Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nigel goss

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I guess his plan to leave early for the NBA has been intentionally delayed 2 years by his ego.

He seems like the type with parents who constantly called Romar with coaching advice.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogs seem worse because of their numbers and media presence. Zaggots can be really bad though.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I can see where you'd at least be able to debate zaggots/doogs. But I have no doubt in my mind that the quook/hook/12/moog combo is by far the worst in the country. Which is both extremely embarrassing yet highly entertaining at the same time.

I know, abundance.

Fixed for SW Washington accuracy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    priapism said:

I guess his plan to leave early for the NBA has been intentionally delayed 2 years by his ego.

He seems like the type with parents who constantly called Romar with coaching advice.

It's not like Romar isn't asleep at the wheel
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

priapism said:

It's not like Romar isn't asleep at the wheel
    Dan Dierdorf doesn't know why you wouldn't phrase it this way

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The doogs are falling into 3 distinct camps on this one:

1) He's a quitter and a terrible shooter. LOL at Gonzaga for taking him

2) It will be really sweet when UW kicks his ass in 2016

3) He would have been lost in the shuffle with all the studs Romar is bringing in. Gonzaga gives him a chance for playing time

He IS a terrible shooter.

HTH
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In all reality, I do wonder if NWG gets the burn he expects at GU. As much as many doogs don't want to admit it, GU is 10x's the program UW is right now and has a pretty good stable of players. It's not like he's playing on UW where nobody can take your spot. At GU he's going to have to defend and shoot and beat out pretty damn good players to see the floor in mass quantity.

I'm not convinced he will be a shoe in to win the starting slot.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015

In all reality, I do wonder if NWG gets the burn he expects at GU. As much as many doogs don't want to admit it, GU is 10x's the program UW is right now and has a pretty good stable of players. It's not like he's playing on UW where nobody can take your spot. At GU he's going to have to defend and shoot and beat out pretty damn good players to see the floor in mass quantity.

He will start and be a good player for the Zags. He will win a lot of games and WCC titles. He will lose early in the tournament.
  • Options

He will start.
    disagree
  • Options

He will start and be a good player for the Zags. He will win a lot of games and WCC titles. He will lose early in the tournament.
    You can say that about any GU player. I think he's going to be a decent player, but he also built up a lot of stats at UW while having zero competition on the roster for his minutes. He will not get that at GU. So there is something to be said about the mindset that he will waltz in and play 30 minutes a game. I don't think it's that cut and dried.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,229
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You can say that about any GU player. I think he's going to be a decent player, but he also built up a lot of stats at UW while having zero competition on the roster for his minutes. He will not get that at GU. So there is something to be said about the mindset that he will waltz in and play 30 minutes a game. I don't think it's that cut and dried.
    GU plays in the WCC. NWG has already had two years of getting 14+ and 5-6 assists in the Pac 12. He will match those stats in the WCC. He will have better players around him against worse competition.

Take all the screenshots you need. He's going to be good at Gonzaga.
    Few is notorious for the bait and switch. He had two transfers on this year's team who barely saw the floor. Nunes from Louisville and McClellan from Vanderbilt who collectively saw the floor 14 minutes per game. Nunes has left for USF.

NWG is the insurance policy for Josh Perkins. Willing to bet Fremont's left nut that either NWG or Perkins will be gone by their second year of eligibility at GU.

• Options

GU plays in the WCC. NWG has already had two years of getting 14+ and 5-6 assists in the Pac 12. He will match those stats in the WCC. He will have better players around him against worse competition.

He will get plenty of stats, but he will be the same slow footed crappy shooter he's always been.

Screenshot it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015

He will get plenty of stats, but he will be the same slow footed crappy shooter he's always been.

Screenshot it.
    He will never be a great athlete, but he's a good college player. I'm not so sure about the shooting. One would think he will be a better shooter next time we see him in a game.
  • Options

Slow your screen shots ruth. You obviously can't read or are completely missing the point. NWG can put up stats, and he will have zero problem doing so against WCC opponents if given minutes. However, he has to get on the floor to do so and this isn't the dreakfest UW roster of the last couple years which has zero competition. He will have high end competition on the roster for minutes and its not locked in that he'll walk onto the floor at GU and be gifted starters minutes considering his defensive and shooting deficiencies.

If he starts it will be interesting, and if he doesn't it will still be interesting to see if he declares.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015

Slow your screen shots ruth. You obviously can't read or are completely missing the point. NWG can put up stats, and he will have zero problem doing so against WCC opponents if given minutes. However, he has to get on the floor to do so and this isn't the dreakfest UW roster of the last couple years which has zero competition. He will have high end competition on the roster for minutes and its not locked in that he'll walk onto the floor at GU and be gifted starters minutes considering his defensive and shooting deficiencies.

If he starts it will be interesting, and if he doesn't it will still be interesting to see if he declares.
    Perkins is the only guy currently on the roster that will be around in two years. If they still had Pangos and Bell you might have a legitimate point. You don't even know who Gonzaga has. NWG is pretty good. We know his deficiencies, but he's pretty damn good.

Gonzaga isn't Kentucky or Duke. They aren't loaded with talent. Chances are high that Gonzaga isn't bringing in an 18 year old that will be better than a 22 year old NWG. Teams in college play two PG's, they play 3 guard line ups. We know he's going to play. Don't be fucking stupid. He might not get to dominate the ball like he did at UW, but he will be a featured player at Gonzaga.
  • Options

Screenshot it.
    He will never be a great athlete, but he's a good college player. I'm not so sure about the shooting. One would think he will be a better shooter next time we see him in a game.
    44/25/76
    FG/3P/FT

He was worse in year 2. Will he be more motivated to prove that he made the right choice against his old team? Of course. But that won't magically make him better at something he has no track record of success at.
  • Options

Perkins is the only guy currently on the roster that will be around in two years. If they still had Pangos and Bell you might have a legitimate point. You don't even know who Gonzaga has. NWG is pretty good. We know his deficiencies, but he's pretty damn good.

Gonzaga isn't Kentucky or Duke. They aren't loaded with talent. Chances are high that Gonzaga isn't bringing in an 18 year old that will be better than a 22 year old NWG. Teams in college play two PG's, they play 3 guard line ups. We know he's going to play. Don't be fucking stupid. He might not get to dominate the ball like he did at UW, but he will be a featured player at Gonzaga.
    I think your panties are in a bunch over saying that he isn't a lock to kill it at GU. I hope the kid does well and wish romar had any roster to surround him with here. Let's not get all bent out a shape ruth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think your panties are in a bunch over saying that he isn't a lock to kill it at GU. I hope the kid does well and wish romar had any roster to surround him with here. Let's not get all bent out a shape ruth
    It's doogish to pretend like NWG might not do well at Gonzaga.