Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tevis Bartlett: 4 Time State Wrestling Champion

2»

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Don't you know? You gotta pay $11.95/month to see the dong.

Damn impressive.
    The bad news, he wrestled at 195. The good news, he'll be 225+ now he can start eating again.

Kudos to the guy who cropped the bottom of the picture. I don't need to know what his dong looks like.

Also, pretty sure that ref is Eklund under cover
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2015

Damn impressive.
    The bad news, he wrestled at 195. The good news, he'll be 225+ now he can start eating again.

Kudos to the guy who cropped the bottom of the picture. I don't need to know what his dong looks like.

Also, pretty sure that ref is Eklund under cover
    Good catch. But I'm pretty sure that's only half of Eklund. Not sure where the other 150lbs is.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2015
    I just find it funny that guys can't hack it so they say it's "gay."

I think basketball is a great sport...when you lose you have 4 other guys to blame...or even the coach. Zero personal responsibility.

Wrestling is by far the toughest amateur sport there is. Not even close

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Yeah, it's way better to roll around with a sweaty dude in front of 30 parents than play in packed gyms with all the hot chicks watching. Tough decision.

Not one wrestler would have made that choice of they were capable of playing basketball. The band members might have gotten more pussy than the wrestling team. This wasn't Iowa.

Last point, Boxing >>>>>>>>>> wrestling.

Now, can we get back to talking Bartlet instead of pretending wrestling isn't gross?

The reason most kids don't wrestle.......it is a fucking brutal sport that requires more dedication and competitiveness than any other sport. There is a ton of crossover between wrestling and football. Bartlett grew up in a state that likely values wrestling as much or more than basketball, much more Iowa than typical west coast. FWIW, I played basketball in HS.

I'm guessing Bartlett has had an abundance of pussy choices over the past few years. Much more than glory days posters on this board.

Second to last point, Boxing is FS. MMA, though, is compelling.

Finally, this a thread about football. Any poster using the word "gross" is......telling.

To the part in bold, I doubt it. He lives in Wyoming.

There is crossover between wrestling and football, but there is also a ton of (and probably more) crossover with football and basketball or football and track. Do you think Petersen isn't intrigued by Trey Adams throwing down alley oop dunks? I bet there are more players in the NFL that played basketball than wrestle.

I'm not trying to get your singlets in a bunch, but the best athletes do not typically wrestle. Bartlett is the only player from this recruiting class that we have heard wrestles.

MMA sucks. I tried to get into it for a few years. Boxing is skill and watching punches get thrown is more entertaining than watching guys roll around and try to lock in submissions. And yes, wrestling is "gross." If it was so great, people would give a shit about it. Fake wrestling has probably 20 X's the amount of fans as Olympic Wrestling.

I rest my case.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My routine was Football fall, Basketball winter, Rugby spring.

I just respect the dedication it takes to be a championship wrestler. Also, they understand leverage like no other, which is pretty much what football is about.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Long live the WWE and the idiots who pay to follow.

As for crossover from FB to wrestling vs. FB to, your new entry, track, I guess it matters whether you are talking about WR and DBs or the real men of football. But silly of me to question a guy who calls wrestling "gross" vs. common sense and a football coach who won college FB coach of the year more than once.

As for boxing vs. MMA, to each their own. I'm more interested in something beyond punching each other in the head for 12 rounds. MMA is a combination of boxing, wrestling and jujitsu.....much more skill and by far better athletes.

This is not about whether BB players are better athletes than wrestlers. If you define athlete as who can run faster and who can jump higher, you win. If you define it by commitment and strength, you lose. Apples & oranges.

This about Bartlett, 4x state champion in wrestling who was also player of the year in football, with plenty great offers from other schools. We're not the only ones who thought he was a FB stud.

As for pussy, is there none in Wyoming? Again, I'm sure he has access to far more pussy than you could have dreamed of, despite the screaming fans at your HS BB games.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

HuskyInAZ said:

Yeah, it's way better to roll around with a sweaty dude in front of 30 parents than play in packed gyms with all the hot chicks watching. Tough decision.

Not one wrestler would have made that choice of they were capable of playing basketball. The band members might have gotten more pussy than the wrestling team. This wasn't Iowa.

Last point, Boxing >>>>>>>>>> wrestling.

