Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla's Pet Peeve of the Day ...

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,717 Founders Club
    Let's dig down into this

Step it back
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I like to work in the ______ is over whenever I can.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,569 Founders Club
    Action item >> ga(y)me changer
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    Ask "Will this scale?" no matter what it is
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I don't mind when it is used every once in a while ... and particularly if it is used in a way of being more of a comedic relief.

What I hate is when seemingly everybody talks about what they have to do is that they have an action item for this and an action item for that like it's super important. We all have fucking work to do. We all have things to get done. I don't need to hear you describe something as a fucking action item to know that you have shit to get done.

Fascinating! Tell me more. Also be sure to let me know how your fantasy football team is doing.
    I'd tell you to go fuck off ... but then again I can sit back and laugh at the fact that you get to put up with Steve Alford as your basketball coach combined with the 10% state income tax rate that those in the beautiful state of California get to watch their local government mismanage.

Have a good weekend!!!
    I want to take a step back.

Looks like someone was going to assign an action item, however, it couldn't scale because people ... in ... the ... State ... of ... California pay 10 cents of every dollar to the government.

But then, Tequila took some self depreciating humor by actually telling the guy he is insulting to actually do an action item of "have a nice weekend".
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I don't mind when it is used every once in a while ... and particularly if it is used in a way of being more of a comedic relief.

What I hate is when seemingly everybody talks about what they have to do is that they have an action item for this and an action item for that like it's super important. We all have fucking work to do. We all have things to get done. I don't need to hear you describe something as a fucking action item to know that you have shit to get done.

Fascinating! Tell me more. Also be sure to let me know how your fantasy football team is doing.
    I'd tell you to go fuck off ... but then again I can sit back and laugh at the fact that you get to put up with Steve Alford as your basketball coach combined with the 10% state income tax rate that those in the beautiful state of California get to watch their local government mismanage.

Have a good weekend!!!
    I want to take a step back.

Looks like someone was going to assign an action item, however, it couldn't scale because people ... in ... the ... State ... of ... California pay 10 cents of every dollar to the government.

But then, Tequila took some self depreciating humor by actually telling the guy he is insulting to actually do an action item of "have a nice weekend".
    What do those numbers even mean? I mean, what problem are we really trying to solve here?

(holy shit this stuff works!!)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,717 Founders Club
    Let's walk it back and dig down on this and see if it scales
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    Swaye said:

You don't have to implement all the McDonald's corporate jargon at the one you manage

My boss at Jiffy Lube says action item all the time. Then he farts. And spits tobacco juice on the floor. I work at one of the classy Jiffy Lubes.
    ...and then he hands me the old dirty cabin air filter we keep on the shelf to go show the customer before we fuck him in the ass
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    HFNY said:

My favorite private meetings are when my secretary can't respond because my dong is in her mouth.

Pics or GTFO.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    "Action item" has been around since at least the 80s... at least it has some bearing on the conversation.

What bothers me is people that talk very fast on the false belief that it makes them seem smarter. Watch. They speed up over the buzzwords. It's horrible. Also people insert "sort of" like this is "sort of a field name" and this is "sort of a way of defining a problem" on the false belief that it attaches them to the smartypants class of people that say "sort of" a lot. Somebody who was an intellectual at some point started inserting "sort of" into every fucking sentence. So, now every wannabe intellectual inserts sort of about the same tempo. It is the kind of thing you get with the idiot human race.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Tequilla has reached IMALOSER territory in this thread.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,005 Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

HFNY said:

My favorite private meetings are when my secretary can't respond because my dong is in her mouth.

Pics or GTFO.
    You want him to post pics of his dong?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

MisterEm said:

HFNY said:

Pics or GTFO.
    You want him to post pics of his dong?
    Puppy approves