Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Timu

Holy shit! I remember his true frosh year when he was starting at linebacker and he looked like your average Joe in the cubicle next to you. Now he actually looks like a linebacker... that guy has gotten huge!

Re watching the game he was all over the place last night. He is leaps and bounds better from when he first started.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It's not just him it's every linebacker, I really hope we don't lose sirmon when Wilcox becomes a HC
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2013
    dhdawg said:

It's not just him it's every linebacker, I really hope we don't lose sirmon when Wilcox becomes a HC

Me too, but I bet Sirmon will be Wilcox's DC if/when Wilcox becomes a head coach. Sirmon isn't here because of Sark. I think Sirmon is a great coach.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He's Samoan, though. I read somewhere that they are all lazy and drive ice cream trucks.

In truth, though, the dude is legit and will be around next year as well
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Not discrediting your point, but just imagine if Timu wasn't forced to play his freshman year and he had the opportunity to red-shirt and put on some beef. Just food for thought...
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Me too, but I bet Sirmon will be Wilcox's DC if/when Wilcox becomes a head coach. Sirmon isn't here because of Sark. I think Sirmon is a great coach.

CoachNews swears SIrmon is going with Wilcox when Wilcox becomes an HC, so I feel pretty confident Sirmon will be our next DC.
    Ahh, my dream that Sark will lead UW to a respectable 10+ win season this year, win his bowl game, and then ride off into the NFL sunset leaving the keys to HC Wilcox, DC Sirmon, with Heyward, Tosh, and a top-flight OC
  • Options
    Can we wait for Wilcox to shut down a good offense before we anoint him as the savior?

BTW, I like Wilcox too and think he's a good DC.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hopefully Timu keeps doing a serviceable job replacing Husky Legend and beer chugging champ, Cort D
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Can we wait for Wilcox to shut down a good offense before we anoint him as the savior?

BTW, I like Wilcox too and think he's a good DC.

Who's anointing him the savior? If anything it was Sirmon being anointed in this thread.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

CoachNews swears SIrmon is going with Wilcox when Wilcox becomes an HC, so I feel pretty confident Sirmon will be our next DC.
    Good point and I take back my post from earlier.

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2013
    I gotta say it is a good step in the right direction. Our best defensive performances came last year against teams that did not run the up tempo spread style offense, so it was nice to see them not give up big points.

Now I want to see what they do against the likes of Arizona, Oregon, ASU, etc.

On a side note, since Wilcox has been here, they have held their opponents to 15 pts or less in 50% of the games (7 times).

Put it perspective, Oregon has done it 4 times, and Stanford 6 times over the same period.

We just need to avoid those 50 pt cluster fucks vs. Oregon & Arizona.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One thing not mentioned is we finally played good defense against a no huddle offense. That had not previously been done under Wilcox.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013

One thing not mentioned is we finally played good defense against a no huddle offense. That had not previously been done under Wilcox.

They've adapted and improved, especially the linebackers and safeties. They're not biting, and they're tackling. If the line can really get its shit together, this could become a bonafide Husky defense.

BTW, it looks like Timu and maybe a few others might be paying more attention to the nutritional side of things. Great to see.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw his family at the game. He might be one of the smaller members