Now, can we get back to talking Bartlet instead of pretending wrestling isn't gross?

The reason most kids don't wrestle.......it is a fucking brutal sport that requires more dedication and competitiveness than any other sport. There is a ton of crossover between wrestling and football. Bartlett grew up in a state that likely values wrestling as much or more than basketball, much more Iowa than typical west coast. FWIW, I played basketball in HS.

I'm guessing Bartlett has had an abundance of pussy choices over the past few years. Much more than glory days posters on this board.

Second to last point, Boxing is FS. MMA, though, is compelling.

Finally, this a thread about football. Any poster using the word "gross" is......telling.

To the part in bold, I doubt it. He lives in Wyoming.

There is crossover between wrestling and football, but there is also a ton of (and probably more) crossover with football and basketball or football and track. Do you think Petersen isn't intrigued by Trey Adams throwing down alley oop dunks? I bet there are more players in the NFL that played basketball than wrestle.

I'm not trying to get your singlets in a bunch, but the best athletes do not typically wrestle. Bartlett is the only player from this recruiting class that we have heard wrestles.

MMA sucks. I tried to get into it for a few years. Boxing is skill and watching punches get thrown is more entertaining than watching guys roll around and try to lock in submissions. And yes, wrestling is "gross." If it was so great, people would give a shit about it. Fake wrestling has probably 20 X's the amount of fans as Olympic Wrestling.

I rest my case.
    It's just a couple of guys in spandex singlets, what're you so scared of man? Get in touch with your masculinity.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Long live the WWE and the idiots who pay to follow.

As for crossover from FB to wrestling vs. FB to, your new entry, track, I guess it matters whether you are talking about WR and DBs or the real men of football. But silly of me to question a guy who calls wrestling "gross" vs. common sense and a football coach who won college FB coach of the year more than once.

As for boxing vs. MMA, to each their own. I'm more interested in something beyond punching each other in the head for 12 rounds. MMA is a combination of boxing, wrestling and jujitsu.....much more skill and by far better athletes.

This is not about whether BB players are better athletes than wrestlers. If you define athlete as who can run faster and who can jump higher, you win. If you define it by commitment and strength, you lose. Apples & oranges.

This about Bartlett, 4x state champion in wrestling who was also player of the year in football, with plenty great offers from other schools. We're not the only ones who thought he was a FB stud.

As for pussy, is there none in Wyoming? Again, I'm sure he has access to far more pussy than you could have dreamed of, despite the screaming fans at your HS BB games.

Lol. You're all over the place. I like Bartlett as a recruit and being a great wrestler is a good thing. Based on his offers he can obviously play a little football. His offers are even more impressive considering he plays in a state that doesn't get much attention.

This isn't a Hoss95 type of thing where I think Petersen should avoid all wrestlers. Or I think wrestlers can't be great football players. I just don't like wrestling. Tough sport? No doubt. It's tough being the best in any sport and if you get to that level like Bartlett, you deserve praise.

Wrestling is boring and rolling around on the ground with sweaty dudes isn't something that interests me either as a participant or a fan.

I really, really doubt your last paragraph, but whatever you want to believe. And if Bartlett is, good for him.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

I think basketball is a great sport...when you lose you have 4 other guys to blame...or even the coach. Zero personal responsibility.

Becoming a good wrestler is tough. I agree there. The rest of it is pretty stupid. I never tried to hack it because I had no interest in it. I couldn't hack it at a high level in tennis, golf, or cross country either, but I wouldn't call any of those sports gross for obvious reasons.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sumo wrastlin' is definitely cool, you can't deny that

Bob Sapp vs Butterbean (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNeqZ8y3yA
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Sumo wrastlin' is definitely cool, you can't deny that

Bob Sapp vs Butterbean (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNeqZ8y3yA

We need to recruit more OL from Japan
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    Founders Club
    edited March 2015
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQx3KPxifQ

• MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    My dads disagree.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    HuskyJW said:

Interesting that you chose this forum to come out of the closet.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,177
    edited March 2015
    AlCzervik said:

HuskyJW said:

Weak sauce. Go back to DM

And just because you paint a house one time doesn't make you a house painter.

HTH
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm cracking up at Butterbean vs. The Beast.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Ossai agrees.
    AlCzervik said:

HuskyJW said: