Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Qb position worst in 35 years

13»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Why do you love Felix Sweetman?
    Why do you love Johnny DuRoucher?

Everyone loves Felix Sweetman.

Dude is a legend.
    jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

2008 says hi

Due to injury... Think about it
    Nah, the first guy sucked that year too.

To the original thread topic: What does jecornel have against Tom Flick?

We went into last season with literally the worst qb situation since I have been watching UW football and knowing what was going on. What was the previous worst? Fortney/Huard? Redshirt frosh Locker?

I also cannot remember going into a year with a worse rb situation. Toy/Weathersby/Fenney?

So when you put those two things together the offense really, really sucks.

When people use the 3 FIRST ROUNDERS!!! argument to show why (in their minds) Petersen sucks, I think the best analogy is the 1992 Seahawks. That team had a legitimate, bad ass defense. Really, really good. NFL Defensive POY. Dr Z named Tom Catlin his NFL Coach of the Year. But the offense was so, so, so bad. Historically bad. Half as many points as the 0-16 Detroit Lions bad. Because you had Stan freakin Gelbaugh at quarterback. That team, despite the awesome defense, was a legitimate 2-14.

tl;dr--it is really difficult to win without a qb, and qb guru Sark left this program in a historically weak qb situation.

On the other hand, Washington's defense got abused by the one good team they played last year.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know what our QB situation is like, honestly. I think Jonathan Smith Babushka is a fucking shit-ass OC who tried to run a million dollar offense with his ten dollar brain and Cyler's ten cent arm.

I think he over fucking complicates everything and has no fucking idea how to get the offense in a rhythm.

Look, Cyler was fucking terrible... but Babushka is a turd. Unless we massively simplify what we are trying to do on offense so that we avoid constant QB brain-lock and play to our players' strengths (HOLY FUCK!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?!) we are fucked and it will have precious little to do with the QBs.

We really aren't in that different a position at QB than we were in '93 or '04.

Don't get me started about Stanback. Fuck.

You can't run an offense based off smoking weed and beating the shit out of seahawk fans.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Puppy said this after fall camp last year. The plagiarism continues. And no shitlips, our qb position was the worst LAST year. Now at least the Dub has a qb who can push the ball downfield
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Puppy said this after fall camp last year. The plagiarism continues. And no shitlips, our qb position was the worst LAST year. Now at least the Dub has a qb who can push the ball downfield

Awesome'd for shitlips. Deranged puppy, you've been gone far too long.

Mannion was worse.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Yes puppy, the worst in 35 years at the hands of a supposed QB guru.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

This is false. I give you Casey Paus. Half of his passes didn't go past the fucking line of scrimmage! Why? because of his sideways throwing motion. It's a shame, because I kind of dug his style. The DL just stood there batting the fucking ball down!
    Wasn't paus the last qb to beat Oregon?

Are we good, or do we need keep going?
    As I remember it he threw only a small number of passes. Mostly the game was won on the ground. That's my recollection, I was there in '03. The huskies wore purple. The ducks were all white.

So you are saying we need a QB like Paus [all-purple uniforms] to beat Oregon?
    See what I did there? I turned it into a fashion thread.