Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Season Preview

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Deserves a REAL podcast.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The TCU model very well may be the path that UW takes ... struggle without QB play for 2 years, question whether the coach knows what he is doing, talent and depth gets built up while eventually the QB play catches itself up ...

The 2nd half of the year will be better than the first half ... first half could be ugly
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I thought we were supposed to make big strides in year two of Petersen? Something about 15 18 20 games being the barometer?

This year is going to suck and I will probably lose my shit and want Petersen fired if he wins 4 games, but he's working with a stacked deck. The youth excuse is beyond played out, but this team has very few talented returning starters.

Hopefully Peterman wins 7 or 8 and we can actually have a little bit of substance to doog about other than "Petersen was great at Boise State, the recruiting classes are insane, Socha is getting the boys ready", and all the other doog bullshit we have said or heard every offseason the past 15 years.

Outside of QB, I honestly don't see much difference in the remaining roster between teams like Arizona or ASU. Just right now UW is getting really poor QB play, bottom 2 or 3 in the pac12.

The second UW gets simply average p12 QB play I think they'll look to be on par with the Arizona schools and build from there. And long term I don't think either of Arizona schools are recruiting the lines on UWs level.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015
    I think there is enough talent, if the player development we think we'll see out of Pete is true, to get to a shit tier bowl. I'm not expecting to contend for the north, but would be pretty fucking disappointed if we just fell flat on our faces.

I think last year he had enough wiggle room to blow Stanford, Zona, and OSU and be ok. Year 2 those kinds of winnable games need to be finished or the season will really spiral out of control.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    we could go 0-12 this year and id still think Petersen is the right man for our team
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2015
    Lundy Ragnarquist is gonna win us the Pac

You heard it here first
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Lundy Rangarquist is gonna win us the Pac

You heard it here first

This season is basically ragnarok come to Husky Stadium. Not even Odin himself could help us.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought we were supposed to make big strides in year two of Petersen? Something about 15 18 20 games being the barometer?

This year is going to suck and I will probably lose my shit and want Petersen fired if he wins 4 games, but he's working with a stacked deck. The youth excuse is beyond played out, but this team has very few talented returning starters.

Hopefully Peterman wins 7 or 8 and we can actually have a little bit of substance to doog about other than "Petersen was great at Boise State, the recruiting classes are insane, Socha is getting the boys ready", and all the other doog bullshit we have said or heard every offseason the past 15 years.

Outside of QB, I honestly don't see much difference in the remaining roster between teams like Arizona or ASU. Just right now UW is getting really poor QB play, bottom 2 or 3 in the pac12.

The second UW gets simply average p12 QB play I think they'll look to be on par with the Arizona schools and build from there. And long term I don't think either of Arizona schools are recruiting the lines on UWs level.
    I have no idea about stats or anything like that but theres no way there was a qb worse than cyler miles. This years qb may prove that things can actually be worse of course
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015
    phineas said:

I have no idea about stats or anything like that but theres no way there was a qb worse than cyler miles. This years qb may prove that things can actually be worse of course
    An important stat often overlooked that shows how inept Miles was is yards per completion or attempt. I could have a killer QBR if i just immediately shovel passed it to a RB, but my team would still suck.

A good QB can make reads and throws that stretch the field and open up the lanes for the RB to do damage at the second level.

I don't know if there is a stat that documents this, but being able to track a QBs ability to throw for first downs/ or there 3rd down conversion rate as a passer (including scrambling for a first) would be a nice passing statistic and give credit to the smart QBs who move chains.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    It's year 2. I need to see something. Not sure what I'm looking for but I'll know it when I see it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015
    Doogles said:

phineas said:

An important stat often overlooked that shows how inept Miles was is yards per completion or attempt. I could have a killer QBR if i just immediately shovel passed it to a RB, but my team would still suck.

A good QB can make reads and throws that stretch the field and open up the lanes for the RB to do damage at the second level.

I don't know if there is a stat that documents this, but being able to track a QBs ability to throw for first downs/ or there 3rd down conversion rate as a passer (including scrambling for a first) would be a nice passing statistic and give credit to the smart QBs who move chains.
    Total QBR factors that in and Miles QBR was absolutely terrible.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club

every tire a defective Sark recruit
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015

If the Pac-12 is the dreckfest most of us proclaim it to be, then good coaching should wrangle up 7-8 wins, even from a talent-deficient team.

Pac12 football isn't a deckfest (basketball is dreck as fuck). Outside of SEC there isn't a more competitive conference top to bottom.

Pre-emptive: Eat a dick Sven, you too Race. Miserable fucks.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But how is Woodward a bad AD wHo was Pool Boi to a faggy President that gets it when it comes to football?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the Pac-12 is the dreckfest most of us proclaim it to be, then good coaching should wrangle up 7-8 wins, even from a talent-deficient team.

How do you think we've been able to be an average Pac team the last few years?

Dreckfest.