Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle Sixth Graders Given Birth Control Without Parental Knowledge

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,970
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    As long as the 'inserter' has been government approved, I don't see any issues that should concern parents.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    While the article/website linked doesnt offer a single shred of evidence that this is actually happening, and refers to IUDs as abortion devices, I would support this practice, whether or not it's actually happening 110%
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,505
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Are they using the Dalkon Shield?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm outraged that more 6th graders can't be forced by their parents into becoming moms. Some people are so desperate to be grandparents they can't even wait for their teenagers to get into high school first.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    Founders Club

While the article/website linked doesnt offer a single shred of evidence that this is actually happening, and refers to IUDs as abortion devices, I would support this practice, whether or not it's actually happening 110%

The googles say it's happening at an ever increasing rate. A few the first year this was introduced, now the numbers are in the hundreds at the 13 schools participating in the program. I'm all for responsible proactive measures by individuals, but Seattle has truly broken into commie/nazi land with state sponsored usurping of parental rights. It's been unreal to watch how quickly and how far down this path the city has gone. It's no place to raise a kid, that's for sure.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This is brazenly stupid fucked up.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    I am sure the girls using this are nothing but the best and brightest.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd rather they shove IEDs up their cooters.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Next thing they will be cutting off sixth grade boy's peters!
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes, because we need more 25 year old grandparents running around.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Mao, Stalin and Hitler agree with you. The state is the parent and it decides what is best.

Not to be outdone by Washington, Oregon has decided to provide sex change operations to children without parental consent, and they're fully paid for by Oregon tax payers. Permanent cure for the parent and grandparent problem you're so fearful of.

• Options

OZONE said:

Mao, Stalin and Hitler agree with you. The state is the parent and it decides what is best.

Huh? I'm guessing you are drunk because your logic on this is shitty as fuck.

The state isn't forcing these kids to have birth control, it is making it available to them if they request it, even in the case that their parents aren't informed.

Believe it or not, there are some shitty parents out there. A lot in fact.

And if the child of a shitty parent requests birth control, that is a fuck of a lot better than the child of a shitty parent pushing out a kid at the age of 12.

If you can't see that, then you should stick to anonymous debates on internet message boards, and don't admit your fucking stupidity in public to somebody that knows you IRL. Oh wait...
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,152
    Founders Club
    What ever happened to the "I'll beat you to death if you get your dick wet" birth control my parents used to give me? It seemed to work well for quite a few decades.
  • Options
    Biology teachers cheer this right to secrecy.
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

The state isn't forcing these kids to have birth control, it is making it available to them if they request it, even in the case that their parents aren't informed.

And if the child of a shitty parent requests birth control, that is a fuck of a lot better than the child of a shitty parent pushing out a kid at the age of 12.

If you can't see that, then you should stick to anonymous debates on internet message boards, and don't admit your fucking stupidity in public to somebody that knows you IRL. Oh wait...
    what about great kids from great parents?

Why no concern for fifth grade or fourth grade girls?
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Do great kids hide their birth control choices from their great parents? Probably not, but if so, cheers on the kid for realizing that 12 isn't the age at which they should become a parent.

• Options
    Do great kids have sex at twelve? Cheers on the kid for realizing that 12 isn't the age at which they should be having sex.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,970
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2015

Do great kids have sex at twelve? Cheers on the kid for realizing that 12 isn't the age at which they should be having sex.

Some do, but not great ones. The "at risk" ones tend to be fs and reckless at an earlier age. I still don't think middle school kids need to be given birth control at public schools without parental knowledge.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,152
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Do great kids hide their birth control choices from their great parents? Probably not, but if so, cheers on the kid for realizing that 12 isn't the age at which they should become a parent.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the hypothetical child over the hypothetical parent and say to hell with education, society, and general maturity.

It's what I like to do.