Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar's fans already making excuses for next year, and the year after that

2»

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

At some point there will be a majority of faans to love romar, but realize his time has passes. Romar himself has to know he's been given ample rope. I'm still under the impression he is fired after this season. A team full of frosh is going to need new guidance anyhow, Let's just cut bate and let him leave after this season. It's time for him to move on, and our fan base needs something else to get excited about in hec-ed.

If the DM.c narrative is true, we're staring down the barrel at 6 years without an nccaa run. Possibly 8.

Great guy, great run, time to turn the page.

He's not getting fired this season, even if they lose every game left.

If you think he's getting fired, you're delusional.
    You're right that i would be delusional to honestly believe romar will get canned by the end of this year. That being said, I really can't imagine any money is coming into the program with the lack of seats, lack of booster $, and no post season to drive any interest for the AD department. At some point the $ does actually matter.

Anyone who thinks he's going to flip the ship in the next couple years is also delusional. His roster construction is built for failure next year as well. Great recruiting class but a horrid AA is back, NWG is likely gone(whether he should or not is another issue), no front court what so ever unless JJ finally becomes SPado's wet dream. So we'll suit up winters, dorsey, Giles, JJ, AA and a host of frosh.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Alexis said:

Softy on KJR right now (I know, fuck off) and he gives Romar the biggest endorsement one can give. Says he isn't as bad as Ty Willingham.

So, LoRo has that going for him, which is nice.

I know Romar gets a lot of flack around here, but comparing him to Ty is SoftyFS.

Saying Romar isn't as bad as Ty is endorsement enough to be fired.

Examples:

(blank) relief pitcher isn't as bad as Ayala

(blank) hitter isn't as bad as Mendoza

(blank) quarterback isn't as bad as Leaf

I think you get the picture
    Petersen isn't as bad as Ty either. I guess we should fire him.

But if you want to use SoftyFS logic, knock yourself out.
    I think you missed my point. If your one defense of a coach, is saying he isn't as bad as Ty, that coach needs to be fired. Petersen obviously isn't as bad as Ty, but is anyone even having to make that argument?
    Softy is the one making that argument.

What more needs to be said here?
    But nobody else is making an argument. Meaning the doogiest of doogs has only Ty as the justification for keeping Romar around. Is there any good reason he should stay?
    Nobody is arguing with the mentally retarded homeless guy at the bus stop either.

I guess that means whatever he says goes. Since nobody else is making an argument.

Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Alexis said:

Softy on KJR right now (I know, fuck off) and he gives Romar the biggest endorsement one can give. Says he isn't as bad as Ty Willingham.

I know Romar gets a lot of flack around here, but comparing him to Ty is SoftyFS.

Examples:

I think you missed my point. If your one defense of a coach, is saying he isn't as bad as Ty, that coach needs to be fired. Petersen obviously isn't as bad as Ty, but is anyone even having to make that argument?

But nobody else is making an argument. Meaning the doogiest of doogs has only Ty as the justification for keeping Romar around. Is there any good reason he should stay?
    Nobody is arguing with the mentally retarded homeless guy at the bus stop either.

I guess that means whatever he says goes. Since nobody else is making an argument.

So.....,,pro Romar? Got it
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

Your dumber than I thought.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Alexis said:

Examples:

*you're
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

Mad bro? You seem bitter
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

Mad bro? You seem bitter
    BURN
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

Mad bro? You seem bitter
    BURN
    My bad, didn't know you cared
  • Options

Alexis said:

Examples:

Mad bro? You seem bitter
    BURN
    My bad, didn't know you cared
    Whatever
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He will survive this year unless they go 3-15 and even then, the Doogs will bring up what he did 5-10 years ago to defend him. I can hear Snow Globe Fain ask who else you would get now (Tony Bennett and 25 others dipshit).

Just look at the guy on the other bench today.
    I don't know his name but he seems better than Obummer's brother
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Brother in-law

Whatever
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What's funny is that there were more than a few people yesterday that compared Romar to Tyrone ... myself included.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

What's funny is that there were more than a few people yesterday that compared Romar to Tyrone ... myself included.

Willingham was unfirable because of his skin color.

Romar is unfirable because of his tenure and where the program was before he got to UW.

The only common link is Seattle being pussy soft. Other than that, completely different circumstances.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Romar is unfirable because of his tenure and where the program was before he got to UW.

The only common link is Seattle being pussy soft. Other than that, completely different circumstances.
    I never said what the reasons were for the comparison ...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Romar's skin color plays a factor. It's just relatively small. There are plenty of guilty white libs who want to fight white privelege, think things will be better when minorities overtake whites in this cuntry and will give him every benefit of the doubt.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Romar's skin color plays a factor. It's just relatively small. There are plenty of guilty white libs who want to fight white privelege, think things will be better when minorities overtake whites in this cuntry and will give him every benefit of the doubt.
    Does that mean that Oregon St. is now serious about basketball?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

If you put together all the people who think Romar is unfirable, the number of those who would say you can't fire him because he is black is virtually non-existent. The people who advocate keeping Romar no matter what follow one train of thought: "He's done more for UW basketball than anyone ever has and deserves to leave the program on his own terms."

It's a losers mentality and at this point in his career, he's right where Ernie Kent was before he got fired. The difference here is that Oregon's AD cares about winning (which is the way it should be) above all else whereas our AD says "well, he's a nice guy, and we're not really a basketball school, and he's good for the community"

The whole "he's black and Seattle is liberal so he can't be fired" thing is not only stupid but it's ignoring the root of the problem, which is that our AD doesn't care about having a winning basketball program as long as we can look back 10 years ago and say "gee, remember that? that was fun"
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Totally agree that his race has less than zero to do with him being employed. UW fans have somehow sold themselves a bill of goods that barely sniffing the ncaa's is the best UW can do b/c 30 years ago the program was beyond terrible. After 4 straight years of ncaa misses, and likely another next year with a team full of frosh, i'd argue we're not exactly light years better. Either way, if romar was a dick he'd be out. If the AD had any stones, he'd be out. But the fans are stuck with a coach who's schtik is that he has some guys in the nba and people love him. Sadly, that doesn't translate to winning which is actually the point of the program.

I wish romar would have left for ucla b/c I do think he would have been very successful there. UW needs someone who can strategize since we likely will never have an elite roster across the board. Romar lost his way 4-5 years ago in recruiting and how he coached the game. Getting big athletic guards who can press and play up tempo. Instead we went to some half court malaise that romar can't coach.

In 13 years the team has 6 NCAA appearances. He went 3 out of his first 4 years, and since that point he's 3 for 9 which included one sweet 16. I have no idea how UW can't do better than a 33% in the ncaa's. Nobody is saying it should be final 4's, but 13 years into your tenure and you're 3/9 on even making the tourney is embarrassing.