Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lakers w/o Kobe...

I have a feeling they will actually be better. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Their improvement will certainly be expedited after he retires and they can sign a marquee free agent.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,379
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Loooks hate winners
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You can appreciate what Kobe has done while realizing 24 million to current Kobe is going to kill your team.

The rest of the roster is unbelievably bad. I don't think any player in the NBA could get them an 8 seed in the West.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's funny is that the Lakers are still the only team talked about down here. At least Kobe is good for that. NOGAFA the Clips
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's funny is that the Lakers are still the only team talked about down here. At least Kobe is good for that. NOGAFA the Clips

They are the Clippers.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The NBA still exists in SoCal?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't actually dislike Kobe…its all the Lakers fans who anoint the guy as the greatest ever and think he's better than MJ. Superstar, yes. But not the greatest ever, not even top 5. Maybe not even top 10.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't actually dislike Kobe…its all the Lakers fans who anoint the guy as the greatest ever and think he's better than MJ. Superstar, yes. But not the greatest ever, not even top 5. Maybe not even top 10.

That's almost as bad as saying he's the greatest ever. He's probably #6 or 7.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Early prediction: OKC loses Durant after next year and Westbrook goes to the Lakers the year after. If the Lakers are smart they won't be stupid and give Kevin Love a max deal this year in free agency. If they go after anyone it should be Marc Gasol with LaMarcus Aldridge as a back up.

If you get neither, take your draft pick and ride out Kobe's last year. Obviously after the 2016 season, you have to take a shot at Durant. One way or another, the Lakers will be back in 2 or 3 years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Early prediction: OKC loses Durant after next year and Westbrook goes to the Lakers the year after. If the Lakers are smart they won't be stupid and give Kevin Love a max deal this year in free agency. If they go after anyone it should be Marc Gasol with LaMarcus Aldridge as a back up.

If you get neither, take your draft pick and ride out Kobe's last year. Obviously after the 2016 season, you have to take a shot at Durant. One way or another, the Lakers will be back in 2 or 3 years.

Unless Buss junior is a moron the Lakers always find a way.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The NBA still exists in SoCal?

Crispified.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Not top 10 is a stretch, yeah. I'd probably say 8 or 9.
  • Options

dnc said:

Not top 10 is a stretch, yeah. I'd probably say 8 or 9.
    That's fair
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    My top 10:

Jordan
    Russell
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Bird
    Magic
    Duncan
    Kobe
    Olajuwon

Tough calls with Erving and Oscar. I can easily see someone ranking Kobe like 11th or 12th and putting Olajuwon/Erving/Oscar ahead of him.
  • Options

My top 10:

Jordan
    Russell
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Bird
    Magic
    Duncan
    Kobe
    Olajuwon

Tough calls with Erving and Oscar. I can easily see someone ranking Kobe like 11th or 12th and putting Olajuwon/Erving/Oscar ahead of him.

Shaq is way too damn high IMO. No way he's above Magic, Bird, or Duncan, not sure he's above Kobe.

Once you get past sheer number of titles the two most important questions to me are 1) How many titles did you get as the best player on the team and 2) How good was the second best player on your team when you won?

Shaq grades out very well on the first question with 3 or 4 titles (depending on how you rank in his prime Wade versus slightly past his prime Shaq). But the second question dings Shaq significantly. He never won a title without an in his prime top 3 or 4 shooting guard of all time as his running mate. Shaq was incredibly great when he wanted to be, but he had to have a massively talented running mate to close things out because he was such a liability at the line and didn't take his conditioning seriously.

Duncan's best running mate was Tony Parker who is nowhere near Wade or Kobe on a historic level. And Duncan won more titles. That one's no contest.

Bird had great teammates but no one at Wade or Kobe's level. Magic had Kareem but still won a ring when Kareem was like 40. And Worthy was very good but no Kobe or Wade.

Kobe won two rings with Pau Gasol as his best teammate. Is Gasol even a hall of famer?

Jordan
    Russell
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Duncan
    Kobe
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Oscar
    Dreamshake
    Doctor J
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

My top 10:

Jordan
    Russell
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Bird
    Magic
    Duncan
    Kobe
    Olajuwon

Hakeem Olajuwon in my opinion was the most versatile center in the game. Outside of hitting threes, there wasn't anything he couldn't do. He had a great mid range shot, a great shot blocker, terrific low post moves, and could beast the boards.