Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The good measure for Spring ball

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
Will be to compare Petersen's assessment last year to this year. Here is a link to Petersen's interview following the 2014 spring game preview:

https://pac-12.com/videos/2014-pac-12-spring-football-postgame-interview-washington-chris-petersen-spring-impressions

I think Petersen's attitude and body language between then and now will be a good representation for how this spring went and where he feels the team is and where the team can go.

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Will be to compare Petersen's assessment last year to this year. Here is a link to Petersen's interview following the 2014 spring game preview:

https://pac-12.com/videos/2014-pac-12-spring-football-postgame-interview-washington-chris-petersen-spring-impressions

I think Petersen's attitude and body language between then and now will be a good representation for how this spring went and where he feels the team is and where the team can go.

Last thing I'll be looking for is touchy feely stuff.

Win with the schmucks on the roster or GTFO.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    You can't measure shit in spring ball.

HTH
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    I will judge the spring football "game" solely on Petersen's ability to hit the crossbar
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    enough will all the bullshit.

WIN! the Spring Game or GTFO!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Only two measures count in Spring Game:

1. Win?

2. Attendance?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

1. Win?

2. Attendance?

Petersen's confidence in the team following spring camp will be a precursor for 2015.

You could tell Petersen wasn't happy with the team at the end of 2014's spring game and that was reflective of his voice and words. And we all remember how 2014 went:

Petersen's assessment on spring ball could be an early indicator whether we go 7-5 this year or 6-6.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

1. Win?

2. Attendance?

Petersen's confidence in the team following spring camp will be a precursor for 2015.

You could tell Petersen wasn't happy with the team at the end of 2014's spring game and that was reflective of his voice and words. And we all remember how 2014 went:

Petersen's assessment on spring ball could be an early indicator whether we go 7-5 this year or 6-6.
    I think you're just going to get coach speak 99.81% of the time out of spring games regardless of the outcome. The only thing I think is relevant information out of spring game is how individual players look. Particularly only QBs/WRs/RBs and secondary players, everyone else is usually not going all out and the playcalling is basic with loads of Walk-ons filling out the two-deep.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403

1. Win?

2. Attendance?

The score of that game and he's still pissed off!! You would see sarks punk ass high 5ing guys.
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    I do think we will be able to get a good read on the QBs during the spring game.

Lindquist and Williams were both pathetic last year and it was pretty clear that neither or them were the answer at QB (apparently, neither was Cyler Miles). If I see our QBs even attempting intermediate routes and routes over the middle of the field I will consider that a positive sign in my book. Lindquist's only success last year was either throwing bombs or dumping it off behind the line of scrimmage. If we can hit some of quick 5-10 yard routes it will go a long way towards keeping defenses honest and spreading the field out. If either of our big-armed QBs can get a rhythm passing game going it will make things a lot easier for our untested O Line and shitty running backs.

I also hope that KJCS or Lindquist (or both) separate themselves from Browning. I want this "UW could start their first true freshman at QB" narrative to die. Browning needs to redshirt. Fuck that noise.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

I do think we will be able to get a good read on the QBs during the spring game.

Lindquist and Williams were both pathetic last year and it was pretty clear that neither or them were the answer at QB (apparently, neither was Cyler Miles). If I see our QBs even attempting intermediate routes and routes over the middle of the field I will consider that a positive sign in my book. Lindquist's only success last year was either throwing bombs or dumping it off behind the line of scrimmage. If we can hit some of quick 5-10 yard routes it will go a long way towards keeping defenses honest and spreading the field out. If either of our big-armed QBs can get a rhythm passing game going it will make things a lot easier for our untested O Line and shitty running backs.

I also hope that KJCS or Lindquist (or both) separate themselves from Browning. I want this "UW could start their first true freshman at QB" narrative to die. Browning needs to redshirt. Fuck that noise.

I don't.

I think the playbook for the spring game portion of the spring preview will be pretty vanilla and pretty minimal. I think Petersen will want the QBs to focus on routes and reads that they're comfortable with rather than with what they've probably worked with during the closed-practice sessions. Now that doesn't mean there'll be some intermediate routes and things over the middle, especially with our TEs being a strength this season, but that most of these plays and defenses will be pretty basic.

That being said, I think Lindquist and KJCS are starting to separate from Browning. I'm sure Browning is going to be good here, but he keeps throwing too many interceptions. Unless he explodes this summer and finally realizes how to read Pac-12 DBs, then it'll be either Lindquist or KJCS in Boise this September.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

1. Win?

2. Attendance?

*irritating