Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kasen said he ran a 4.52??

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
LOL...in what??? He surely doesn't mean the 40 yard dash does he?

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2015
    "Williams, a former prep All-American, helped reassure scouts that he's recovered from a horrific foot injury two years ago, by clocking in at a respectable 4.62 in the 40-yard dash and posting a 35.5" vertical jump after measuring in at a chiseled 6-foot-1 (and 1/2") and 218 pounds. Williams caught the ball very well during his positional drills, snatching passes from former Washington quarterback Keith Price."

Seriously fubar in all reality, Kasen should have at least 41-43" inch vertical. This is the one player Sark and his staff really fucked over. Gotta feel bad for him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always thought he was faster than most on the board. I predicted a 4.7 or better during the season. He just never had any quicks.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,002
    Founders Club

I always thought he was faster than most on the board. I predicted a 4.7 or better during the season. He just never had any quicks.

I don't think Mario Bailey was ever going to win any foot races, but he had incredible quicks.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not too bad. Someone will like him and he'll be a good receiver in the NFL. He can haul in some tough balls and get some tough yards with the ball in his hands. He's never going to put up big #s but he'll be a useful receiver.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Not too bad. Someone will like him and he'll be a good receiver in the NFL. He can haul in some tough balls and get some tough yards with the ball in his hands. He's never going to put up big #s but he'll be a useful receiver practice squad player.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Not too bad. Someone will like him and he'll be a good receiver in the NFL. He can haul in some tough balls and get some tough yards with the ball in his hands. He's never going to put up big #s but he'll be a useful receiver practice squad player.

Practice squad players aren't useful?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

I don't think Mario Bailey was ever going to win any foot races, but he had incredible quicks.
    lacked top end speed?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Kasen should've redshirted if he was smart but great players usually think they can return faster than they really can. Would've been really nice to have him in 2015 on the Huskies as 100% healthy but oh well.

I could see him being a practice squad guy for a year and then making a roster somewhere (either NFL or CFL in 2016).
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I too think he should have red shirted. The problem i see is as others have already mentioned, his inability to jump as high as he needs to. He might get signed as a after thought but I doubt he will be drafted.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think, in the right situation, Kasen could be really good. I imagine everyone here (myself included) would've killed Jermaine Kearse and said he had no chance to play in the NFL, but I think Kasen could have a similar career. He has a unique skill set, it's just that people need to use it.

I felt like he was used wrong his whole career.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Kasen should've redshirted if he was smart but great players usually think they can return faster than they really can. Would've been really nice to have him in 2015 on the Huskies as 100% healthy but oh well.

I could see him being a practice squad guy for a year and then making a roster somewhere (either NFL or CFL in 2016).

Fucking THIS.

Fuck Sark. Really cheering for Kasen and will be genuinely upset if he doesn't realize his NFL dream.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I can't believe I'm defending Sloppy Steve but I imagine it was Kasen's call not to redshirt in 2014 (when Sloppy Steve was ripping patron in SoCal again, thanking his lucky stars that HadenFS rescued him from Seattle).
    Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

Fuck Sark. Really cheering for Kasen and will be genuinely upset if he doesn't realize his NFL dream.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    No way, Seven needed Kasen from day 1. Kasen will and should return from this injury 90% by the book. A guy who high jumps 7' in high school seriously has some explosion and speed. With the NFL money, trainers and illegal enhancements, he will recover.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Steve Largent never had any quicks but he knew how to run a route and get open.

How someone with Kasen's physical skills never had any separation is baffling.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

When Kasen is healthy, he could be really good. But IMO, he's still not all the way back. A 35" vertical for a guy who high jumped 7' and triple jumped 50' in HS tells me he's still not fully healed.

As for being used wrong, he was obviously not healthy in 2014. Tough to use a gimpy WR, especially with a noodle-armed QB who throws with his eyes closed. Not a great combo. In hindsight, a RS in 2014 would likely have been the best call.

I think Kasen had the ability to be an NFL WR. Probably not a very good one, but a middle round pick who could bounce around for a little bit.

After the injury, he's done. He didn't have any speed to sacrifice. I'll be surprised if he makes a practice squad.