Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well this series is over

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

That's.
    The whole.
    Point.

Get ready for three more games of Magic playing center.

I have no idea what you're quoting
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    dnc said:

That's.
    The whole.
    Point.

Get ready for three more games of Magic playing center.

I have no idea what you're quoting
    Can you show previous quotes?

Obviously the big difference here is Cleveland has LeBron and Memphis didn't
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    Cavs in 7. They sweep at full strength.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Cleveland right now is elite defensively. They have been the whole post season.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2015

I don't disagree. I'd still take Memphis' defense over theirs. Gasol > any Cleveland big, Allen > any Cleveland guard, obviously Cleveland has LeBron who is a sensational defender when he wants to be but he's the only legitimately elite defender on the team. Dellevedova had a great game but he got torched in game 1. I'm not expecting a repeat performance from him.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    The series is still over.

To quote the late Don Pardo, the Warriors are "Not for ready prime time players."
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

All three games of it.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

All three games of it.
    This. Not hard to look good in the east.
  • NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96

All three games of it.
    But it's not like the Warriors really played anyone either. They avoided the two other best teams out west, the Clippers and Spurs. The Pelicans were a cake-walk 8 seed. The Grizz are a tough team, but were banged up with Conley missing game 1 and no where close to 100%. And the Rockets just flat out suck. Of all the teams the Cavs and Warriors had to play to get to the finals, I think the Bulls were the best team.

I'm not saying the Warriors would have lost to either the Clippers or Spurs, but to say only Cleveland had a cake-walk to the finals is incorrect. I just felt bad that the Clipps and Spurs had to play each other in round 1.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

All three games of it.
    But it's not like the Warriors really played anyone either. They avoided the two other best teams out west, the Clippers and Spurs. The Pelicans were a cake-walk 8 seed. The Grizz are a tough team, but were banged up with Conley missing game 1 and no where close to 100%. And the Rockets just flat out suck. Of all the teams the Cavs and Warriors had to play to get to the finals, I think the Bulls were the best team.

I'm not saying the Warriors would have lost to either the Clippers or Spurs, but to say only Cleveland had a cake-walk to the finals is incorrect. I just felt bad that the Clipps and Spurs had to play each other in round 1.
    The rockets suck but beat the beloved clips. The clippers are still the clippers. Even when they are good they still suck.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Lebron punches his ticket to cooperstown. Or wherever the fuck the basketball hall of fame is
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited June 2015
    Brons getting 40 a night and Cavs still can't break 100 even in OT. This series is all about the physical team defense the Cavs are putting on, GS hasn't responded well at all. Their balls have shrunk. This meme sums up the series to me:

• NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96

PurpleJ said:

Cavs in 7. They sweep at full strength.

Even if Kyrie and Love were fully healthy, not sure they'd show better than what Dellavedova and Thompson have through 3 games. Definitely not on the defensive end, which is where the Cavs are really doing work.
    There is no question Cavs would be better with those two guys. Either way, the Warriors are embarrassing themselves as of now. Down 2-1 with homecourt to a team that is without two top 20 NBA players.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The Cavs are less talented without Love and Irving, but the Cavs have their formula down. Elite defense and let LeBron control the game. There is no worrying about Love or Irving getting theirs.

I thought this series was where Love and Irving's absence would be felt. I didn't think Cleveland would score enough to beat the Warriors. So far, neither guy has been a huge loss. Tristan Thompson and Dellevedova have played great and are pretty big upgrades defensively.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Cavs win rather easily tonight. Lebron knows that tonight is big because you don't want Golden State to be in position to where all they have to do is win 2 at home.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    Sports psychology at its finest watching the pregame handshake. LeBron was there big and bold and curry was quick glance, shake hands, and look to the floor.

They are scared of him. Can't wait to see what happens. Tonight is Game 7.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Honda is picking the Warriors. Enough said on that.

I expect after the Cavs win it will have been a cold winter in Oakland.