Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HuskyFan Podcast: Spring Game Review

75 minute podcast. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi joins us 30 minutes in. Quite a lot of big picture thoughts in the second half. We also touched on Bruce Jenner's interview.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/Apr27.2015SpringReview.mp3

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree about the unis, I'm team Swede (Browning to redshirt then start 3-4 year), Coke pause-talks like he had too much coke but like what he has to say, the sexual tension was thick as ever.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Good Jennner talk. Going to cut off my dick and sell it to China after listening.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    When Jim Mora jr publicly calls out the shit uniforms for being unrecognizable, you know you have a problem.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2015
    Good poad as always.

Lindy has all the physical tools. I just don't think he has IT. Pleased to beings proving wrong.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good poad as always.

Lindy has all the physical tools. I just don't think he has IT. Pleased to beings proving wrong.

That is exactly how I feel. If he starts, he will be one of the worst starting QB's in the Pac 12, if not the worst.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Good poad as always.

That is exactly how I feel. If he starts, he will be one of the worst starting QB's in the Pac 12, if not the worst.
    My belief—or rather hope—is that KJCS makes up for a slight lack in physical tools and less experience with more confident play and a willingness for go for it much more than Lundy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still don't fully get the Lindy backlash. Thank God for blacking out for the 2nd half of the Hawaii game. After that I've only seen him throw catchable bombs so i'll take him. The removal of Cyler and Troy's transfer has to help his psyche. He knows he is the man and this is his 4th year in the program. Either he improves or doesn't.

Either way, he has enough tools to win in this league if utilized properly, but if Babushka (and Pete for that matter) keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, they need to take the full heat for the lack of production.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I still don't fully get the Lindy backlash. Thank God for blacking out for the 2nd half of the Hawaii game. After that I've only seen him throw catchable bombs so i'll take him. The removal of Cyler and Troy's transfer has to help his psyche. He knows he is the man and this is his 4th year in the program. Either he improves or doesn't.

Either way, he has enough tools to win in this league if utilized properly, but if Babushka (and Pete for that matter) keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, they need to take the full heat for the lack of production.

What has Lindquist done that gives you any confidence? Against a terrible Hawaii team, he couldn't complete a pass in the 2nd half. He was behind Miles for 3 years. The same guy that was bashed almost every week was better from the day he stepped on campus. Miles was immediately inserted as the starter once his suspension was over. Miles never came out once last season despite mostly struggling. And Lindquist was the 3rd string QB for a portion of the season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

What has Lindquist done that gives you any confidence? Against a terrible Hawaii team, he couldn't complete a pass in the 2nd half. He was behind Miles for 3 years. The same guy that was bashed almost every week was better from the day he stepped on campus. Miles was immediately inserted as the starter once his suspension was over. Miles never came out once last season despite mostly struggling. And Lindquist was the 3rd string QB for a portion of the season.
    As Race has noted, great head coaches get QBs wrong all the time. Last year was a perfect storm of a new coach trying to get his system in without destroying the confidence of everyone on the roster by starting a merry-go round under center. Lindquist looked like shit (from what I hear) that second half against Hawaii in the inaugural game for Pete. Miles was the easy choice based mainly on his play in backing up KP. When he was finally concussed, Troy got his chance in a monsoon. Lather and rinse.

I think there were a lot of wasted reps last year. The kid has the arm, the physicality, mobility, and has shown enough mental cohones to stick it out when he was essentially relegated to 3rd string midseason. I'm not saying he's going to be great, but in a season that is already over, he deserves some reps to write his story a little more.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

As Race has noted, great head coaches get QBs wrong all the time. Last year was a perfect storm of a new coach trying to get his system in without destroying the confidence of everyone on the roster by starting a merry-go round under center. Lindquist looked like shit (from what I hear) that second half against Hawaii in the inaugural game for Pete. Miles was the easy choice based mainly on his play in backing up KP. When he was finally concussed, Troy got his chance in a monsoon. Lather and rinse.

I think there were a lot of wasted reps last year. The kid has the arm, the physicality, mobility, and has shown enough mental cohones to stick it out when he was essentially relegated to 3rd string midseason. I'm not saying he's going to be great, but in a season that is already over, he deserves some reps to write his story a little more.
    Lundy has not shown that. He's a 6-4, 240lb, fast, strong beast who runs like a 5-8 comic book illustrator. Lindy as a runner has become a new Doog legend. He absolutely should be a great runner but did not show it. And I think that gives an insight about what he's missing. He does not have the hard heart that kills. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I forgot to mention the breaking news I got from attending the Spring Event:

-Jesse Sossebbeee has gotten rid of his glorious mullet. My heart was broken.

-Buttah Baker is one of us, he was wearing actual sweatpants (not the team issued sweats) while signing autographs for kids. #Hero
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I was actually the uniform material superiority guy.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    I am hoping for KJCS because some players are just gamers and turn it on when the lights are brightest. We already know that Lindquist doesn't have that in him. Maybe we'll be surprised.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

I am hoping for KJCS because some players are just gamers and turn it on when the lights are brightest. We already know that Lindquist doesn't have that in him. Maybe we'll be surprised.

Exactly.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

Well said, that is my hope too. The other thing is I really hope Browning isn't forced to play this year (unless he somehow wins the job in fall, then I will doog really hard for the future)
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Y'all keep doing the Lord's work.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm trying to do a PoadCast here. Jesus!