Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nigel goss

13»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    IMO, playing for the ZAGS is FREE PUB!!! for saying that you like to be a big fish in a small pond ...

He'll obviously have no problems playing in the WCC ...

Unless he magically improves in a few areas, the same holes he had at Washington (slow feet, lack of outside shooting) will hold at Gonzaga when playing against better competition than the WCC has to offer.

Going to Gonzaga will give him a better experience at the college level ... but I'd be surprised if it makes him that much of a better player. This screams to me of hiding your weaknesses instead of trying to turn those weaknesses into strengths.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

IMO, playing for the ZAGS is FREE PUB!!! for saying that you like to be a big fish in a small pond ...

Unless he magically improves in a few areas, the same holes he had at Washington (slow feet, lack of outside shooting) will hold at Gonzaga when playing against better competition than the WCC has to offer.

Going to Gonzaga will give him a better experience at the college level ... but I'd be surprised if it makes him that much of a better player. This screams to me of hiding your weaknesses instead of trying to turn those weaknesses into strengths.

I like to prove I am an NBA caliber player by transferring to play against a lower level of competition.

NWGFS.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

I like to prove I am an NBA caliber player by transferring to play against a lower level of competition.

NWGFS.
    At least in his corner, learning to shoot can be fixed. Getting a year off to work on his game may actually be a benefit long term. Sadly there isn't anyway to improve his lack of ability to defend at the nba level which will always be a crutch. He still has a solid shot to be another guy who leaves UW to do quite well in another location.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

NWGFS.
    At least in his corner, learning to shoot can be fixed. Getting a year off to work on his game may actually be a benefit long term. Sadly there isn't anyway to improve his lack of ability to defend at the nba level which will always be a crutch. He still has a solid shot to be another guy who leaves UW to do quite well in another location.
    I'm sure he will have an easier time getting his slow ass jump shot off against the midgets in the WCC. Guarantee he's the kind of guy who believes his own stat sheet without examining the context of those stats (Connor Halliday).

I hope Murray sticks around long enough to posterize NWG in 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNTiZ6dPR8o
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

NWGFS.
    I'm sure he will have an easier time getting his slow ass jump shot off against the midgets in the WCC. Guarantee he's the kind of guy who believes his own stat sheet without examining the context of those stats (Connor Halliday).

I hope Murray sticks around long enough to posterize NWG in 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNTiZ6dPR8o
    He needs an overhaul of his jumper and he'd be fine. So far in his career it doesn't seem as though he's really open to suggestion and or coaching so we should probably assume his jumper will be the same until it isn't.

Do way is baby boy here. Unless he's an absolute dud, staying two years has proven to be a bad idea over and over and over again only b/c you start to lose the "potential" tag.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,130
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Dickau sure didn't seem good at UW.

He's going to start and do well.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Dickau sure didn't seem good at UW.

He's going to start and do well.

No one is saying Goss didn't do well here, and he'll, in all likelihood, do well at Gonzaga.

But the notion that he'll likely have any kind of substantive career in the NBA is laughable.