Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL UW-Stanford Game Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

salemcoog said:

Disagree with all the talk about pressure free throws. Not the ideal guy to inbound to, but he's a good enough shooter not to shit his pants on the line. Was he feeling pressure when he was draining 3s?

Riggghhhhttttt!!!!!

Because shooting rhythm 3's and shooting late game pressure FT's are like the same.
    If you aren't feeling tight shooting 3s you won't at the line. Idgaf what any of yall say. Shooting is shooting when you are good at basketball.

Bring on the downvotes but calling that game pressure is comical to me.
    Kingma is a white guy. I actually thought it was a good move.
    You're the one putting these guys on the line discussing their suitability to hit free throws.
    I'm agreeing with you
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I believe it didnt matter who we put on the line. They would have gagged. Ive already seen NWG do it.

Are we done here?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BayDawg said:

I believe it didnt matter who we put on the line. They would have gagged. Ive already seen NWG do it.

Are we done here?

TSIO
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How is this thread not locked yet?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

salemcoog said:

Disagree with all the talk about pressure free throws. Not the ideal guy to inbound to, but he's a good enough shooter not to shit his pants on the line. Was he feeling pressure when he was draining 3s?

Riggghhhhttttt!!!!!

Because shooting rhythm 3's and shooting late game pressure FT's are like the same.
    If you aren't feeling tight shooting 3s you won't at the line. Idgaf what any of yall say. Shooting is shooting when you are good at basketball.

Kingma is a white guy. I actually thought it was a good move.
    You're the one putting these guys on the line discussing their suitability to hit free throws.
    I'm agreeing with you
    That was a Harv joke that nobody got.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

salemcoog said:

Riggghhhhttttt!!!!!

One you shoot in rhythm the other tied to routine and provides opportunity to think
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Riggghhhhttttt!!!!!

Would have to say that if you can't understand the different between in game motion and standing isolated at the FT with everyone waiting on you I'm not sure what to tell you. The mechanics of the FT are repetition and practice, but saying that if you are good that pressure and the moment don't get to you is ridiculous. Some of the best players in history have boned FT's in big moments. 10k people all staring at you, guys talking shit to you on the line and some guys start questioning themselves. Lots of things happen.

Just to end this fucking convo. The fact that we're discussing inbounding to a Walk-on Frosh at the end of the game b/c our roster is devoid of talent and depth is Romar FS. It's Doog FS.