Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Players tired of Chip Kelly selling their couch

2»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2015

I love Chip but so far his offseason has looked like a steaming pile of shit. The McCoy for Alonso trade wasn't bad at all but everything else is:

- Grossly overpaying for Maxwell. I get why they overpaid, it's free agency and he was the #1 DB in the class. However, the DB class is pretty bad and this reeks of Chip signing someone because he had to. Good GM's maximize their value rather than win outrageous bidding wars over players. He also swung and missed on McCourty. Now the Eagles are going to be putting Maxwell on an island against other team's #1 receivers and he'll be up against Dez, Djack, and Odell 6 times a year. For how much he is being paid, he will be expected to win those battles. Do you really think he will more often than not?
    - Giving Sanchize $16 million. Why?
    - Letting Maclin walk. If they were willing to shell out big money to Maxwell, why not Maclin. Their WR corp would feature Riley Cooper as their #1. That's worse than Seattle's pathetic WR corp.

Maybe popping off too early here, free agency hasn't technically started yet but these all seem locked in.

I agree with you on everything but Maclin. Without a superstar quarterback, big name WRs are worthless. Quaterbacks make wrs and rbs better not the other way around. If letting Maclin go helps them pick up a top flight QB, then it's totally worth it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Eagles had $50 million in cap room before signing Gore and Maxwell. I think Gore is getting $4 million and Maxwell $10. They should still have at least $35 million. That's lot of money and draft picks to fill holes.

The defense is better than last year with Alonso and Maxwell on board. Now they need another player or two to round it out. Spend the money on defense and trust the offense will be fine with Chip. I like the Eagles off season so far.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

The Eagles had $50 million in cap room before signing Gore and Maxwell. I think Gore is getting $4 million and Maxwell $10. They should still have at least $35 million. That's lot of money and draft picks to fill holes.

The defense is better than last year with Alonso and Maxwell on board. Now they need another player or two to round it out. Spend the money on defense and trust the offense will be fine with Chip. I like the Eagles off season so far.

Still no qb, a slow old fuck at rb, your best wr is Cooper, and even with Maxwell you're looking at a pass defense that was 30th and 31st the last two years.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Frank Gore is an odd acquisition. Seems like he's been on he downward the last few seasons
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The only thing on offense the Eagles need is a quarterback. The right quarterback will make average wrs and rbs elite.