Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hooks.net is pathetic (in a hilarious way) right now

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Salemcoog is approaching Beezlebub territory.

My riddle is not complex.

If you haven't figured it out, I'll help ya. I'm nothing more than a closet Duck trolling to make Cougs look good.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

If you haven't figured it out, I'll help ya. I'm nothing more than a closet Duck trolling to make Cougs look good.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

You must have a lot of free time. Are you also a Bear fan trying to make the Packers look bad?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

I liked this schtick better when it was called TillerDuck

#FreeHarv!
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I'm not that emotionally invested in a pro team. I enjoy watching the Hawks play and, of course, wanted them to win. But, I slept like a baby and I didn't need a pill, drugs, or alcohol.

I get way more pissed about Husky losses. But, we've seen so many of those in recent history that I've learned to get over it and go to bed.

The 12s have no lives. I don't want to sound like AoG, but the Seahawks are a bunch of millionaires playing a game for a billionaire owner. They just happen to be located in Seattle. Them winning or losing doesn't make me any more or less of a person.

Pro teams have a habit of moving too. I remember the day when the Seahawks left for L.A. I have not felt a connection to pro sports really in about 20 years.
    A lot of the 12s are making this out to be the worst thing to happen to seattle sports. Bullshit. The worst thing to happen was Huard being picked off by Kenny Wheaton and the long slow burn into Oregon supremecy, 10 years of fucking beatdowns. ALos, it wasn't a bad call. Wilson should have chucked it into the stands.
  • Options

I'm not that emotionally invested in a pro team. I enjoy watching the Hawks play and, of course, wanted them to win. But, I slept like a baby and I didn't need a pill, drugs, or alcohol.

I get way more pissed about Husky losses. But, we've seen so many of those in recent history that I've learned to get over it and go to bed.

The 12s have no lives. I don't want to sound like AoG, but the Seahawks are a bunch of millionaires playing a game for a billionaire owner. They just happen to be located in Seattle. Them winning or losing doesn't make me any more or less of a person.

Pro teams have a habit of moving too. I remember the day when the Seahawks left for L.A. I have not felt a connection to pro sports really in about 20 years.
    A lot of the 12s are making this out to be the worst thing to happen to seattle sports. Bullshit. The worst thing to happen was Huard being picked off by Kenny Wheaton and the long slow burn into Oregon supremecy, 10 years of fucking beatdowns. Also, it wasn't a bad call. Wilson should have chucked it into the stands.
    You're a complete doog if you think Wheaton's going to score is the worst thing to happen to Seattle sports. Lambo was never winning a championship even if he gives that ball to Kauffman.

Hell, just from a UW perspective losing to UCLA in 1990 was much worse. As was the "Onions" UConn game. And if you want to discuss losses to Oregon, losing to them in 2000 was worse, though I don't think we could have beaten Stoops in the title game. And of course the sanctions/James' resignation were by far worse than any of those things.

And yes, I watched Huard hit Wheaton in stride, and yes I was devastated when it happened. It wasn't what kept that team from a championship though, so it falls way down the list of tragic Seattle sports moments.

1. Sonics move
    2. UW Sanctions/James resignation
    3. Super Bowl 49
    4. Mutombo on his back cradling the ball on our court
    5. "This has legs" Super Bowel loss
    6. 1990 UCLA game
    7. Mike motherfucking Jensen
    8. 96 NBA Finals
    9. 2000 Oregon game
    10 at best. Huard's gonna throw
  • Options
    dnc said:

A lot of the 12s are making this out to be the worst thing to happen to seattle sports. Bullshit. The worst thing to happen was Huard being picked off by Kenny Wheaton and the long slow burn into Oregon supremecy, 10 years of fucking beatdowns. Also, it wasn't a bad call. Wilson should have chucked it into the stands.
    You're a complete doog if you think Wheaton's going to score is the worst thing to happen to Seattle sports. Lambo was never winning a championship even if he gives that ball to Kauffman.

Hell, just from a UW perspective losing to UCLA in 1990 was much worse. As was the "Onions" UConn game. And if you want to discuss losses to Oregon, losing to them in 2000 was worse, though I don't think we could have beaten Stoops in the title game. And of course the sanctions/James' resignation were by far worse than any of those things.

And yes, I watched Huard hit Wheaton in stride, and yes I was devastated when it happened. It wasn't what kept that team from a championship though, so it falls way down the list of tragic Seattle sports moments.

1. Sonics move
    3. Super Bowl 49
    6. 1990 UCLA game
    8. 96 NBA Finals
    9. 2000 Oregon game
    well, then arguably the worst single play call in seattle sports = Huard->Wheaton

This heralded the start of oregon's dominance in football
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

1. Sonics move
    3. Super Bowl 49
    6. 1990 UCLA game
    8. 96 NBA Finals
    9. 2000 Oregon game
    well, then arguably the worst single play call in seattle sports = Huard->Wheaton

The worst single play was the INT to end the Super Bowl. It's not even close.
  • Options

dnc said:

1. Sonics move
    3. Super Bowl 49
    6. 1990 UCLA game
    8. 96 NBA Finals
    9. 2000 Oregon game

The worst single play was the INT Eastern threw in the end zone to Trufant. It's not even close.
  • Options

dnc said:

1. Sonics move
    3. Super Bowl 49
    6. 1990 UCLA game
    8. 96 NBA Finals
    9. 2000 Oregon game

Causation?

• Options
    fine, whatever.... I hardly hang around here for good reason... soon I will be reading:

"I hate to sound like AoG, but the single worst play call in Seattle history was..."
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

There is a thread over there with a bunch of 12s talking about how they can't sleep... They have been tossing and turning for hours with stomach aches and headaches.

Jesus Christ... Do people really put that much emotion into a sports team? Your life must really suck if it hangs in the balances of how a sports team performs. Last night sucked but I sure as hell didn't lose sleep over it or let it affect my mood today.

Hi there. I have 6582 posts on a "hardcore" fan site. And I think people who are too emotionally invested in sports teams suck.