Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,775 Founders Club
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    dnc said:
    A simple "the same thing happened when Bush was President" would have sufficed.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

It's a bout fucking time whitey paid up. 40 acres and a mule plus 150 years of interest. Direct deposit to my wife's account please

I just made one.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    40 acres a mule and 150 years of incest does not sound like a farm I want to visit.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

40 acres a mule and 150 years of incest does not sound like a farm I want to visit.

Stay out of Enumclaw.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited July 2015
    Does that mean my ancestors that came to this country after slavery ended need to pay reparations? Do black people that arrived in this country after slavery ended get reparations too? As you can see, this can get very confusing. Also, sadly, there isn't much documentation on slaves because they were treated as property rather than human beings, so how is someone to provide difinitive proof they their ancestors were slaves, as not all black were slaves. Also since slavery started with the Dutch in this land in the late 1600's do they need to pay reparations too?

There is no possible way to quantify the actual amount needed and the people that would qualify. Also, there would have to be a discussion on who's pays it. As the slaves didn't belong to United States but individual land owners. Good luck with that one.

Reparations have been paid for the last 50 years in guilt. That's why we now have policies in place that give advantages to minorities in college acceptance and employment.

Slavery was a horrible thing that has been around since the BC's, and is still going on today in some parts of the world. But many people need to realize that monetary reparations will never get paid, as it opens up pandora's box. Does the US need to give reparations to the Indians that had their culture destroyed? How about the Mexicans after booting their people out of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas?
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

Does that mean my ancestors that came to this country after slavery ended need to pay reparations? Do black people that arrived in this country after slavery ended get reparations too? As you can see, this can get very confusing. Also, sadly, there isn't much documentation on slaves because they were treated as property rather than human beings, so how is someone to provide difinitive proof they their ancestors were slaves, as not all black were slaves. Also since slavery started with the Dutch in this land in the late 1600's do they need to pay reparations too?

There is no possible way to quantify the actual amount needed and the people that would qualify. Also, there would have to be a discussion on who's pays it. As the slaves didn't belong to United States but individual land owners. Good luck with that one.

Reparations have been paid for the last 50 years in guilt. That's why we now have policies in place that give advantages to minorities in college acceptance and employment.

Slavery was a horrible thing that has been around since the BC's, and is still going on today in some parts of the world. But many people need to realize that monetary reparations will never get paid, as it opens up pandora's box. Does the US need to give reparations to the Indians that had their culture destroyed? How about the Mexicans after booting their people out of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas?

Based on what I've seen in CA, AZ, NM & TX, we didn't do a very good job at "booting their people out".
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Were you a slave? No? Fuck off.

Did you own slaves? No? Fuck off.

Seems pretty straight forward.