilla offense against a vanilla defense, but those numbers are still surprising considering how bad Lindquist was last year.

So for those who went to the Spring Game, how'd this happen / how'd they look?

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Flagged for quoting Spring Fling! stats.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,722 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

Flagged for quoting Spring Fling! stats.

FO, G
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Lindy is from Mercer Island.

the other boy can't decide on his own name.

Case closed.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 954
    What were Lockie's stats again?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Lindy probably played against the 2s and 3s on defense.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,322
    I'm not the biggest lindy fan, but we did all justifiably doog it up when we stole a QB from Harbaugh. Considering he didn't develop at all and just seemed happy to be a hometown kid on scholarship, we'll see how much progress he's made this fall.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I liked Lindy a lot in HS. I can't figure out why he sucks so bad other than he just doesn't give two shits.

He's pretty fast, he's built like a truck and he has a fucking cannon arm. Fucking Christ, there must just be a fucking empty bird's nest between his ears. Cerebral my ass.

What part of he's a rich kid from Mercer Island don't you understand?
    I'm from Kent, so it's possible I over-corrected for my known bias against all Richie Rich white kids from MI or B-view.

Just no fucking desire at all. F.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,558 Founders Club
    I'm not letting you on the Lindy Bandwagon.

#TeamBlackedOut2ndHalfHawaiiGameAndRefuseToBelieveHeWasThatBad
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I thought Lindy played a reasonable first half against Hawaii ... he was downright terrible during the second half but did make a couple plays on the last drive to solidify the victory.

I'm not against the idea that he could be serviceable ... I doubt that he's going to be running a massively complex offense to start the year but could see a scenario where you run a simple enough offense where he has a couple of reads and then either takes off or throws it away where he could be successful.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    The problem for me with Lindy is that I have no true disconfirmatory evidence for my early eval, so I will always overrate him. Because unless he plays a whole season I won't update my belief about him.

#bayesianpriorgametoostrong #ripblackpowersamething
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,722 Swaye's Wigwam

The problem for me with Lindy is that I have no true disconfirmatory evidence for my early eval, so I will always overrate him. Because unless he plays a whole season I won't update my belief about him.

#bayesianpriorgametoostrong #ripblackpowersamething

What is your Bayesian prior on Lindquist?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,153
    To answer the original question, I wasn't there but I heard lindy had a 90 yard to pass that inflated his stats
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,483

I liked Lindy a lot in HS. I can't figure out why he sucks so bad other than he just doesn't give two shits.

He's pretty fast, he's built like a truck and he has a fucking cannon arm. Fucking Christ, there must just be a fucking empty bird's nest between his ears. Cerebral my ass.

I've asked myself this same question about scores of players that have come thru UW in the last 15+ years.

Does it all start @ the top with the UW Admin. (shit flows down hill, after all) ; is it coaching; recruiting philosophy; the program's culture; our PC, new age, dumbass, pussy fans; has the program lost its way?...

Obvious answer is:

ABUNDANCE
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,558 Founders Club
    So many wasted snaps on Miley. The single most damning thing about Lindy was the monsoon start by Troy Williams. Beyond that, he deserves the Boise game. He leads the team to win there, keep the shirt on Browning and LIPO.